NW retiring question?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

NW retiring question?

Postby salopiancity » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:32 am

Would be interested in people’s opinions. After what will be one of the most difficult seasons in Neil Warnock’s professional career and he is obviously considering retiring, if he keeps us up it will also be one of the most remarkable years for him. So as a personal note I for one would love him to retire to make his retirement years happy ones looking back at keeping us up and not as a demotion year. He already has legendary status at Cardiff and long may that continue into the depths of time. :ayatollah:
salopiancity

NW retiring question?

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: NW retiring

Postby welshrarebit » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:59 am

If he retires at the end of the season I think he will will go down as one of the finest men to be involved with this fantastic club. He rescued us as we were heading in only one direction. From there he got us promoted against ALL the odds. He has united the fans behind his players and back behind this club. He has clearly earned the respect of Vincent tan who has been able to show us he really is a decent guy despite making one huge error of judgement to say the least. He is fighting to keep us up but always backs his players and the club. He has handled himself with sheer dignity and class throughout all this horrendous time for all. His humanity has shone through for all to see as has his loyalty. If Neil Warnock retires at the end of this season then he will have more than earned it. A giant of a man.
welshrarebit

Postby City Slicker » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:16 pm

welshrarebit wrote:If he retires at the end of the season I think he will will go down as one of the finest men to be involved with this fantastic club. He rescued us as we were heading in only one direction. From there he got us promoted against ALL the odds. He has united the fans behind his players and back behind this club. He has clearly earned the respect of Vincent tan who has been able to show us he really is a decent guy despite making one huge error of judgement to say the least. He is fighting to keep us up but always backs his players and the club. He has handled himself with sheer dignity and class throughout all this horrendous time for all. His humanity has shone through for all to see as has his loyalty. If Neil Warnock retires at the end of this season then he will have more than earned it. A giant of a man.

Absolutely spot on!
City Slicker

Postby wez1927 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:37 pm

welshrarebit wrote:If he retires at the end of the season I think he will will go down as one of the finest men to be involved with this fantastic club. He rescued us as we were heading in only one direction. From there he got us promoted against ALL the odds. He has united the fans behind his players and back behind this club. He has clearly earned the respect of Vincent tan who has been able to show us he really is a decent guy despite making one huge error of judgement to say the least. He is fighting to keep us up but always backs his players and the club. He has handled himself with sheer dignity and class throughout all this horrendous time for all. His humanity has shone through for all to see as has his loyalty. If Neil Warnock retires at the end of this season then he will have more than earned it. A giant of a man.

Spot on
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:37 pm

Whenever he chooses to retire, I'd like to see him stay with the Club in some senior position which doesn't require a high level of commitment.
If and when that happens - and no one is in any hurry to see it - we'd have to undergo a complete transformation because no one else could orchestrate our kind of footballing style, which is entirely his creation.
It would involve spending a LOT of money and really starting again, but from a much better place than we did on that fortunate day when our greatest manager joined us.
That'd be a very big deal and I hope they wouldn't entertain trying it by just bringing in another manager and thinking he could hit the ground running with our current players and hard work over purist style .

I'd much prefer to see Sir Neil carry on with a bit of an improved budget for at least another season and establish our position , but we must understand that he's at an age when we can't expect him to carry on past a point when he feels comfortable with it. Either way, planning will have to start for next season at a very very early stage during the break.
SirJimmySchoular

Postby Melsuttonholyboots » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:14 pm

If he does go they or we will have to rip up the copy paper and it will result in a total new blue print with any new manager, this would be a shame cos I love what Mr Warnock has created here. , totally unique. Hope he carries on whatever happens, it's in his blood and football makes him tick. Can't see him surviving in life without his injection of football adrenalin. Warnocks Barmy Army.
Melsuttonholyboots

Postby maltablue » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:43 pm

I think if we stay up he might retire but if we go down which i now do not see happening he will stay with us.
But saying all that who would object to this great of British football enjoying some well earnt time driving the farm tractor and cwtching up to his loved ones in front of the fire.
If your reading this Sir Neil and Siryou should be for services to football what ever you decide at the seasons end you will always be Cardiff. :occasion5:
maltablue

Postby Sven » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:55 pm

wez1927 wrote:

Spot on

Yep! :thumbright: :clap: :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Re: NW retiring question?

Postby Scandinavianbluebird » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:06 pm

Go on Neil. Enjoy your retirement. The only two trying to bring the fans and club together was Warnock and Solskjaer. Solskjaer was ahead of his time, and Warnock managed rebuild where Slade almost managed to lose all football fans. Brilliant work by Warnock, and with Vinchentos hands tied, the only way was up. If we go down or stay up, I think it's time. And a great opportunity for the club to adapt to the modern game.
Scandinavianbluebird

Postby dogfound » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:47 pm

longer he stays the better.

its the best I have felt watching Cardiff in years.
supporting a club is more than results and what division your in and it now feels like the club i fell in love with..
we had lost that..
dogfound

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:19 pm

Scandinavianbluebird wrote:Go on Neil. Enjoy your retirement. The only two trying to bring the fans and club together was Warnock and Solskjaer. Solskjaer was ahead of his time, and Warnock managed rebuild where Slade almost managed to lose all football fans. Brilliant work by Warnock, and with Vinchentos hands tied, the only way was up. If we go down or stay up, I think it's time. And a great opportunity for the club to adapt to the modern game.

For all the flack Slade gets and i wasnt a Slade fan, he effectively had to come in and sort the mess that OGS had created with 40 players on the books, a wage bill which was through the roof, unfit players and was one of the only managers that tried to get us to go back to blue. OGS set us back 3 years which we've only just come through the other side when Warnock came in. Even though Slade's football was abysmal to watch he kept us competitive whilst cutting the wage bill that OGS had sent through the roof.
Bluebird Warrior

Postby TopCat CCFC » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:36 pm

City Slicker wrote:

Absolutely spot on!

:thumbup:
TopCat CCFC

Postby rhysn81 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:18 pm

Just a thought I had lastnight, if Neil was to retire (which I hope he doesn’t by the way) how would you all feel about Kevin Blackwell and Ronnie Jepsin taking over the running of the team?
rhysn81

Postby dogfound » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:45 pm

Bluebird Warrior wrote:
Scandinavianbluebird wrote:Go on Neil. Enjoy your retirement. The only two trying to bring the fans and club together was Warnock and Solskjaer. Solskjaer was ahead of his time, and Warnock managed rebuild where Slade almost managed to lose all football fans. Brilliant work by Warnock, and with Vinchentos hands tied, the only way was up. If we go down or stay up, I think it's time. And a great opportunity for the club to adapt to the modern game.

For all the flack Slade gets and i wasnt a Slade fan, he effectively had to come in and sort the mess that OGS had created with 40 players on the books, a wage bill which was through the roof, unfit players and was one of the only managers that tried to get us to go back to blue. OGS set us back 3 years which we've only just come through the other side when Warnock came in. Even though Slade's football was abysmal to watch he kept us competitive whilst cutting the wage bill that OGS had sent through the roof.

should write a book.
the fictional adventures of Russel Slade. forget the reality and facts.

could have a paragraph each for all the clubs he has stabilised , emptied their grounds and got sacked from .

be a bit like war and peace .
dogfound

Postby Scandinavianbluebird » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:20 am

Bluebird Warrior wrote:

The only two things you managed to get right was Slade’s fotball Was abysmal and Neil Warnock coming in and getting it right. As for the wage bill, it was actually reduced when Ole was here. But you can’t give him credit for that. Wage structure wasn’t his job. We still have 40 players on our books.. And so we should.
Scandinavianbluebird

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:24 am

dogfound wrote:
Bluebird Warrior wrote:

should write a book.

could have a paragraph each for all the clubs he has stabilised , emptied their grounds and got sacked from .

Absolutely spot on!
Slade was a joke here and his football was mind numbing to the extreme.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby maccydee » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:38 am

Imagine he keeps us up and retires?
maccydee

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:44 pm

Scandinavianbluebird wrote:
Bluebird Warrior wrote:

The only two things you managed to get right was Slade’s fotball Was abysmal and Neil Warnock coming in and getting it right. As for the wage bill, it was actually reduced when Ole was here. But you can’t give him credit for that. Wage structure wasn’t his job. We still have 40 players on our books.. And so we should.

Yeah OGS was amazing wasnt he :roll: so good we had to pay his players to leave. And we have around 26 players at the club right now with the others out on loan. OGS had 40 players at the club, im sure half of them didnt meet each other till October followed by the fact he changed his team every week, sold the spine of the team and decided playing Adam le Fondre on the wing was a tactical masterclass :lol: Slade came in at a difficult time reduced the wage bill whilst keeping us competitive, he did the job he was brought in to do and mop up the mess OGS and to an extent Malky had left us in. But i do agree the football was shocking :lol: and i was glad when he finally left. Who knows though, if we'd bypassed Slade and Trollope we could have been in the prem eariler.
Bluebird Warrior

Postby Scandinavianbluebird » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:25 pm

Bluebird Warrior wrote:
Bluebird Warrior wrote:

Yeah OGS was amazing wasnt he :roll: so good we had to pay his players to leave. And we have around 26 players at the club right now with the others out on loan. OGS had 40 players at the club, im sure half of them didnt meet each other till October followed by the fact he changed his team every week, sold the spine of the team and decided playing Adam le Fondre on the wing was a tactical masterclass :lol: Slade came in at a difficult time reduced the wage bill whilst keeping us competitive, he did the job he was brought in to do and mop up the mess OGS and to an extent Malky had left us in. But i do agree the football was shocking :lol: and i was glad when he finally left. Who knows though, if we'd bypassed Slade and Trollope we could have been in the prem eariler.

Why do you count under 23 players with one manager and not the other? And actually. Players payed from their own pocket to get away from the club when Slade came in. The wage structure at the club had nothing to do with Ole. And I think there where one more player at the club when he left than when he came. He sure went overboard with that signing.. Adam Leviine as a wing? Only remember him playing inside forward. Go figure..
Scandinavianbluebird

Postby maccydee » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:19 pm

dogfound wrote:
Bluebird Warrior wrote:

should write a book.

I don’t think there’s much wrong with that.

Slade had to let a lot of players go and still allowed us to be competitive. Not sure why he’s getting so much hate.
maccydee

Postby angelis1949 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:45 pm

I hope he goes asap we need a younger manager with a modern mindset who will bring back football to the club instead of the hoof ball style of football fans have had to endure under Warnock
angelis1949

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:58 pm

Bluebird Warrior wrote:
Bluebird Warrior wrote:

Why do you count under 23 players with one manager and not the other? And actually. Players payed from their own pocket to get away from the club when Slade came in. The wage structure at the club had nothing to do with Ole. And I think there where one more player at the club when he left than when he came. He sure went overboard with that signing.. Adam Leviine as a wing? Only remember him playing inside forward. Go figure..

I remember seeing Adam Le fondre (who's not an inside forward anyway, he's a poacher) dropping into the LB position against Blackburn all game, it would be like playing Sergio Aguero on the wing :lol: At times the furthest player forward in our team was Fabio.
Bluebird Warrior

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:20 pm

angelis1949 wrote:I hope he goes asap we need a younger manager with a modern mindset who will bring back football to the club instead of the hoof ball style of football fans have had to endure under Warnock

:laughing5: Clueless
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby Scandinavianbluebird » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:47 pm

Bluebird Warrior wrote:
Bluebird Warrior wrote:
Bluebird Warrior wrote:

I remember seeing Adam Le fondre (who's not an inside forward anyway, he's a poacher) dropping into the LB position against Blackburn all game, it would be like playing Sergio Aguero on the wing :lol: At times the furthest player forward in our team was Fabio.

So he used the same tactic with us as he does with man utd? Even Lukaku being used that way. And at times the fullbacks are highest on the pitch. Yes, clueless idiot. Btw. Whats the difference with a poacher and inside forward?
Scandinavianbluebird

Postby BlueVanman » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:21 pm

angelis1949 wrote:I hope he goes asap we need a younger manager with a modern mindset who will bring back football to the club instead of the hoof ball style of football fans have had to endure under Warnock

Absolute COCK :oops: :banghead:

Maybe you should rephrase you quote and change the word 'fans' to 'TWATS' as i think you'll find the fans or at least the genuine ones are more than happy.
BlueVanman

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:26 pm

Bluebird Warrior wrote:
Bluebird Warrior wrote:
Bluebird Warrior wrote:

So he used the same tactic with us as he does with man utd? Even Lukaku being used that way. And at times the fullbacks are highest on the pitch. Yes, clueless idiot. Btw. Whats the difference with a poacher and inside forward?

If you don't know the difference between a poacher and an inside forward this conversation really is pointless. And I never said Full backs shouldn't push up, but when the ball is in your own net (Which happened quite a lot under OGS) The full back shouldn't be standing in the oppositions half. The man was out of his depth at Cardiff and was tactically naïve. But I will give him this, he's clearly learned from his mistakes at Cardiff and he's working with world class players and has a very experienced man in Mike Phelan next to him which im sure is a massive help. Anyway he comes across as a really nice guy and I hope he does well at UTD.
Bluebird Warrior

Postby Scandinavianbluebird » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:46 pm

Bluebird Warrior wrote:
Bluebird Warrior wrote:
Bluebird Warrior wrote:
Bluebird Warrior wrote:

If you don't know the difference between a poacher and an inside forward this conversation really is pointless. And I never said Full backs shouldn't push up, but when the ball is in your own net (Which happened quite a lot under OGS) The full back shouldn't be standing in the oppositions half. The man was out of his depth at Cardiff and was tactically naïve. But I will give him this, he's clearly learned from his mistakes at Cardiff and he's working with world class players and has a very experienced man in Mike Phelan next to him which im sure is a massive help. Anyway he comes across as a really nice guy and I hope he does well at UTD.

I know It is pointless, because a poatcher is about space. Not only behind the back line, but also in front of it and around the box. You know, bit like a inside forward? He clearly didn't if he uses the same tactic now. And although their attack is good, he is pretty naive with that shit defence..
Scandinavianbluebird

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:40 pm

Bluebird Warrior wrote:
Bluebird Warrior wrote:
Bluebird Warrior wrote:
Bluebird Warrior wrote:

I know It is pointless, because a poatcher is about space. Not only behind the back line, but also in front of it and around the box. You know, bit like a inside forward? He clearly didn't if he uses the same tactic now. And although their attack is good, he is pretty naive with that shit defence..

Well my definition of a poacher would be players like Aguero, Chopra, Maupay, Aubameyang, Earnshaw, Javier Hernandez and Billy Sharp who have never played as an inside forward. I would consider players like Bale, Salah, Neymar, Josh Murphy, and Hazard to be Inside forwards, but whatever. All i can say is OGS was not a success at Cardiff, we got hammered in most of the games in the prem when he came in, we didnt improve in the championship and brought Slade in mainly to reduce the wage bill whilst keeping us competitive (Even if it was some of the most boring football i've ever seen :lol: ) But i was glad when he finally did leave. Anyway its all good now, we're in the prem, we're in blue and we've got a top manager. Have a nice day :thumbup: :ayatollah:
Bluebird Warrior

Postby maccydee » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:55 pm

I know everyone is entitled to their opinion.

My opinion is that you are a prick.
maccydee

Postby Scandinavianbluebird » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:07 pm

Bluebird Warrior wrote:
Bluebird Warrior wrote:
Bluebird Warrior wrote:
Bluebird Warrior wrote:
Bluebird Warrior wrote:

Well my definition of a poacher would be players like Aguero, Chopra, Maupay, Aubameyang, Earnshaw, Javier Hernandez and Billy Sharp who have never played as an inside forward. I would consider players like Bale, Salah, Neymar, Josh Murphy, and Hazard to be Inside forwards, but whatever. All i can say is OGS was not a success at Cardiff, we got hammered in most of the games in the prem when he came in, we didnt improve in the championship and brought Slade in mainly to reduce the wage bill whilst keeping us competitive (Even if it was some of the most boring football i've ever seen :lol: ) But i was glad when he finally did leave. Anyway its all good now, we're in the prem, we're in blue and we've got a top manager. Have a nice day :thumbup: :ayatollah:

It could be a fine discussion, but the thread is drifting.. But i think you will find a lot of Aguero goals doing exactly that, drifting in from the side setting himself up. Football is about creating space and covering it. Football is so much more fun when you see it like this. I know exactly what Ole was trying to do with le fondle. But i really dont think you can make it work with seven games. Warnock has struggled big time this year finding that rhythm, but finally - finally he seem to have cracked the code pressing high and limiting spaces. He also got a few of them players creating. All he needs to do now is put Patt on the bench.
Have a fine evening sir :bluescarf:
Scandinavianbluebird

Next

Return to General Chat