Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Breaking news: “ Emiliano Sala “

Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:48 pm

Authorities have confirmed that the body recovered was that of was Emiliano Sala :cry:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sala confirmed

Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:50 pm

Emiliano Sala confirmed dead after Cardiff striker's body is pulled from plane crash wreckage

Daily Mirror

Friday 8th February 2019

Body recovered from plane wreckage confirmed as Emiliano Sala

Investigators have confirmed that the body of Emiliano Sala has been recovered from the wreckage of his plane that went missing last month.

A body was pulled from the aircraft, which was found on the bottom of the ocean north of Guernsey, earlier this week.

The plane, which was carrying Sala and pilot David Ibbotson, disappeared off the radar around 8:30pm on January 21, as the Cardiff City striker was travelling from Nantes to the Welsh capital.

The investigation to find the plane was initially called off after three days, but Sala's family raised the funds to keep the search alive, with thanks to donations from the international football community.

Sala’s sister paid an emotional tribute to her tragic brother in the early hours of Friday morning.

Heartbroken Romina uploaded a photo of the star to Instagram after the news was confirmed.

“Your soul in my soul it will shine forever thus illuminating the time of my existence. I love you, tito,” she wrote.

Cardiff said in a statement: "We offer our most heartfelt sympathies and condolences to the family of Emiliano.

"He and David will forever remain in our thoughts."

Other tributes were paid by Arsenal player Mesut Ozil, Manchester City's Benjamin Mendy and Paris Saint-Germain footballer Kylian Mbappe.

A private search team announced that they had found the wreckage of the plane at the bottom of the English channel on February 4.

One body was inside the aircraft, which has now been successfully recovered and confirmed as being that of Sala.

Dorset Police confirmed: "The body brought to Portland Port today has been formally identified by HM Coroner for Dorset as that of professional footballer Emiliano Sala.

"The families of Mr Sala and pilot David Ibbotson have been updated. Our thoughts remain with them all."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Breaking news Emiliano Sala

Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:52 pm

Rest in peace sala :-(

Body is Emiliano

Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:52 pm

Dorset police just confirmed Id according to Sky

Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:53 pm

RIP SALA

Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:54 pm

RIP Emiliano :bluebird:

R.I.P Sala xxxxxxx

:cry:

At least now his family can have closure. What a terrible ordeal for them, so tragic. I can only hope now they will be able to recover Dave Ibbotson's body too for the sake of his family. Damn shame. Rest in peace Emiliano.

Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:55 pm

RIP Emiliano.... Absolutely devasted for your young life to be taken in terrible circumstances.... City fans will keep your memory alive for many many years as I am sure our fellow supporters from Nantes will too!

Breaking RIP Emiliano

Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:56 pm

E4B3938D-26D6-4DE9-B254-6DB967C51CD0.png

Body recovered from plane wreckage is missing Cardiff City striker Emiliano Sala | UK News | Sky News

SKY NEWS

Thursday 7 February 2019 22:53, UK

Emiliano Sala

A body recovered from a plane in the English Channel is that of missing Cardiff City striker Emiliano Sala, police say.

Advertisement
Officers said the families of Sala and the pilot David Ibbotson have been informed of the development and will "continue to be supported by specially-trained family liaison officers".

In a statement, Dorset Police added: "Our thoughts remain with them at this difficult time."

The force said they would continue to support the coroner's investigation into the circumstances of Sala's death.

The body recovered from the wreckage of a plane which crashed in the English Channel has been formally identified as professional footballer Emiliano Sala.

Dorset Police confirmed that the body investigators removed from the Piper Malibu N264DB on Wednesday is that of the 28-year-old.

The body of pilot David Ibbotson has not been found.

On Wednesday, investigators ended their attempts to recover the aircraft wreckage because of poor weather.

Earlier on Thursday, Sala's body was brought to Portland, Dorset, by the Geo Ocean III boat, and taken on a stretcher to an ambulance, before being transferred to the coroner.

Remotely operated Vehicles (ROVs) were used in "challenging conditions" to pull the body out of the water "in as dignified a way as possible" the Air Accidents Investigation Branch (AAIB) said on Wednesday night.

The aircraft remains 67 metres underwater 21 miles off the coast of Guernsey in the English Channel as poor weather conditions stopped efforts to recover it.

RIP Emiliano

Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:58 pm

RIP Emiliano, so sad that your life has ended too early. I can’t imaging how David’s family are feeling now, not knowing where he is.

Re: Breaking news: “ Emiliano Sala “

Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:58 pm

RIP,your soul will always be at the stadium with us,we'll never let you go.

Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:59 pm

I'm glad they have found Emiliano.

Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:00 pm

Dorset Police confirmed: "The body brought to Portland Port today has been formally identified by HM Coroner for Dorset as that of professional footballer Emiliano Sala.

"The families of Mr Sala and pilot David Ibbotson have been updated. Our thoughts remain with them all."

Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:00 pm

RIP SALA

Praying they can find the pilot David’s body also so that his family can also get some closure

Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:01 pm

R.I.P Emiliano. I am devastated that this has happened to you and am thinking of your sister Romina , Mercedes your mother and your brother and of course your dad ! They, and indeed us fans , now have closure after this tragic accident.We will never forget you at Cardiff City F.C. God Bless You.

Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:01 pm

very tragic but to his family, friends, football colleagues and all who have done immense work to deal with this issue here and abroad, closure and quickly they can arrange funeral and celebrate his life. RIP Emiliano.

Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:03 pm

Very very tragic.

At least the family now have closure.

RIP Emiliano, we’ll always sing your name.

Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:04 pm

RIP Sala and prayer's to the family.

A Warrior who came to join our team of Warrior's. :bluebird:

Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:06 pm

Just so heart breaking :cry:

RIP Emiliano Sala :bluebird:

Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:08 pm

Tragic!!!

Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:09 pm

RIP Emiliano. You will always be with us and never forgotten

Manchester United’s main fan page just posted this on Facebook

043C5C6E-8415-4564-AC95-F35CF1BBFF7F.png

Dorset Police reports that the body found is Emiliano Sala.

Dorset Police report tonight that the body recovered from the wreckage of the plane is Emiliano Sala

Body identified as footballer :- Emiliano Sala: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-47166633

Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:12 pm

RIP Sala

Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:14 pm

You will always be at the city with me.
God bless your family and im sure they will give you the send off you so thoroughly deserve.
Rest in Peace Emiliano.
:bluebird: