Wales in Osijek

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Wales in Osijek

Postby epping blue » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:02 pm

Terrible news for the Welsh game in Croatia. Its going be played in the 17k capacity Osijek stadium. So for that game the Hungary game and the Slovakian game you'll be needing 7 / 8 out of the dozen qualifying aways. Turning into the worst qualification group ever.
epping blue

Wales in Osijek

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Wales in Osijek

Postby dogfound » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:25 pm

epping blue wrote:Terrible news for the Welsh game in Croatia. Its going be played in the 17k capacity Osijek stadium. So for that game the Hungary game and the Slovakian game you'll be needing 7 / 8 out of the dozen qualifying aways. Turning into the worst qualification group ever.

i didnt realise that the Puskas Arena had not been finished :(
dogfound

Postby RV Casual » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:24 pm

What's the situation with the Hungary game gents? I was looking to do this one. I doubt I will get a ticket in the away end which is fair enough as I did not do many of the aways in the last campaign, il still travel though sod it, hopefully get lucky.
RV Casual

Postby epping blue » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:42 pm

RV Casual wrote:What's the situation with the Hungary game gents? I was looking to do this one. I doubt I will get a ticket in the away end which is fair enough as I did not do many of the aways in the last campaign, il still travel though sod it, hopefully get lucky.

They play in temporary home with a capacity of 22.5k. At the end of the year they move into a 67k new stadium which is being built for next years euros. Unless you've been to at least 7 out of the last 12 games then you can probably forget getting tickets for Croatia, Hungary or Slovakia. The Croatian FA have decided to play Azerbaijan in their biggest stadium and us in the smallest. Azerbaijan will have no following, we'd fill pretty much whatever allocation they give us.

Realistically Azerbaijan will be the only game you'll be able to get tickets for.
epping blue

Postby epping blue » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:42 pm

RV Casual wrote:What's the situation with the Hungary game gents? I was looking to do this one. I doubt I will get a ticket in the away end which is fair enough as I did not do many of the aways in the last campaign, il still travel though sod it, hopefully get lucky.

They play in temporary home with a capacity of 22.5k. At the end of the year they move into a 67k new stadium which is being built for next years euros. Unless you've been to at least 7 out of the last 12 games then you can probably forget getting tickets for Croatia, Hungary or Slovakia. The Croatian FA have decided to play Azerbaijan in their biggest stadium and us in the smallest. Azerbaijan will have no following, we'd fill pretty much whatever allocation they give us.

Realistically Azerbaijan will be the only game you'll be able to get tickets for.
epping blue

Postby RV Casual » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:50 pm

Thanks Epping, that's what I thought re:Hungary and New stadium.

I will still go to Hungary as always wanted to go to Budapest. Might have a look at Azerbaijan aswell and do an organised trip as like you say getting tickets for the others probably going to be impossible for me, im on 5.
RV Casual

Postby dogfound » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:33 pm

RV Casual wrote:Thanks Epping, that's what I thought re:Hungary and New stadium.

I will still go to Hungary as always wanted to go to Budapest. Might have a look at Azerbaijan aswell and do an organised trip as like you say getting tickets for the others probably going to be impossible for me, im on 5.

hope to do Croatia and Hungary over a week stay.
dogfound

Postby Leytonstoneblue » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:16 am

epping blue wrote:Terrible news for the Welsh game in Croatia. Its going be played in the 17k capacity Osijek stadium. So for that game the Hungary game and the Slovakian game you'll be needing 7 / 8 out of the dozen qualifying aways. Turning into the worst qualification group ever.

Already have flights and accomodation booked for Zagreb via Zadar and then onto Hungary, so not happy about the stadium selection as its another 4 hr drive from Zagreb! I will now probaly give the Croatia game a miss and watch it in a bar in Zagreb, should still be a good time over there :occasion5:
5 Live commentary, English Wigan V Welsh Wigan April 2013,
" it's gone a bit quiet with the Wigan fans and there aren't enough Swansea fans to make a noise"
Leytonstoneblue

Postby RV Casual » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:37 am

dogfound wrote:
RV Casual wrote:Thanks Epping, that's what I thought re:Hungary and New stadium.

hope to do Croatia and Hungary over a week stay.

Be a good trip that. Enjoy.
RV Casual

Postby Costa Coffee Crew » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:55 am

Leytonstoneblue wrote:

Already have flights and accomodation booked for Zagreb via Zadar and then onto Hungary, so not happy about the stadium selection as its another 4 hr drive from Zagreb! I will now probaly give the Croatia game a miss and watch it in a bar in Zagreb, should still be a good time over there :occasion5:

That's what we are doing. 8 hour coach in one day with a long jouney to Budapest the next is too long. Find a nice little bar and enjoy the day.
Costa Coffee Crew

Postby Leytonstoneblue » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:12 pm

Costa Coffee Crew wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:

That's what we are doing. 8 hour coach in one day with a long jouney to Budapest the next is too long. Find a nice little bar and enjoy the day.

I'm sure a few will now do the same now, should be a good night if we can all hook up in Zagreb. Did the same in Brussels, where tickets were scarce and it was a great crack.
" it's gone a bit quiet with the Wigan fans and there aren't enough Swansea fans to make a noise"
Leytonstoneblue

Postby Pembroke bluebird » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:50 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:
Costa Coffee Crew wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:

I'm sure a few will now do the same now, should be a good night if we can all hook up in Zagreb. Did the same in Brussels, where tickets were scarce and it was a great crack.

Mate missus booked flights for zagreb assuming game was going to be there any arrangements made to meet Up in zagreb can you keep me informed via message board :occasion5:
Pembroke bluebird

Postby epping blue » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:55 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:
Costa Coffee Crew wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:

Have always said the match is almost unnecessary part of a Wales match. When it comes down to it though don't fancy travelling all that way to watch it in a pub. I might have an extra day in Baku and bank some time and money for the European travels in 2020 hopefully. Lets hope we're not in Wembley and Hamden if we get there.
epping blue

Postby epping blue » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:55 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:
Costa Coffee Crew wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:

Have always said the match is almost unnecessary part of a Wales match. When it comes down to it though don't fancy travelling all that way to watch it in a pub. I might have an extra day in Baku and bank some time and money for the European travels in 2020 hopefully. Lets hope we're not in Wembley and Hamden if we get there.
epping blue

Postby Leytonstoneblue » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:26 am

epping blue wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:
Costa Coffee Crew wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:

If you havent booked anything yet, then the best way now, is to fly to Budapest, travel to Osijek from there, as its pretty much the same distance as from Zagreb, then back to Budapest after the game, ready for the Hungary game. Many will now do it that way.
Leytonstoneblue

Postby Bridgend_bluebird » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:54 am

epping blue wrote:

That's a bit daft. We could take 1000s to Croatia. :shock:
Win or lose I'll Be there with my ticket and a pint!
Bridgend_bluebird

Postby epping blue » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:13 am

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
epping blue wrote:

It would be good to know what the expression of interest results were but your right we would have comfortably sold 3k for both these games and may considerably more. As it is you have to be a very comitted follower indeed to be entitled to tickets for either.
epping blue

Postby Bridgend_bluebird » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:26 am

epping blue wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
epping blue wrote:
RV Casual wrote:What's the situation with the Hungary game gents? I was looking to do this one. I doubt I will get a ticket in the away end which is fair enough as I did not do many of the aways in the last campaign, il still travel though sod it, hopefully get

It would be good to know what the expression of interest results were but your right we would have comfortably sold 3k for both these games and may considerably more. As it is you have to be a very comitted follower indeed to be entitled to tickets for either.

I booked time off for these two games. Highly unlikely i can't get tickets now. :roll: have the faw spoke to their respective FAs ?
Win or lose I'll Be there with my ticket and a pint!
Bridgend_bluebird

Postby epping blue » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:37 am

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
epping blue wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
epping blue wrote:
RV Casual wrote:What's the situation with the Hungary game gents? I was looking to do this one. I doubt I will get a ticket in the away end which is fair enough as I did not do many of the aways in the last campaign, il still travel though sod it, hopefully get

I booked time off for these two games. Highly unlikely i can't get tickets now. :roll: have the faw spoke to their respective FAs ?

I wont get tickets either but I intend to have a bit more time in Baku and put some time and money aaside for next years euros. Have the FA talked to the Croatians about our interest. I doubt it and if they did then the Croatians decided to ignore the request and opted to play in the smallest stadium. My guess is the Crooatians are unaware.
epping blue

Postby AndyMalvern » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:24 pm

To leytonstone blue. I am a UK based Croatia fan and I too have booked flights to Zadar and will travel to Zagreb. I have been to Croatia 60plus times, so if you need any advice on travel accommodation, buses , money or whatever, just ask. Likewise to anyone else travelling to Croatia.
AndyMalvern

Postby Leytonstoneblue » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:45 pm

AndyMalvern wrote:To leytonstone blue. I am a UK based Croatia fan and I too have booked flights to Zadar and will travel to Zagreb. I have been to Croatia 60plus times, so if you need any advice on travel accommodation, buses , money or whatever, just ask. Likewise to anyone else travelling to Croatia.

Thanks Andy, I have all flights and accomodation booked, but will let you know if I need any other help :thumbup:
Leytonstoneblue

Postby popeye21 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:42 am

Budapest is a lovely city with some fabulous old coffee houses etc., but watch out for the scams. Even the well travelled street-wise can get caught out. The drinks list can have 40 pages with everything on the page facing you as you open the menu, but will have just one hidden page with prices listed on the back. Those drinks can be hundreds of US dollars. I even came across a list like that in the Marriott, as the organised crime has infiltrated throughout. Check out some of the examples in the link below :-

https://www.worldnomads.com/travel-safe ... -bar-scams
popeye21

Postby Cardiffcitymad » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:26 am

The venues are still to be confirmed, I have been checking on a daily basis.. Getting close now, how are fans supposed to make travel arrangements :?: :?
Cardiffcitymad

Postby Cardiffcitymad » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:20 pm

Cardiffcitymad wrote:The venues are still to be confirmed, I have been checking on a daily basis.. Getting close now, how are fans supposed to make travel arrangements :?: :?

They must have heard me moaning :lol: Osijek has now been confirmed :thumbup:
Cardiffcitymad

Return to General Chat