UPDATE: LEEDS UNITED'S JACK CLARKE COLLAPSES PITCHSIDE

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Sven » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:43 am

IAN HARTE confirmed Leeds starlet Jack Clarke has left hospital after he collapsed in the dugout at Middlesbrough.

The former Leeds left-back took to Twitter and confirmed the youngster was "happy and smiling" after a scary moment on Saturday.

Clarke, 18, was taken ill on the bench, prompting the game to be stopped for around 10 minutes before he was rushed to hospital.

But former Leeds defender Harte provided an update on Twitter, saying: "Jack has left the hospital now happy and smiling. Hopefully back on the pitch very soon."

The Irishman also thanked Middlesbrough medical staff and Leeds' head of medicine and performance Rob Price.

Clarke, who had played the first half, was given an oxygen mask before being taken to the dressing room — where he felt better — and then hospital.

Play was halted on 82 minutes with Middlesbrough 1-0 up and the incident led to 12 minutes of injury time being added.

Marcelo Bielsa confirmed that Clarke felt better after being taken to the dressing room but was hospitalised as a precaution
And during that time Bielsa's side found an equaliser through Kalvin Philips.

Bielsa said: "What we know is that he didn't feel well.

"We don't know the reasons yet.

"But when he was taken to the dressing room he was better.

"He was taken to hospital to see if he is alright."

Promising wide man Clarke, who can play on the left or right, has also been eyed by Pep Guardiola's Manchester City, such is the esteem he is held in at Elland Road.

A club statement said: "Jack Clarke began to feel unwell during the second half of our Sky Bet Championship fixture with Middlesbrough and received medical attention.

"The player is responsive and attending hospital with the club’s head of medicine and performance.

"On behalf of everyone at Leeds United, we would like to thank the medical staff from both clubs for their response to the incident."

Leeds remain top of the Championship by a point with second-placed Norwich due to play rivals Ipswich on Sunday in the Old Farm Derby.

Boro boss Tony Pulis added: "I hope he is OK. Fingers crossed that he recovers because he is a very, very talented young player.

"All our thoughts from Middlesbrough Football Club go to the lad.

"I was told straight away that something had happened and I got the fourth official to speak to the referee. I thought it was important that the ref knew that this was going on.

"Fingers crossed everything will be OK with Jack."
Attachments
Jack Clarke Collapses.jpg
Jack Clarke Collapses.jpg (82.17 KiB) Viewed 1597 times
Jack Clarke collapse.jpg
Jack Clarke collapse.jpg (61.88 KiB) Viewed 1597 times
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: UPDATE: LEEDS UNITED'S JACK CLARKE COLLAPSES PITCHSIDE

Postby Sven » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:45 am

Worrying times as Leeds United's Jack Clarke collapsed after being substituted in the game against Middlesbrough

I hope he makes a full recovery; he is a talented young player and destined for the top! :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Re: UPDATE: LEEDS UNITED'S JACK CLARKE COLLAPSES PITCHSIDE

Postby Bluesman » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:57 pm

Forget the fact that we seem to hate each other life is more important than football as we have recently experienced. Get well soon Jack.
Bluesman

Return to General Chat