UPDATED BREAKING: “ EMILIANO SALA DIED FROM “

A forum for all things Cardiff City

UPDATED BREAKING: “ EMILIANO SALA DIED FROM “

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:03 pm

Emiliano Sala died of head and chest injuries

The inquest has heard Emiliano Sala was identified by finger print evidence. The cause of death, which was established after a post-mortem, is given as head and chest injuries. A pathologist described the cause of death as “head and trunk injuries”.

The inquest has been adjourned. The full AAIB investigation into the plane crash is expected to take between six and 12 months, although an interim report is due within a fortnight.





:cry:

Cardiff City footballer Emiliano Sala died from "head and trunk injuries", a post-mortem examination found, an opening inquest at Dorset Coroner's Court heard.

The Argentine footballer was travelling from Nantes to Cardiff in a light aircraft flown by pilot David Ibbotson when it lost contact with air traffic control over the Channel north of Guernsey on January 21.


Monday 11th February 2019


Dorset Coroner's Court has been told the footballer was identified by finger print evidence.

Brendan Allen, acting senior coroner for Dorset, adjourned proceedings until November 6 for a pre-inquest review after hearing an Air Accident Investigation report into the incident will not be published for six to 12 months. An interim report is due within a fortnight.


The hearing, which lasted five minutes and took place at Bournemouth Town Hall in the absence of members of Sala's family, was adjourned until November.

The Argentine footballer was travelling from Nantes to Cardiff in a light aircraft flown by pilot David Ibbotson when it lost contact with air traffic control over the Channel north of Guernsey on January 21.

Sala's body was recovered from the underwater wreckage last week and brought to shore at Portland, which is why the inquest is taking place in Dorset.
Attachments
429DE079-987D-44F8-8E54-44FBC703A9E3.jpeg
429DE079-987D-44F8-8E54-44FBC703A9E3.jpeg (94.55 KiB) Viewed 7647 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 114568
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 am

UPDATED BREAKING: “ EMILIANO SALA DIED FROM “

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: BREAKING: “ EMILIANO SALA DIED FROM “

Postby Sven » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:09 pm

This is incredibly sad but not unexpected, as the sequence of events on impact will be similar to that of a 'head on' road traffic collision :cry:

Closure for the family and friends of Emiliano Sala is getting closer and we can only pray the same occurs for pilot Dave Ibbotson and his family and friends :cry:
"If only closed minds came with closed mouths!"
User avatar
Sven
Moderator
 
Posts: 16673
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:14 pm

Re: BREAKING: “ EMILIANO SALA DIED FROM “

Postby worcester_ccfc » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:16 pm

Very very sad.

Hopefully the body of David Ibbotson can be found as soon as possible.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match, and your Player of the Month every month during the season :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Ninian 116 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
User avatar
worcester_ccfc
Admin
 
Posts: 12601
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:30 am

Re: BREAKING: “ EMILIANO SALA DIED FROM “

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:24 pm

Sven wrote:This is incredibly sad but not unexpected, as the sequence of events on impact will be similar to that of a 'head on' road traffic collision :cry:

Closure for the family and friends of Emiliano Sala is getting closer and we can only pray the same occurs for pilot Dave Ibbotson and his family and friends :cry:

Chris, in a way it's what i'd hoped for as opposed to (a less instant) drowning.
bluebirdoct1962
 
Posts: 2516
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 8:39 am

Re: BREAKING: “ EMILIANO SALA DIED FROM “

Postby Sven » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:28 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Sven wrote:This is incredibly sad but not unexpected, as the sequence of events on impact will be similar to that of a 'head on' road traffic collision :cry:

Closure for the family and friends of Emiliano Sala is getting closer and we can only pray the same occurs for pilot Dave Ibbotson and his family and friends :cry:

Chris, in a way it's what i'd hoped for as opposed to (a less instant) drowning.

Andrew, it would almost certainly have been instant and of some comfort to his family
"If only closed minds came with closed mouths!"
User avatar
Sven
Moderator
 
Posts: 16673
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:14 pm

Re: BREAKING: “ EMILIANO SALA DIED FROM “

Postby Llantwit bluebird » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:44 pm

In a morbid way the best result we could have wished for! Instant impact as apposed to drowning. RIP Emiliano.
Llantwit bluebird
 
Posts: 105
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:56 pm

Re: BREAKING: “ EMILIANO SALA DIED FROM “

Postby Ibby » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:57 pm

Does that sort of detail really need to be reported on. Have some respect to his family and loved ones. It looks like he died so quickly :( :( :(
Ibby
 
Posts: 715
Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:35 pm

Re: BREAKING: “ EMILIANO SALA DIED FROM “

Postby Ibby » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:05 pm

The pilot last report, he was 8.08 miles high from land. & reports said there was hardly any impact, because they came down so slow. & Sala died from head injuries and had to be identified by his fingerprints.. something don’t add up here.
Ibby
 
Posts: 715
Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:35 pm

Re: BREAKING: “ EMILIANO SALA DIED FROM “

Postby snoopystorm » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:27 pm

Mixed feelings on this, in a way it’s good he didn’t suffer drowning but still a sad sad situation, sounds like it was instant :(

#RIPSala
Sala - Once a Bluebird, Always a bluebird
Together We Will Make It
For Sala, For David
User avatar
snoopystorm
 
Posts: 1365
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:12 pm
Location: Kenfig Hill

Re: BREAKING: “ EMILIANO SALA DIED FROM “

Postby Wolfpac » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:31 pm

Ibby give it a rest there is no conspiracy, show some respect

RIP Emil, echo others sentiments that it will have been a quick death.
Wolfpac
 
Posts: 2541
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:03 pm
Location: Llanishen

Re: BREAKING: “ EMILIANO SALA DIED FROM “

Postby Steve Zodiak » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:38 pm

Wolfpac wrote:Ibby give it a rest there is no conspiracy, show some respect

RIP Emil, echo others sentiments that it will have been a quick death.


Thought the same as you. The AIIB has not had the opportunity to check the aircraft, so to the best of my knowledge, no-one has any idea as to how hard it hit the water, or anything else for that matter. The injuries would suggest the impact was a lot more than gliding down to the surface of the sea, and the fact that it suddenly vanished off radar with no distress call also suggests that this was no attempted controlled descent onto the water.
Steve Zodiak
 
Posts: 5122
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:42 pm

Re: BREAKING: “ EMILIANO SALA DIED FROM “

Postby Charlie Harper » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:47 pm

Such a tragic loss for everyone and it looks like the plane hit the water quickly. To me it doesn't add up and something is still amiss but the experts will investigate and come to the right conclusion.

R.I.P. Emiliano
Mad bad and dangerous to know
User avatar
Charlie Harper
 
Posts: 1038
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:43 am
Location: Malibu beach

Re: BREAKING: “ EMILIANO SALA DIED FROM “

Postby welshrarebit » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:01 pm

If he didn't have a seat belt on its conceivable that even with a controlled landing he could have been violently thrown forward. Surface tension on water is very high especially for an item coming in at speed. Surface tension increases with lower temperature too so an even harder force
welshrarebit
 
Posts: 826
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:34 pm

Re: BREAKING: “ EMILIANO SALA DIED FROM “

Postby Deano1 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:05 pm

David Mearns said the plane was 'all there', he did not say it was in one piece or in good condition. It's possible to see substantial damage in the one picture that has been released. This doesn't surprise me. RIP Emiliano.
User avatar
Deano1
 
Posts: 1572
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:19 pm
Location: Stirling

Re: BREAKING: “ EMILIANO SALA DIED FROM “

Postby BLUE54 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:00 pm

My guess unfortunately, is that if the pitot tubes and wing controls had iced up, Mr Ibbotson would not have known his altitude or speed, and would not have been likely to have been able to make any adjustments. Coupled with the likelihood of it being pitch dark with the time of day and weather conditions, he would have been unlikely to even know where the sea level was. Even a free-falling object travels @ 120 mph never mind being powered.
So sad R.I.P. Emiliano and David.
BLUE54
 
Posts: 322
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:33 pm

Re: BREAKING: “ EMILIANO SALA DIED FROM “

Postby bluesince62 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:06 pm

Wolfpac wrote:Ibby give it a rest there is no conspiracy, show some respect

RIP Emil, echo others sentiments that it will have been a quick death.

No offence intended, but his name is Emiliano or to his friends & family Emi, never Emil :thumbup: :bluebird:
bluesince62
 
Posts: 1679
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:02 am

Re: UPDATED BREAKING: “ EMILIANO SALA DIED FROM “

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:32 pm

Emiliano Sala died of head and chest injuries

The inquest has heard Emiliano Sala was identified by finger print evidence. The cause of death, which was established after a post-mortem, is given as head and chest injuries. A pathologist described the cause of death as “head and trunk injuries”.

The inquest has been adjourned. The full AAIB investigation into the plane crash is expected to take between six and 12 months, although an interim report is due within a fortnight.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 114568
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 am

Re: UPDATED BREAKING: “ EMILIANO SALA DIED FROM “

Postby Dbenson1991 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:44 pm

Being a season ticket holder living in Bournemouth it’s so surreal his body is being held not far from where I live ☹️ Such a sad situation but the lads are doing the business on the pitch for Emiliano and David
Dbenson1991
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:15 pm

Re: BREAKING: “ EMILIANO SALA DIED FROM “

Postby stuey1981 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:41 pm

Ibby wrote:The pilot last report, he was 8.08 miles high from land. & reports said there was hardly any impact, because they came down so slow. & Sala died from head injuries and had to be identified by his fingerprints.. something don’t add up here.



Ibby ffs get a grip
stuey1981
 
Posts: 244
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:57 pm

Re: UPDATED BREAKING: “ EMILIANO SALA DIED FROM “

Postby Ibby » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:00 pm

Identified by fingerprint evidence why was this ? only asking. Was Sala body in a bad way ?
Ibby
 
Posts: 715
Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:35 pm

Re: UPDATED BREAKING: “ EMILIANO SALA DIED FROM “

Postby Scandinavianbluebird » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:13 pm

Reading this. Its been going through my mind all day. If the plane crashed so hard it killed Sala. What happened to the pilot, and where did he go?
User avatar
Scandinavianbluebird
 
Posts: 1527
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:40 am

Re: UPDATED BREAKING: “ EMILIANO SALA DIED FROM “

Postby Steve Zodiak » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:18 pm

Ibby wrote:Identified by fingerprint evidence why was this ? only asking. Was Sala body in a bad way ?


Unfortunately he had been in the sea for a while Ibby. I am no scientist, but I believe your body starts to decompose almost immediately after death. Even though cold salt water slows the process down, I would think he would be in a bad way after spending so much time submerged before they were able to recover him. All sounds very gruesome I'm afraid, and probably better not to dwell on this too much.
Steve Zodiak
 
Posts: 5122
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:42 pm

Re: UPDATED BREAKING: “ EMILIANO SALA DIED FROM “

Postby BLUE54 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:20 pm

Ibby please read my post above. It may help you to understand. Imagine a car crash at that speed.
BLUE54
 
Posts: 322
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:33 pm

Re: UPDATED BREAKING: “ EMILIANO SALA DIED FROM “

Postby Ibby » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:24 pm

Thanks for clearing it up guys for me. I find things very hard to understand at times. Poor Sala and may God bless his soul. He will never be forgotten, proper tragic story. I hope now David can be found.
Ibby
 
Posts: 715
Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:35 pm

Re: UPDATED BREAKING: “ EMILIANO SALA DIED FROM “

Postby Scandinavianbluebird » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:27 pm

BLUE54 wrote:Ibby please read my post above. It may help you to understand. Imagine a car crash at that speed.

Ive read your post above. You know nothing about what speed the plane was traveling at. Your post is a contradict, because if the plane hit water at that speed it would be in a million pieces. In fact, its not. And furter it looks like from the pictures that the door is open. And still we have a pilot missing. Where did he go at that speed? Vanish into thin air?
Last edited by Scandinavianbluebird on Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Scandinavianbluebird
 
Posts: 1527
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:40 am

Re: UPDATED BREAKING: “ EMILIANO SALA DIED FROM “

Postby BLUE54 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:27 pm

No problem mate. We are all shocked.
BLUE54
 
Posts: 322
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:33 pm

Re: UPDATED BREAKING: “ EMILIANO SALA DIED FROM “

Postby Ibby » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:45 pm

When does the family get Sala body back. Currently at Holly Tree Lodge mortuary in Dorset.
Ibby
 
Posts: 715
Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:35 pm

Re: UPDATED BREAKING: “ EMILIANO SALA DIED FROM “

Postby BLUE54 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:49 pm

Scandinavianbluebird wrote:
BLUE54 wrote:Ibby please read my post above. It may help you to understand. Imagine a car crash at that speed.

Ive read your post above. You know nothing about what speed the plane was traveling at. Your post is a contradict, because if the plane hit water at that speed it would be in a million pieces. In fact, its not. And furter it looks like from the pictures that the door is open. And still we have a pilot missing. Where did he go at that speed? Vanish into thin air?


I merely pointed out that the plane could not have entered the sea at less than 120 mph. Terminal velocity. Pure physics. That would be if it just dropped out of the sky with no propulsion. It was probably being driven at a greater speed than that. It would depend at what angle the plane entered the sea as to the amount of damage. Planes are designed to be streamlined to cut through the air to allow them to fly. As to your your question as to where Mr Ibbotson's body lies, it could be well away from the wreckage by now. Did you read about the poor man from Carmarthen who went missing off the beach in the middle of November? His body was washed up on a beach in North Devon in the middle of January. I hope they find Mr. Ibbotson's body soon.
BLUE54
 
Posts: 322
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:33 pm

Re: UPDATED BREAKING: “ EMILIANO SALA DIED FROM “

Postby Ibby » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:00 pm

BLUE54 wrote:
Scandinavianbluebird wrote:
BLUE54 wrote:Ibby please read my post above. It may help you to understand. Imagine a car crash at that speed.

Ive read your post above. You know nothing about what speed the plane was traveling at. Your post is a contradict, because if the plane hit water at that speed it would be in a million pieces. In fact, its not. And furter it looks like from the pictures that the door is open. And still we have a pilot missing. Where did he go at that speed? Vanish into thin air?


I merely pointed out that the plane could not have entered the sea at less than 120 mph. Terminal velocity. Pure physics. That would be if it just dropped out of the sky with no propulsion. It was probably being driven at a greater speed than that. It would depend at what angle the plane entered the sea as to the amount of damage. Planes are designed to be streamlined to cut through the air to allow them to fly. As to your your question as to where Mr Ibbotson's body lies, it could be well away from the wreckage by now. Did you read about the poor man from Carmarthen who went missing off the beach in the middle of November? His body was washed up on a beach in North Devon in the middle of January. I hope they find Mr. Ibbotson's body soon.



Well put post mate. What will happen to Sala body now returned back to his poor family, who are broken for life :( . What will also happen to Sala twitter page, will the family request it closed or will it be there for memory. I guess this twitter account will be brought up in the properly in the inquested about how he was so happy joining Cardiff.
Ibby
 
Posts: 715
Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:35 pm

Re: UPDATED BREAKING: “ EMILIANO SALA DIED FROM “

Postby BLUE54 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:04 pm

I believe the club have offered to fly his body back to Argentina to be buried there. I don't know what will be done to his twitter account.
BLUE54
 
Posts: 322
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:33 pm

Next


Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CF14 Blue, Google [Bot], Hazblue, paulh_85, scotslad and 193 guests

Disclaimer :
The views and comments entered in these forums are personal and are not necessarily those of the management of this board.
The management of this board is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites.