UPDDATED: " KENNETH ZOHORE "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:17 pm

UPDATED:

NEIL WARNOCK:

"Strikers,are the ones we've looked at really better than Kenneth Zohore, if we can get him fully fit and firing?"

Cardiff City handed huge Kenneth Zohore boost as Neil Warnock issues injury update

Thursday 10th Jan 2019

Neil Warnock hoping that Kenneth Zohore will solve his striker problem.

Neil Warnock is set to receive a Premier League fillip with star striker Kenneth Zohore returning to training following the thigh and calf problems that have plagued his season.

The Cardiff City front-runner has had just 36 minutes of football since September, with Warnock exasperated by the issues that have seen Zohore miss so many games.

But Zohore will start proper training again on Monday. Although he won't be ready to play against Huddersfield and probably Newcastle, Warnock hopes to have his centre-forward back for the Arsenal match at The Emirates.

"We need Ken fit and he starts again on Monday," said Warnock. "I don't think he'll be available for Newcastle on Saturday week, but we then have 10 days and hopefully he'll figure at Arsenal.

"It's important we get Ken back. We've been looking at lots of strikers who have been recommended to us in this transfer window. But are any of them really better than a fully fit Kenneth Zohore?"

The crack at the Premier League has proved to be an incredibly frustrating time for Zohore, who has made just three early season starts against Newcastle, Huddersfield and Burnley.

He returned for a brief seven minute cameo against Liverpool in October, but was then ruled out again.

There was another comeback versus Manchester United over Christmas, when Zohore played well upon replacing Harry Arter in the 61st minute and troubled the United defence.

But he has subsequently missed the games against Leicester, Tottenham and Gillingham and isn't in contention for the Cardiff City Stadium crunch versus Huddersfield this weekend.

Warnock has been heavily linked with Nantes striker Emiliano Sala, but the French club demanded £25m and the price would have to come down significantly for a deal to be done.

The Cardiff boss retains great belief in Zohore's ability to score goals at Premier League level and is hoping a clean bill of fitness will enable him to get a run of games and break his goal duck.

In Zohore's absence, Warnock has been forced to press Callum Paterson into emergency centre-forward action. Well though the converted right-back has done, Warnock knows he needs a proper number nine in the role as Cardiff battle against relegation in the closing months of the season.
Attachments
0_Norwich-City-v-Cardiff-City-Sky-Bet-Championship-Carrow-Road.jpg
0_Norwich-City-v-Cardiff-City-Sky-Bet-Championship-Carrow-Road.jpg (45.7 KiB) Viewed 7864 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: " KENNETH ZOHORE "

Postby DandoCCFC » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:23 pm

Really? Warnock using this to save his arse again..

How can he constantly rate the whole group we got over the names we been linked with? I like Loic Damour he got a tremendous work rate and attitude and Ralls haven't cut it but people like Tameze and Sala won't improve what we got? If this is actually Warnock's thinking and not a ploy to keep his cards to chest in regards to transfers to keep the media out then he is delusional.
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:29 pm

Personally I don't see Zohore being the answer and for me Zohore is def not Premier League, but thats my strong opinion.

Not good enough, wrong attitude and Warnock in the past has admitted this about Zohore,injury prone,lazy and Championship striker.
Attachments
0_Norwich-City-v-Cardiff-City-Sky-Bet-Championship-Carrow-Road.jpg
0_Norwich-City-v-Cardiff-City-Sky-Bet-Championship-Carrow-Road.jpg (45.7 KiB) Viewed 7568 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby rhblue » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:31 pm

He’s got a lazy attitude but when he came on a substitute against Man U he didn’t do that bad he created opportunity’s for himself and for others. He useless on his own upfront but could be good with a an extra man upfront.
rhblue

Postby DartfordBluebird » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:32 pm

He won't last the training, he'll be injured again by next week. :banghead: :banghead:
DartfordBluebird

Postby rhblue » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:37 pm

DartfordBluebird wrote:He won't last the training, he'll be injured again by next week. :banghead: :banghead:

:laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6:
rhblue

Postby angelis1949 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:37 pm

Just hope that Warnock doesn't use the situation With Zohore as a fall back position to cover up his failure,once again !!! to sign a natural goalscorer which we so desperately need
angelis1949

Postby wez1927 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:46 pm

Get rid always injured
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby Nora0343 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:47 pm

FFS Neil dont rely on that lazy git . I cant believe he is coming out with this c--p. Usual nonsense from the club trying to justify not spending a penny . If NW hadnt been so negative about us punching about our weight, having lowest budget etc etc then perhaps players would want to join us. Most of us are sick to death of the same old rubbish . Do we want to stay in this league or not ?
Nora0343

Postby 2blue2handle » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:52 pm

No doubt about it if he can get him actually fit this season he would be our best option by some distance for me. Doesn't change the fact we still need another striker though.
2blue2handle

Postby Bluebird1990 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:54 pm

Handed a boost? are they on drugs? he's done f**k all for us for far too long
Bluebird1990

Postby RageJon » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:54 pm

So many mixed messages come from the club at the moment it's unreal

We can't rely on zohore it's ludicrous
Always Know If The Juice Is Worth The Squeeze !

Utrinque Paratus
RageJon

Postby Bluebird-in-Jackland » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:58 pm

I can’t wait to see him back starting. He always runs the channels which we very rarely see from any of our other strikers/part time strikers. At the start of the season he didn’t look anything like himself, but when he came on against United his hunger was back and caused them problems.
People often call him lazy as they are used to the likes of Paterson and Reid constantly chasing down. But he’s never been like that or ever will be as it would hamper his game. He’s a naturally big lad and needs to pick and choose his times to chase lost causes or press. Neil has said himself he was disappointed with his application at the start of the season, he’s obviously seen a change in that. We would all want the Ken back at his best like the beginning of last season and the season prior to it.
The problem is unless people see what they want they tend to ignore the other stuff they do. Bruno being the perfect example of that this season, constantly slated at the beginning, but people now realise how important he has been.
Bluebird-in-Jackland

Postby Escott1927 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:58 pm

Looked pretty sharp when he came on against united. If we could keep him fit and playing at that tempo he wouldn't need replacing. But no doubt he will soon be injured again. If he is going to be played he needs support as he is no where near good enough to be played as a target man.
Escott1927

Postby 2blue2handle » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:00 pm

Bluebird-in-Jackland wrote:I can’t wait to see him back starting. He always runs the channels which we very rarely see from any of our other strikers/part time strikers. At the start of the season he didn’t look anything like himself, but when he came on against United his hunger was back and caused them problems.
People often call him lazy as they are used to the likes of Paterson and Reid constantly chasing down. But he’s never been like that or ever will be as it would hamper his game. He’s a naturally big lad and needs to pick and choose his times to chase lost causes or press. Neil has said himself he was disappointed with his application at the start of the season, he’s obviously seen a change in that. We would all want the Ken back at his best like the beginning of last season and the season prior to it.
The problem is unless people see what they want they tend to ignore the other stuff they do. Bruno being the perfect example of that this season, constantly slated at the beginning, but people now realise how important he has been.

Tend to agree, I simply don't think he was fit earlier in the season. Warnock admitted rushing him back.
2blue2handle

Postby piledriver64 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:13 pm

I actually believe that Zohore does have the ability to do well in the Premier.

I think that was pretty clear from his brief appearance against Man Utd when he looked fit for the first time this season ................ even that didn't last long though !

However, I'm not convinced he has the mentality to make use of that ability and, possibly more importantly at the moment, there have to be real question marks about whether he is able to stay fit for long enough to make a difference.

Therefore it would be pretty stupid to rely on Zohore whether you rate him or not.
piledriver64

Postby ThomasC » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:28 pm

Neil Warnock....

Zohore in transfer window: Saviour
Zohore in feb: scapegoat.

I'm just bored of this
ThomasC

Postby montyblue » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:30 pm

Oh dear me, roy of the rovers.
montyblue

Postby Gringo22 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:43 pm

I might be wrong but if zohore does well when he comes back. Guarantee everyone who slates him on here, will all be like they never said a bad word about him and praise him.
Gringo22

Postby Bluebird-in-Jackland » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:47 pm

Gringo22 wrote:I might be wrong but if zohore does well when he comes back. Guarantee everyone who slates him on here, will all be like they never said a bad word about him and praise him.

I’ve already bookmarked this thread just in case. And I bet most of them were not saying this when he was on fire 2 seasons ago. I really don’t think we could afford a striker that’s got the qualities Ken has, but I do think we need to invest in a striker to push him. Let’s face it Ward, Reid and Paterson can’t push him, as he’s light years ahead of them when fully fit and on form.
Bluebird-in-Jackland

Postby Escott1927 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:05 pm

Bluebird-in-Jackland wrote:
Gringo22 wrote:I might be wrong but if zohore does well when he comes back. Guarantee everyone who slates him on here, will all be like they never said a bad word about him and praise him.

I’ve already bookmarked this thread just in case. And I bet most of them were not saying this when he was on fire 2 seasons ago. I really don’t think we could afford a striker that’s got the qualities Ken has, but I do think we need to invest in a striker to push him. Let’s face it Ward, Reid and Paterson can’t push him, as he’s light years ahead of them when fully fit and on form.

I think the words '2 seasons ago' highlight the problem here. I am sure all the Zohore doubters would love to be proved wrong and for him to start banging the goals in but there's not a lot to suggest that is going to happen any time soon. We cant wait forever for him to hit some kind of fitness, never mind some kind of form!

I just don't think our style of play suits him as he is useless in the air and without support he is very isolated. The ball needs to be played to his feet or through the channels to play to his strengths which unfortunately we don't do.
Escott1927

Postby dalefo » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:09 pm

Zahore is not good enough for championship never mind premier league how many chances do u give one player lets get a proper striker
dalefo

Postby Danny Says » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:14 pm

How did he get injured again so quickly?

He is becoming a sick note.

Paterson up front again on Saturday then - well it should be his type of game but he was hopeless at Gillingham.
Danny Says

Postby Sven » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:27 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Personally I don't see Zohore being the answer and for me Zohore is def not Premier League, but thats my strong opinion.

Not good enough, wrong attitude and Warnock in the past has admitted this about Zohore, injury prone, lazy and Championship striker.

Sadly, I tend to agree and more than that Kenneth Zohore seems increasingly (what is modernly called) 'sensitive', so therefor unreliable and not someone you HAVE to rely on in a battle! :(

I'd love him to come back and show us he's the answer but he has a lot to prove! :|
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby rhblue » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:41 pm

Zohore hasnt even had 60 minutes on the pitch this season, I’d like to see him start a match with Reid up top with him :ayatollah:
rhblue

Postby KWest » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:50 pm

Warnock has used this “fully fit Kenneth Zahore” BS before. Yes, Neil, MOST strikers are better than a fully fit Kenneth Zohore. Stop talking tripe.
KWest

Postby Gringo22 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:03 pm

I think any striker gunna struggle in ours side, but zohore when fit also brings other players into play. He was third in assist for us last season.
Gringo22

Postby bluebird58 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:10 pm

No-one on here has the right to call him lazy when they have never met the man.

However, he is injury prone.

I met him recently with my family in the Captain's lounge before the Southampton game. He appears to genuinely want to do well, but is frustrated by his injuries. He may be too injured to play, but his general build, physique and body language suggests that he is putting plenty of work into his general fitness.

I feel that a fit Kenneth Zohore is good enough for the Premier League - but we need another target man striker to play alongside (or instead of ) him , because of his injury issues.

He appears very shy and is quietly spoken, but doesn't strike me as lazy.
First game Cardiff v Coventry City 1967
bluebird58

Postby bluescarlet » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:38 pm

Isn’t strange when Hull Cuty not so long ago many on this board were outraged that we should consider accepting 13m for him, selling the club down the river etc.
Now he is c**p, you couldn’t make it up!
bluescarlet

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:41 pm

Sven wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Personally I don't see Zohore being the answer and for me Zohore is def not Premier League, but thats my strong opinion.

Not good enough, wrong attitude and Warnock in the past has admitted this about Zohore, injury prone, lazy and Championship striker.

Sadly, I tend to agree and more than that Kenneth Zohore seems increasingly (what is modernly called) 'sensitive', so therefor unreliable and not someone you HAVE to rely on in a battle! :(

I'd love him to come back and show us he's the answer but he has a lot to prove! :|

Chris,

I agree, I would love Zohore, to prove us wrong, but I strongly doubt it.

Forever Blue
Admin

Next

Return to General Chat