“ NEIL WARNOCK HAS CANCELLED CARDIFF CITY SQUAD’S BREAK “

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby worcester_ccfc » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:00 am

BBC Sport

Sunday 10th February 2019

Neil Warnock has abandoned plans to take his Cardiff City squad for a four-day break to Tenerife.

Cardiff do not play again until they host Watford until 22 February.

But Warnock believes his players will benefit from time with their families following the death of the club's record signing Emiliano Sala.

"After what's happened, I'd rather cuddle my kids and see my missus because it's been a long two weeks," he said.

"I've never known anything like this in my life and I've seen most things.

"They'll all be reflecting on what's happened and your family is more important than football isn't it?"

Argentine Sala, 28, was travelling to Cardiff in a light aircraft piloted by David Ibbotson, when the plane went missing over the English Channel on 21 January.

Sala's body was formally identified after it was recovered from the wrecked plane but the pilot is still missing and his family have launched a fundraising appeal to find his body.

Cardiff City representatives attended Sala's former club Nantes' game against Nimes on Sunday and laid flowers and a tribute from the club.

Warnock dedicated Cardiff's dramatic 2-1 win at Southampton to Sala and midfielder Aron Gunnarsson said the Argentine's death had "brought everyone together".

"It has been really difficult but the boys have stuck together with everyone around the club," said Gunnarsson.

"The most important thing was for the family to mourn.

"Knowing that now, hopefully the pilot will be found and his family can mourn."

Cardiff's win at Southampton was their second consecutive victory and moved them out of the Premier League's relegation zone.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: “ NEIL WARNOCK HAS CANCELLED CARDIFF CITY SQUAD’S BREAK

Postby lockey1927 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:36 am

I started a thread saying they should go away for a much needed break, but reading this is pleasing, hope they all get to go somewhere and re set the mind set
lockey1927

Postby montyblue » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:21 am

Perhaps he's found out Southampton are also going to Tenerife for a break they could have had rematch on the beach.
montyblue

Postby Melsuttonholyboots » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:44 am

Makes sense.
Melsuttonholyboots

Postby welshrarebit » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:06 am

Gotta say how impressed I am with Joe Bennett. I follow him on Instagram and almost everything he does is about his kids. They have a great role model in him. He's had an even tougher time of late but his family is clearly his priority
welshrarebit

Postby Sven » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:23 pm

lockey1927 wrote:I started a thread saying they should go away for a much needed break, but reading this is pleasing, hope they all get to go somewhere and re set the mind set

You did and I agreed with it; but reading what has been said it makes sense for the players to have a bit of time with their families. If they decide to stay at home together or go somewhere as a unit, it can only do them good
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:45 pm

welshrarebit wrote:Gotta say how impressed I am with Joe Bennett. I follow him on Instagram and almost everything he does is about his kids. They have a great role model in him. He's had an even tougher time of late but his family is clearly his priority

Joe Bennett seems a top bloke.
One of my favourite ever city players too.
Always gives 100% - As do the rest to be fair... :ayatollah:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby jimmy_rat » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:41 pm

A few of the lads have gone to Dubai together. They even choose to holiday together... Great team spirit!
Attachments
Screenshot_20190211-173853_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20190211-173853_Instagram.jpg (1.41 MiB) Viewed 1713 times
jimmy_rat

Return to General Chat