JUST SO HEART BREAKING “ EMILIANO SALA “

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: CONFIRMED:SADLY POLICE & FRENCH AVIATION CONFIRM SALA

Postby Bluebird For Life » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:54 pm

My heart goes out to the Sala family in particular but also to that of the pilot. Thank you for the kind words from all rival sets of fans - this has been a very, very difficult day for Cardiff City and I fear the wounds will take a very long time to heal. I am so unbelievably sad.
Bluebird For Life

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby Carpe Diem » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:12 pm

Total respect for the fans posts from other clubs - Leicester, Burnley, Wolves, Brighton etc. Footballs family once again proves humanity reigns over rivalry :bluebird:
Carpe Diem

Postby Kingyccfc » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:23 pm

Every time I see his smiling face With our jersey i feel so sad. He looks so happy in these photos,life can be so cruel sometimes. A young man at the peak of his career and then this. Also the pilot just doing his job.
:bluescarf:
Kingyccfc

Re: Missing plane sala

Postby BAMBA CREW » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:33 pm

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:
BAMBA CREW wrote:
BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:The person wouldn’t lie trust me reporters from France are now reporting he was on board

This is someone's life we are talking about, not a transfer so keep your fake sources to yourself unless you are willing to back them up. :banghead:

Cardiff would of made a statement if it wasn’t true already I’m not one for posting nonsense ken choo has been on the phone already to people

My apologies mate. Emotions were running high and I was hoping beyond hope it wasn't true. Sorry
BAMBA CREW

Postby phoenix3386 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:33 pm

Derby County fan here.Just want to say i know our clubs had a small spat over snowgate last season but i want to put on record,and im confident i can speak for 100% of our fans that we're all praying for your new signing tonight.We're all part of the football family,miracles happen,we are praying for you all xxx
phoenix3386

Postby P lenny » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:36 pm

Spurs fan here, praying for a safe return .
Football means nothing at times like these
P lenny

Postby Jackflash » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:47 pm

Swansea fan here. My sincere condolences to the families concerned,friends and fans regarding this tragic event.A great loss.
Jackflash

Postby frazier » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:56 pm

Big thanks to all the people from other clubs who have signed up here to pay their respects.
frazier

Postby Fairblue27 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:56 pm

Really dreadful news for all concerned. Thoughts with all friends & families of all those on board. Massive thanks to all posts from supporters of other teams posting condolences. Real respect & class.
Fairblue27

Postby Fozy » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:09 pm

Signed up to wish you and your club all the best in this sad and tragic time. My heart goes out to all concerned and as a Leicester fan i know exactly how that feels.

It is times like these that club colours do not matter and we all stand together. Prayers and thoughts are with you all.
Fozy

Postby Half-Jack » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:25 pm

Was told about this by a colleague in work this morning.

Felt like I'd been punched in the stomach.

Mind-numbing, ghastly, sickening news.

Condolences to the family and friends of both player and pilot.

From a Jack.
Half-Jack

Postby paulh_85 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:31 pm

snoopystorm wrote:Unless they made it safe to a secluded island then I feel tomorrow’s search at 1st light isn’t a rescue search it’s the start of the recovery mission

Such a sad day, unfortunately it seems that this transfer was doomed from the start :cry:

Really do hope we’re all proved wrong on this

Are there any such islands in that area?
paulh_85

Postby Lamboy88 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:38 pm

Left the house early this morning and checked the board and thought (hoped) the news was purely a coincident. Eagerly awaiting any update and a friend who works for the bbc confirmed Emiliano was on board. News then broke on talk sport and I haven't been myself all day. I feel like I'm holding back tears at such an unfortunate incident. Hearing Warnock and choos comments - declaring it was the 'best day of his life" signing for our club. Truly shocking and seeing photos of Emiliano and his mum has really hit home this evening. Here's to the smallest glimmer of hope!!
Lamboy88

Postby BlueKush » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:42 pm

Until they confirm the worst I still hold a glimmer of hope.

Such a strange feeling where I am so gutted, it feels like I have lost someone personally.
BlueKush

Postby Ibby » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:52 pm

Until they confirm the worst I still hold a glimmer of hope. Today has been so awful and everyone are so deep down down and have never have meet him. If they is any hope how come they have not found him ?
Ibby

Postby Ibby » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:06 pm

Difficult decision to be made in the morning'
Guernsey harbourmaster Captain David Barker says teams face a “difficult decision” on Wednesday morning over resuming the search for the missing plane that Emiliano Sala was travelling on.

Captain Barker told the BBC:

“It gets to the point where it’s impossible, even with unlimited resources to search that area.

“The weather forecast for tomorrow is not as good as today, so we will be making a very difficult decision in the morning whether we can carry on with the search or not.”
Ibby

Postby rhblue » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:17 pm

Lamboy88 wrote:Left the house early this morning and checked the board and thought (hoped) the news was purely a coincident. Eagerly awaiting any update and a friend who works for the bbc confirmed Emiliano was on board. News then broke on talk sport and I haven't been myself all day. I feel like I'm holding back tears at such an unfortunate incident. Hearing Warnock and choos comments - declaring it was the 'best day of his life" signing for our club. Truly shocking and seeing photos of Emiliano and his mum has really hit home this evening. Here's to the smallest glimmer of hope!!

I’ve let the tears out already, so upset for him it was a life changing move for him, so young and in his prime time.
:bluebird:
rhblue

Postby Jack Hackett » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:38 pm

Brighton & Hove Albion fan in peace here. No words can describe this. All I can say is that every decent member of the football family is thinking of Emiliano, his family and all at Cardiff City and Nantes at this dreadful time, not forgetting the Pilot and family. Makes the Latin saying 'Carpe Diem' ring even more true. xx
Jack Hackett

Postby buckleys brewery » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:40 pm

Thanks for all the kind words, from fans of other clubs in this thread. Means a lot. Still devastated. :sad7:
buckleys brewery

Postby KJblue » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:45 pm

Up early for work and quite couldn't believe what I was reading and tbh I still cant comprehend what has happened, my thoughts are with his family at present .
KJblue

Postby northside of risca » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:46 pm

Unbelievable, what the are chances .

Awful for the lad his family and friends . Likewise the pilot. RIP.
northside of risca

Postby DANCESWITHWOLVES » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:50 pm

Terrible tragic news, thoughts and sincere condolences to all involved.
DANCESWITHWOLVES

Postby Steven Cgull » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:54 pm

Brighton & Hove Albion fan in peace here.

Such sad news for all concerned, what a loss of life for someone so young and looking forward to his dream move to Premier League Cardiff City. I expect you, the fans, would have been ready and waiting to hold a massive welcome party for him, sadly that doesn't look like happening now and for that too I'm truly sorry, special thoughts of course go to his family.

Sending commiserations from the South Coast
Steven Cgull

Postby Walinoz » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:11 pm

Still in a bit of a daze as to what’s happened , so surreal
Absolutely gut wrenching

Saw these words written by someone on Facebook underneath a picture of Sala and it tipped me over ( tried to upload the attachment but couldn’t for some reason

“Dear English Channel
If you have them , keep them safe , warm them take away all the fear
Take good care of Emiliano and the pilot , until we come to take them home “

Truly heartbreaking
Thoughts with his and the pilots family and friends
Walinoz

Postby BluebirdWhitchurch » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:14 pm

Question now becomes why was the plane allowed to take off if it was in such condition?
Attachments
4B3C0480-F739-4967-9C05-5DDED49054C8.png
4B3C0480-F739-4967-9C05-5DDED49054C8.png (554.8 KiB) Viewed 34162 times
BluebirdWhitchurch

Postby Dbenson1991 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:27 pm

What a difference a few days make ☹️
Attachments
0CA68779-520E-40BA-9204-3AF2A37AF3EA.jpeg
0CA68779-520E-40BA-9204-3AF2A37AF3EA.jpeg (90.62 KiB) Viewed 33982 times
Dbenson1991

Postby DAVELCFC100 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:27 pm

Leicester city fan in peace.

After reading through this topic, it reminds me so much of our owners helicopter crash. Such a heartwrenching story, so so sad for his family and all of Cardiff City supporters. Devastating that two incidents so similar have appeared to have happened in such a short space of time. The world really can be a sad cruel place.

We were all so touched for the welcome and triubute we recieved from Cardiff supporters last year. Thank you, we will pray for you. Hanging on to the glimmer of hope that somehow, somehow, the passengers are found safe and well.
DAVELCFC100

Postby worcester_ccfc » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:29 pm

Still praying for a miracle, but it seems very unlikely right now.

It’s very upsetting, not afraid to admit that I’ve shed tears today over this.

All my thoughts to the families of both Sala and the pilot as well as all at FC Nantes and our own football club.

He’ll always be a Bluebird, wherever he is right now.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby BarmyArmy1927 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:36 pm

that hurt, a lot. especially the audio clip, cant come to terms with what has happened, absolutely devastated for his family and friends and same with the pilot, but that was very hard to listen to :/ :bluebird:
BarmyArmy1927

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat