UPDATED “ EMILIANO SALA IS AT CARDIFF CITY “

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby worcester_ccfc » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:00 am

UPDATED:

Sala heads back to France
Link
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=203864

Argentine striker Emiliano Sala is at Cardiff City with Neil Warnock, Dalman and Ken Choo discussing terms :thumbright: :bluebird:

SALA IN CARDIFF

Nantes striker Emiliano Sala has flown into South Wales in the last hour for talks and a possible medical ahead of a £20m club-record transfer to Cardiff City, Sky Sports News understands.

The fee would dwarf the £11m Cardiff paid for Chilean midfielder Gary Medel in 2013.

BBC - Monday 14th January 2019

Argentine striker Emiliano Sala is heading to Cardiff City for talks over a potential club record £18m transfer.

Sala, 28, has scored 13 league and cup goals for French top-flight side Nantes this season and is manager Neil Warnock's main target.

The move had appeared to have fallen through, but chairman Mehmet Dalman confirmed the club are still keen.

"Nothing is dead until it is dead, there is still dialogue going on and we will see what happens," he said.

A fee of £18m would beat the £11m Cardiff paid for Chile international midfielder Gary Medel in 2013.

Sala's tally of 12 league goals puts him in third place in the French scoring charts behind Paris St Germain's Kylian Mbappe (14) and Lille's Nicolas Pepe (13).

UPDATED

Sources in France say talks are set to take place in the next 24 hours for the £20million-rated Argentine who has scored 13 goals this season.

Monday 14th January 2019

5035A570-1FDA-4E02-9406-BA5FA3FEDE49.jpeg
5035A570-1FDA-4E02-9406-BA5FA3FEDE49.jpeg (53.65 KiB) Viewed 15497 times

By Simon Jones for the Daily Mail

Cardiff City are stepping up their pursuit of Nantes' prolific striker Emiliano Sala.

Sources in France say talks are set to take place in the next 24 hours for the £20million-rated Argentine who has scored 13 goals this season.

Cardiff chairman Mehmet Dalman said: 'We are talking about a striker in the £18m region, as has been rumoured, so money isn't the issue; the issue is finding the right player and the right price. Watch this space over the next 10 days.'

Despite being born in Argentina, Sala has spent his entire career in France, starting out at Bordeaux prior to joining Nantes via loan spells at Orleans, Niort and Caen.

Cardiff are currently in 17th place in the Premier League and are above the relegation zone by just one point.

Neil Warnock's team have only scored 19 times in the top flight this season, with Callum Paterson their top scorer on four goals.

The Bluebirds drew 0-0 with Huddersfield on Saturday and haven't scored in their last three games in all competitions.

Cardiff's next game sees them travel to face Newcastle, who are also involved in the battle to avoid relegation.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: “ EMILIANO SALA “

Postby Dahboy » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:05 am

:ayatollah: :occasion5:
Dahboy

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:09 am

Again I posted that earlier. I don't know why I mention it because I don't mind or anything
SirJimmySchoular

Postby Sven » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:18 am

SirJimmySchoular wrote:Again I posted that earlier. I don't know why I mention it because I don't mind or anything

Again, you did and probably in the right place (transfer thread) but player news like that would certainly be put on the Main Forum also and (usually as in this case) made a 'Sticky' :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby howbluewasmyvalley » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:26 am

Old news. Been going on for weeks.
Several discussions on the Sala saga on the board.
Neil’s been over there twice. Now playing it down. Clubs ageeed fee weeks ago but player looking at his options.
Can’t blame him for that. Just need to be patient.

Block 111,”in Neil we trust”. :ayatollah:
howbluewasmyvalley

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:40 am

Sven wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:Again I posted that earlier. I don't know why I mention it because I don't mind or anything

Again, you did and probably in the right place (transfer thread) but player news like that would certainly be put on the Main Forum also and (usually as in this case) made a 'Sticky' :ayatollah:

Yeah, I'm sorry it sounds as if I'm moaning. I'm not at all, I'm just up late and probably bored !
SirJimmySchoular

Re: “ EMILIANO SALA NEXT 24HRS “

Postby Sneggyblubird » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:00 am

Might be old news but it needs to happen this week methinks.
Sneggyblubird

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:06 am

Sala pursuit to step up

Emiliano Sala and Cardiff City have turned into something of a transfer saga.

But it is believed the Bluebirds are stepping up their attempts to land the Nantes striker - on a deal between £15million and £20million.

This is what Mehmet Dalman said:

“We are talking about a striker in the £18m region, as has been rumoured, so money isn’t the issue; the issue is finding the right player and the right price. Watch this space over the next 10 days.”
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby BAMBA CREW » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:40 am

Someone I spoke to Saturday said he had a medical last week in Llandough. Don't shoot the messenger but apparently it's the price we're arguing over
BAMBA CREW

Postby bluebird58 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:43 am

Whatever happens, we can’t complain about the time and effort that the club have put into this.
First game Cardiff v Coventry City 1967
bluebird58

Postby robbo » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:59 am

And if we do go down we will be stuck with a mega wage to pay in the championship unless we can offload him.
Cannot see him signing if there is a relegation clause in his contract...
robbo

Postby Mr Potato » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:01 am

bluebird58 wrote:Whatever happens, we can’t complain about the time and effort that the club have put into this.

I wonder if the ongoing saga is how the £18m is paid etc these things can take a while to sort. I just hope that we don’t miss out we are desperate for a striker.
Mr Potato

Postby Dahboy » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:27 am

It would also give the club and the fans a lift.
Dahboy

Postby Sneggyblubird » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:41 am

BAMBA CREW wrote:Someone I spoke to Saturday said he had a medical last week in Llandough. Don't shoot the messenger but apparently it's the price we're arguing over

Aye,same fella told me he enrolled his daughter in Howells. :lol:
Sneggyblubird

Postby RhiwEbbwBluebird » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:41 am

robbo wrote:And if we do go down we will be stuck with a mega wage to pay in the championship unless we can offload him.

Why so negative like a lot of fans? The club are trying to sign a quality striker we deseperately need yet fans moaning about his wages if we go down in the championship come on ffs like lol mad mun.

1. He hopefully he will help keep us up
2. If kept we could have a quality striker to fire us back up from the championship.

And on another note would be great if we got him in so he could play against newcastle.
RhiwEbbwBluebird

Postby bluemun » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:00 am

It's always going to be a risk. Look at Huddersfield, with the likes of Mounier and Depoitre, both having underperformed in terms of goals.
Sadly, we are desperate as we failed over the summer.
Healey needs to go on loan again...he will be useful if we go down but isn't up to the Premier league.
Ward and Zohore are constantly injured and one needs to go on loan as well.
In short, we need two strikers.
bluemun

Postby RageJon » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:12 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:
BAMBA CREW wrote:Someone I spoke to Saturday said he had a medical last week in Llandough. Don't shoot the messenger but apparently it's the price we're arguing over

Aye,same fella told me he enrolled his daughter in Howells. :lol:

Whoever fed you that are talking dribble because she turned up at rumney high this morning with a bluebirds backpack on
Always Know If The Juice Is Worth The Squeeze !

Utrinque Paratus
RageJon

Postby moonboots » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:41 am

Saw him again last night v Rennes. Well overpriced at £20m imo. Gangly and awkward. Hope we don't get him. We could be lumbered with high wages and at his age we are unlikely to get our money back.
moonboots

Postby eddiep » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:41 am

That's why most teams do their business in the Summer

or
Like Wolves
Do it the year before!
you reap what you sow
eddiep

Postby Dahboy » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:24 am

RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:
robbo wrote:And if we do go down we will be stuck with a mega wage to pay in the championship unless we can offload him.

Why so negative like a lot of fans? The club are trying to sign a quality striker we deseperately need yet fans moaning about his wages if we go down in the championship come on ffs like lol mad mun.

1. He hopefully he will help keep us up
2. If kept we could have a quality striker to fire us back up from the championship.

And on another note would be great if we got him in so he could play against newcastle.

Not me :lol:
Dahboy

Postby Dahboy » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:43 am

moonboots wrote:Saw him again last night v Rennes. Well overpriced at £20m imo. Gangly and awkward. Hope we don't get him. We could be lumbered with high wages and at his age we are unlikely to get our money back.

Well I watched him against PSG and his work rate was outstanding and really looked the business. But the premier league another kettle of fish. I just hope he hits the ground running. It's a lot of money to gamble with.
Dahboy

Postby Bridgend_bluebird » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:45 am

Dahboy wrote:
moonboots wrote:Saw him again last night v Rennes. Well overpriced at £20m imo. Gangly and awkward. Hope we don't get him. We could be lumbered with high wages and at his age we are unlikely to get our money back.

Well I watched him against PSG and his work rate was outstanding and really looked the business. But the premier league another kettle of fish. I just hope he hits the ground running. It's a lot of money to gamble with.

IF we sign him I can't see him hitting it off straight away. A couple of games perhaps to get used to the league. Please fellow bluebirds try and be patient.
Win or lose I'll Be there with my ticket and a pint!
Bridgend_bluebird

Postby Dahboy » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:50 am

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
Dahboy wrote:

IF we sign him I can't see him hitting it off straight away. A couple of games perhaps to get used to the league. Please fellow bluebirds try and be patient.

IF we sign him I hope you're right.
Dahboy

Postby nubbsy » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:01 pm

I may be one of few but I've got a bad feeling in my gut about this player. I hope to god I'm wrong.
nubbsy

Postby Bridgend_bluebird » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:03 pm

nubbsy wrote:I may be one of few but I've got a bad feeling in my gut about this player. I hope to god I'm wrong.

I do aswell. Sounds like he doesn't want to come here. Which if true would go against Warnock wanting to sign players who want to play for us.
Win or lose I'll Be there with my ticket and a pint!
Bridgend_bluebird

Postby 2blue2handle » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:04 pm

nubbsy wrote:I may be one of few but I've got a bad feeling in my gut about this player. I hope to god I'm wrong.

Agreed but I base that on nothing :lol:
2blue2handle

Postby montyblue » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:22 pm

I think once he hear's his name been sang from the terraces he will feel ar home i doubt nantes chant his name like we would, bring him on and. Omur niasse we should be guaranteed with 2 strikers to stay up sign 1 and he will be injured 1st game but then we do have zohore on his way back for the last 5 games possibly .
montyblue

Postby wez1927 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:25 pm

Dahboy wrote:

Psg are are one of the best teams in europe
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby pontlliwblue » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:46 pm

Not too worried about the possibility of having to pay big wages in the championship, if the jacks can manage to pay Bony's reported £80k a week on a parachute payment why can't we pay £50k or whatever. My main concern is that if he doesn't really want to come should we move quickly onto someone who does want to.
pontlliwblue

Postby moonboots » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:53 pm

Dahboy wrote:

It's all about opinions but work rate alone isn't enough for £20m. He doesn't have much skill at all. I wouldn't risk that much money on him.
moonboots

Next

Return to General Chat