Was it this bad last time?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Bluebird-in-Jackland » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:24 pm

The negativity on this board is starting to get unbearable, I find myself getting worked up reading some of the nonsense. I can’t remember it being like this last time we were in the PL, but maybe the rebrand was still the main subject. Or was it this bad?
We have come from 23rd in the championship to 17th in the PL in 2 years. Yet some of our fans think they are supporting the likes of Man City. We are Cardiff City, we have the lowest wage bill and budget in the league, which we are all aware of. Why has there always got to be someone to blame? We have not failed at anything yet this season, if anything we have surpassed everyone’s expectations.
The club will make signings it’s a certainty, Neil has said himself. Even if it is last minute, look how our last minute signings turned out in August. Nobody knows the truth about the Tameze deal, but as the report suggest we pulled out. This to me says he was either demanding too much or Warnock did not see him integrating with the squad well. But I’m may be wrong.
Bluebird-in-Jackland

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Was it this bad last time?

Postby TheHangedMan » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:34 pm

Bluebird-in-Jackland wrote:The negativity on this board is starting to get unbearable, I find myself getting worked up reading some of the nonsense. I can’t remember it being like this last time we were in the PL, but maybe the rebrand was still the main subject. Or was it this bad?
We have come from 23rd in the championship to 17th in the PL in 2 years. Yet some of our fans think they are supporting the likes of Man City. We are Cardiff City, we have the lowest wage bill and budget in the league, which we are all aware of. Why has there always got to be someone to blame? We have not failed at anything yet this season, if anything we have surpassed everyone’s expectations.
The club will make signings it’s a certainty, Neil has said himself. Even if it is last minute, look how our last minute signings turned out in August. Nobody knows the truth about the Tameze deal, but as the report suggest we pulled out. This to me says he was either demanding too much or Warnock did not see him integrating with the squad well. But I’m may be wrong.

Very well said Sir.

I'm an elephant so I remmber skulking around in the 3rd & 4th divisions, notwithstanding nearly going bust on a few occassions. We've never had it so good.

Brilliant Manager (should be knighted), a board bringing financial stability and fans who's vocal support is second to none in the PL and far beyond..

Keep the faith, we will not go down, whatever happens in this window. :bluebird:
Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious........
TheHangedMan

Postby buckleys brewery » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:44 pm

Bluebird-in-Jackland wrote:The negativity on this board is starting to get unbearable, I find myself getting worked up reading some of the nonsense. I can’t remember it being like this last time we were in the PL, but maybe the rebrand was still the main subject. Or was it this bad?

Ask your neighbours how much they enjoyed their 7 seasons in the Prem. How much they enjoyed being the number 1 club in Wales. How much they enjoyed watching their side compete with the top teams. You say you don’t understand the negativity, well the fact that we have got here, we want to stay here. A lot of fans don’t feel the squad is currently strong enough to survive and are fretting that no quality signings, that can help us stay up, are forthcoming.
buckleys brewery

Postby Steve Zodiak » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:51 pm

It's only a tiny minority on here who constantly slate the club and Warnock at every opportunity. They are not representative of any city fans I drink with, or the ones I speak to in and around the ground. I'm not even convinced half of them go to the matches, and if we should end up back in the lower leagues, a lot of them will vanish into thin air. After all, we have gained around 20k fans since we started climbing the leagues. A lot of them obviously were'nt around when the club could have done with their support. If Tan forked out some big bucks and the increased the match ticket prices to help pay for team strengthening, I wonder which fans would be straight on here complaining.
Steve Zodiak

Postby Liles93 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:01 pm

It was pretty bad last time, especially around the rebrand and the period after Malky's dismissal. There was also a lot of horrible stuff around 'plastic' fans which I haven't seen this time around. Think it's negative in parts this year yes, but equally where it's negative it's much less vitriolic and angry.
Liles93

Postby TopCat CCFC » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:12 pm

"Was it this bad last time ??? - YES it was !!! We had OGS in charge ( At this point !!! ) ;)
TopCat CCFC

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:19 pm

That is an excellent post and very well put.
I think a lot of these people are recent recruits to the ranks of Cardiff City supporters, perhaps attracted by promotion, so they don't understand what an astounding feat Sir Neil has performed. Either that or they don't understand much about football - a lot of them seem to think that you simply buy expensive players and they immediately start winning games.

I'd say we're in a much better position now because we don't have to cope with the various internal strifes which we're all well aware of and don't need explaining, but even more importantly we're generally improving all the time. I see no reason why we can't eventually be in the top grouping but that's going to take time and this is what some of them don't seem to understand.
SirJimmySchoular

Postby dogfound » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:25 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:

It's only a tiny minority on here who constantly slate the club and Warnock at every opportunity. They are not representative of any city fans I drink with, or the ones I speak to in and around the ground. I'm not even convinced half of them go to the matches, and if we should end up back in the lower leagues, a lot of them will vanish into thin air. After all, we have gained around 20k fans since we started climbing the leagues. A lot of them obviously were'nt around when the club could have done with their support. If Tan forked out some big bucks and the increased the match ticket prices to help pay for team strengthening, I wonder which fans would be straight on here complaining.

you are 100% correct about many f them not going to games, some have even admitted as much in the past .
dogfound

Postby smakerzthebluebird » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:34 pm

buckleys brewery wrote:

Ask your neighbours how much they enjoyed their 7 seasons in the Prem. How much they enjoyed being the number 1 club in Wales. How much they enjoyed watching their side compete with the top teams. You say you don’t understand the negativity, well the fact that we have got here, we want to stay here. A lot of fans don’t feel the squad is currently strong enough to survive and are fretting that no quality signings, that can help us stay up, are forthcoming.

Find 200m plus another 300m for signings then buddy
Founder of the forum whopper thread! Don't talk bollocks or you'll be added to the thread!!
smakerzthebluebird

Postby Sneggyblubird » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:56 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:"Was it this bad last time ??? - YES it was !!! We had OGS in charge ( At this point !!! ) ;)

Aye,and he spent really well in the window didn't he. :lol:
Sneggyblubird

Postby dogfound » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:04 pm

there were other issues back then..
I would say no though.
some of the posts are stark raving bonkers ,in particular the suggestion by a number of people that the club have no intention of signing anyone, which means our 70 year old manager who probably is not short of a few quid , has dealt with or resigned from posts where they were not playing the game with him and could find another job tomorrow, is being asked to jet around pretending to sign players he has no intention of signing.
dogfound

Postby Bambasbestbuddy22 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:11 pm

Well said bluebird in jackland. Couldnt agree more. While it isn't great getting a hammering from the top 6 I can accept it as generally speaking we are doing amazing from the beginning of last season.

Neil is a fantastic manager and other than that great success of getting us to the premier league he has achieved an absolute miracle the way he has brought this club together.

It feels so much better this time around and we are gradually being turned into a strong self sustainable club. The future is bright....even if we do go back down. This club is on the cusp of greatness and success
Bambasbestbuddy22

Postby maccydee » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:25 pm

The gap between the top and the bottom is huge now. No idea why it is all of a sudden turned that way but it has so chucking Swansea into the discussion is not relevant.

We are batting well above thanks to a great manager. Last time promotion papered over the cracks. As soon as we started losing the fans turned. Very different this time as the club is united.
maccydee

Postby Bazforth » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:05 am

Wise words of wisdom fella, PS will probably be on the 13:14 train from Llansamlet on Saturday if you're getting the train down.
Bazforth

Postby bluesince62 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:06 am

TheHangedMan wrote:

Very well said Sir.

I'm an elephant so I remmber skulking around in the 3rd & 4th divisions, notwithstanding nearly going bust on a few occassions. We've never had it so good.

Brilliant Manager (should be knighted), a board bringing financial stability and fans who's vocal support is second to none in the PL and far beyond..

Keep the faith, we will not go down, whatever happens in this window. :bluebird:

I'm a dinosaur too :old: agree totally with your post,loving the positivity,we are indeed having the best of times,well since I've been watching us :occasion5:
bluesince62

Postby eddiep » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:59 am

This is actually a very good time.
Team fighting
Manager fighting
Fans together
Atmosphere good

I think most City fans really
Know how the bad times
(We've had plenty of them!)

Frustrations on this board with transfers and
Lack of quality and depth in certain
Positions is totally understandable.
Given the chance we now have of staying up.

I for one am totally frustrated
But it doesn't stop me feeling proud of
The job weve done with the tools weve got.

Come on the mighty Bluebirds
you reap what you sow
eddiep

Postby dogfound » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:10 am

eddiep wrote:This is actually a very good time.
Team fighting
Manager fighting
Fans together
Atmosphere good

I think most City fans really
Know how the bad times
(We've had plenty of them!)

Frustrations on this board with transfers and
Lack of quality and depth in certain
Positions is totally understandable.
Given the chance we now have of staying up.

I for one am totally frustrated
But it doesn't stop me feeling proud of
The job weve done with the tools weve got.

Come on the mighty Bluebirds

I am proud of the performances too
and how our fans have supported the team.
not so proud of those screaming blue murders on here about spending for the sake of spending.
dogfound

Return to General Chat