Will Morrison Struggle to get back in?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby RageJon » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:32 pm

Will Morrison Struggle to get back in the starting due to our defence has improved?
Always Know If The Juice Is Worth The Squeeze !

Utrinque Paratus
RageJon

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Will Morrison Struggle

Postby Bluebird-in-Jackland » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:34 pm

No I think he’ll be straight back in with Pelts dropped. As we are now playing with 3 CB’s. But Pelts has more than done enough since stepping in, I was not to confident but he’s more than impressed. As has everyone in the last 3 games.
Bluebird-in-Jackland

Postby RageJon » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:36 pm

Bluebird-in-Jackland wrote:No I think he’ll be straight back in with Pelts dropped. As we are now playing with 3 CB’s. But Pelts has more than done enough since stepping in, I was not to confident but he’s more than impressed. As has everyone in the last 3 games.

Would you change somthing that is working over the last few weeks since Morrison has been out

Utrinque Paratus
RageJon

Postby 2blue2handle » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:37 pm

He will go straight back in.
2blue2handle

Postby Bluebird-in-Jackland » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:46 pm

RageJon wrote:
Bluebird-in-Jackland wrote:No I think he’ll be straight back in with Pelts dropped. As we are now playing with 3 CB’s. But Pelts has more than done enough since stepping in, I was not to confident but he’s more than impressed. As has everyone in the last 3 games.

Would you change somthing that is working over the last few weeks since Morrison has been out

Yes as I believe Morrison is the better CB, and add to that he’s our captain. Our new tactical shape is as solid as I’ve ever seen it supporting City.
Bluebird-in-Jackland

Postby llan bluebird » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:06 pm

Peltier gives us a sound back up to Bruno. He is as useless as Bruno going forward, but away when the full backs barely get beyond the half way line there is little difference.

I can't see the skipper jumping straight in unless Bruno or Sol are injured or suspended.

When is he due to resume training?
llan bluebird

Postby It's been emotional » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:10 pm

Yes with a bit of luck.......
Milk turns quicker....
It's been emotional

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:27 pm

He should do. I don't see why he should automatically come back in to the starting 11 when we've been playing so well and winning, and lets be honest he's been poor this season and has looked massively exposed at this level with his lack of pace, falling over his own feet and giving the ball away cheaply. Was superb last season, but needs to earn his place back in the team imo with Peltier, Manga and Bamba playing so well. But I imagine Warnock will probably bring him back in to the starting 11 and drop Peltier.
Bluebird Warrior

Postby RageJon » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:47 pm

Bluebird Warrior wrote:He should do. I don't see why he should automatically come back in to the starting 11 when we've been playing so well and winning, and lets be honest he's been poor this season and has looked massively exposed at this level with his lack of pace, falling over his own feet and giving the ball away cheaply. Was superb last season, but needs to earn his place back in the team imo with Peltier, Manga and Bamba playing so well. But I imagine Warnock will probably bring him back in to the starting 11 and drop Peltier.

Exactly what I'm thinking

The squad has done well the last few weeks so fix somthing that isn't broken

Utrinque Paratus
RageJon

Postby mugsy » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:58 am

Yes he will - if we continue to play as well as we have for the last 3 games then he will have to be on the bench.
mugsy

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:35 am

RageJon wrote:
Bluebird Warrior wrote:He should do. I don't see why he should automatically come back in to the starting 11 when we've been playing so well and winning, and lets be honest he's been poor this season and has looked massively exposed at this level with his lack of pace, falling over his own feet and giving the ball away cheaply. Was superb last season, but needs to earn his place back in the team imo with Peltier, Manga and Bamba playing so well. But I imagine Warnock will probably bring him back in to the starting 11 and drop Peltier.

Like yesterday when he dropped Murphy?
He tweaks his teams per opposition.
Warnock loves Morrison and rightly so. He’s his captain and will be back in when fit.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby RageJon » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:47 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
RageJon wrote:

Warnock loves Morrison and rightly so. He’s his captain and will be back in when fit.

Would you say Morrison has done his job though this season ?
Agree with Murphy I've said before he just doesn't quite have what Warnock set up is for.

Utrinque Paratus
RageJon

Postby RYANBLUE » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:56 am

He has been consistently poor. It’s no coincidence we have improved with him out
RYANBLUE

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:12 pm

RageJon wrote:
RageJon wrote:

Would you say Morrison has done his job though this season ?
Agree with Murphy I've said before he just doesn't quite have what Warnock set up is for.

Warnock obviously thinks he has and he’s the one that counts.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby Mr Shed » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:36 pm

No, i think he will be straight back in with Pelts providing quality cover on the bench. The results of the last two games have been great but we rode our luck during lots of periods of the last few games. Morrison has a cool head, a great leader and a solid defender. We're gonna need him in the next run of games.
:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:
:bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah:
:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

*Insert Name here* BARMY ARMY!!!!!
Mr Shed

Postby Scandinavianbluebird » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:45 pm

Morrison has struggled all season. Why would it stop now?
Scandinavianbluebird

Postby bluemun » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:55 pm

I really hope we keep with our present defence, but Murphy plays at home every game. I was very impressed with him v. Bournemouth, a constant threat, our best crosser and lots of tracking back to reduce the impact of Clyne. Shows he's willing to listen and work to improve.
bluemun

Postby Dazzy » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:58 pm

RageJon wrote:

Well said. Tactical flexibility to stifle and expose the opposition is one of Warnocks many strengths. I’m sure he’ll continue to be nimble in his choices. It doesn’t always work but we can afford to play the numbers game.

Regarding Morrison, he seems to be the one player the opposition pays real attention to towards their goal. His scoring record last season clearly has stood the test of time in managers minds. I’m hoping, with his lack of goals this season, he might get more leeway in coming games. We all know Morrison is good for a goal when he’s not marked by three defenders
Who needs Cantona, when we’ve got Stantona?
Dazzy

Postby montyblue » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:21 pm

Only trouble with morrison is his turn of pace is lacking and he struggles with some of the quicker players in this division and has panicked and dropped a few b.ll.cks this season, but having said that so has bamba but he usually makes ammends sometime in the 90 mins.
montyblue

Postby Sven » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:26 pm

Maybe more importantly, does anyone know how he (Morrison) is progressing after his op? :? :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby 2blue2handle » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:41 pm

Sven wrote:Maybe more importantly, does anyone know how he (Morrison) is progressing after his op? :? :ayatollah:

Not really sure, his Mrs posts quite a few videos up of him on Instagram, he seems ok no noticeable problems moving but other than that no idea.
2blue2handle

Postby Bluebina » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:44 pm

2blue2handle wrote:He will go straight back in.

Agreed the first name on Warnock's team sheet and rightly so, fair play to Manga and Bamba they have done well since the first game, but Morrison is the captain and will always start when fit.
Bluebina

Postby phildavies » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:40 am

llan bluebird wrote:Peltier gives us a sound back up to Bruno. He is as useless as Bruno going forward, but away when the full backs barely get beyond the half way line there is little difference.

I can't see the skipper jumping straight in unless Bruno or Sol are injured or suspended.

When is he due to resume training?

Yes Bruno is so useless going forward that he has assisted and been involved in the build up play of many goals this season :roll:

The amount of crap that gets spoken about our players on here is ludicrous.
city till i die.............................................

Trying to combat the underrating of our own players and overestimating of other teams on this board
phildavies

Postby dogfound » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:50 am

RageJon wrote:

yes i think a lot of thought is put into who exactly we are playing against..unfortunately having one of the weaker,if not the weakest squad the tweaking is gonna not work more than it does work. which then brings out the sillies ,likes of angles , dahboy and footiemax.
dogfound

Re: Will Morrison Struggle to get back in?

Postby cardiffbornbred » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:38 am

Warnock originally said 4 weeks and the operation was 4 weeks ago plus change. By the time the Watford game comes it will be almost 6 weeks so he should be fit.
cardiffbornbred

Re: Will Morrison Struggle to get back in?

Postby Bananas » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:10 am

RageJon wrote:Will Morrison Struggle to get back in the starting due to our defence has improved?

Yes. Next!!
Bananas

Return to General Chat