I think Fulham have gone now as well

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby ealing_ayatollah » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:12 pm

Realistically need to claw back 8 points now with goal difference with only 12 games left.

Two down one to go.

We can do this!!!
I'm just a wine drinking monkey that has a penchant for fine bannanas. You can check out my human alter-ego singing and speaking nonsense on the you tube if you like @ https://www.youtube.com/user/sibaronimusic
ealing_ayatollah

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: I think Fulham have gone now as well

Postby streamfeeder » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:24 pm

its the one to go thats the tricky one, southampton looked shit and they got a really hard little run coming up so it may well be them, someone will drop into the shit, maybe brighton who have now lost 4 out of the last 5, newcastle and palace look decent enough so for me its between southampton us and brighton
streamfeeder

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:31 pm

In games Fulham seem to look fine until they concede the first goal and then their heads drop and they completely give up. Don't know if anyone watched the Fulham vs Man Utd game, but the atmosphere turned very sour in the second half, with fans jeering Ryan Babel, booing Ranieri's subs and chanting "You don't know what you're doing", and this is Fulham ffs :lol: Unfortunately they just haven't looked the same since that training ground bust up during a yoga session :lol:
Bluebird Warrior

Postby Roathblue33 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:33 pm

I agree. Huddersfield and Fulham are gone.

I think it will be out of us, Burnley, Southampton and Newcastle. I think Brighton will be ok though
Roathblue33

Postby northernbluebird » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:40 pm

it's the business end of the season now.

fulham just look weak, they're going down. brighton are on a shocking run aswell, and have been dragged right into it.

i said it at the start of the season, and at various points - burnley and newcastle aren't going down - they're too solid, and have very good managers. it's between us and southampton in my view. fulham (in fairness they spent big in the summer) and southamptons lack of strengthening in january is just mind boggling.
northernbluebird

Postby ealing_ayatollah » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:26 pm

streamfeeder wrote:its the one to go thats the tricky one, southampton looked shit and they got a really hard little run coming up so it may well be them, someone will drop into the shit, maybe brighton who have now lost 4 out of the last 5, newcastle and palace look decent enough so for me its between southampton us and brighton

Southampton now have Arsenal, Utd, Spurs across the next four games with Fulhan sandwiched in there somewhere. Of we can pick up a few points from Watford, Everton and West Ham we may have a chance to pit some daylight between us.

Gonna be tight but here's hoping!
I'm just a wine drinking monkey that has a penchant for fine bannanas. You can check out my human alter-ego singing and speaking nonsense on the you tube if you like @ https://www.youtube.com/user/sibaronimusic
ealing_ayatollah

Postby welshrarebit » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:32 pm

Be nice if Fulham can do us a favour and pinch some points off Southampton
welshrarebit

Postby Steve Zodiak » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:34 pm

I agree that the bottom two are probably gone. I would be worried if I was a Southampton fan, and Brighton seem to be hurtling towards the relegation places as well. Personally, I think the final place will be taken by one of these two.
Steve Zodiak

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:47 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:I agree that the bottom two are probably gone. I would be worried if I was a Southampton fan, and Brighton seem to be hurtling towards the relegation places as well. Personally, I think the final place will be taken by one of these two.

I think Brighton are a bit like Newcastle & Palace in regards to they both have a bit too much to be dragged into the relegation zone. Hope I’m wrong.
Burnley are picking up now so it’s going to be difficult. We need to pick up at least a few points in the next few games and hope Southampton drop them in their tough run ahead.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby BarryWelsh » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:40 am

Roathblue33 wrote:I agree. Huddersfield and Fulham are gone.

I think it will be out of us, Burnley, Southampton and Newcastle. I think Brighton will be ok though

I'm not so sure about Brighton being ok. They're right in the shite. Interesting March fixtures too. Huddersfield, Palace, us and Southampton. That should sort a few things out!!
BarryWelsh

Postby dogfound » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:22 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:I agree that the bottom two are probably gone. I would be worried if I was a Southampton fan, and Brighton seem to be hurtling towards the relegation places as well. Personally, I think the final place will be taken by one of these two.

I think Brighton are a bit like Newcastle & Palace in regards to they both have a bit too much to be dragged into the relegation zone. Hope I’m wrong.
Burnley are picking up now so it’s going to be difficult. We need to pick up at least a few points in the next few games and hope Southampton drop them in their tough run ahead.

Brighton last 11, W1 , D3 , L 7..4PT..beaten by Fulham and twice by burnley in that run so it was not all against top teams.
could well end up i real trouble .

Burnley have now played the current bottom 3 and have also played Brighton twice { who are in awful form }.. and picked up 10 points in those games. tougher games to come.

going to be interesting.
dogfound

Postby Lawnmower » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:42 pm

It’s going to be a rollercoaster.

Fulham are in big trouble but not dead and buried yet.

2 wins and they are right back in it.

From our point of view we just need to keep picking up points now and try to build a cushion before our tough run in, we’ve shown we can compete.

Each win now will be massive.

Out of the others involved I wouldn’t write any of them off yet. Pressure can effect some sides, injures.. loss of form of key players.

Just hope 1 of them crashes and burns.

At least we aren’t cast adrift and are putting up a massive fight
Lawnmower

Postby Lawnmower » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:56 pm

It’s going to be a rollercoaster.

Fulham are in big trouble but not dead and buried yet.

2 wins and they are right back in it.

From our point of view we just need to keep picking up points now and try to build a cushion before our tough run in, we’ve shown we can compete.

Each win now will be massive.

Out of the others involved I wouldn’t write any of them off yet. Pressure can effect some sides, injures.. loss of form of key players.

Just hope 1 of them crashes and burns.

At least we aren’t cast adrift and are putting up a massive fight
Lawnmower

Postby Bluebina » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:04 am

dogfound wrote:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:

Brighton last 11, W1 , D3 , L 7..4PT..beaten by Fulham and twice by burnley in that run so it was not all against top teams.
could well end up i real trouble .

Burnley have now played the current bottom 3 and have also played Brighton twice { who are in awful form }.. and picked up 10 points in those games. tougher games to come.

going to be interesting.

Good stats, Burnley are shit but have just had a great set of games, the same happened at the start of the season but we passed them by Christmas when the fixtures evened up.

I think Fulham are definitely gone and it's between Southampton, Brighton and Burnley for the last slot, provided we continue with our current run of form!!!
Bluebina

Postby piledriver64 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:35 am

I am surprised at Brighton's decline as I thought they were well out of it.

For them to get dragged in properly we need to match their results over the next few weeks and then beat them at their place. Then it would be game on.

We still have to play, Brighton away, Burnley away, Fulham away and Palace at home. Those games alone could seal our fate. Factor in a couple of other games (particularly home) and we have a real chance here :ayatollah:

12 more points does this in my opinion.
piledriver64

Return to General Chat