Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ramsey - Juve Deal

Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:42 pm

Wow.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Ramsey - Juve Deal

Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:46 pm

If he’s on 400 grand a week :o what do they pay the strikers :lol:

Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:46 pm

Hopefully he'll be back playing for us when he's 32 then :lol:

Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:01 pm

Totally mad that amount! Presumably he doesn't t get signing on fee?

Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:09 pm

I wouldn't trust that as gospel. It was leaked from the Arsenal side and smacks of them trying to keep face with their fans.
I can't believe the penny pinchers at Juve have scrimped and saved all these years to blow it all on Aaron Ramsey :lol:

Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:18 pm

Blue Legend wrote:I wouldn't trust that as gospel. It was leaked from the Arsenal side and smacks of them trying to keep face with their fans.
I can't believe the penny pinchers at Juve have scrimped and saved all these years to blow it all on Aaron Ramsey :lol:

Got him on a free though so seems genuine.

Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:25 pm

The boy from Caerphilly done good!
:)

Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:26 pm

Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey has signed a pre-contract agreement to join Juventus in the summer in a deal will earn him just over £400,000 a week. :thumbright: :thumbright:

Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:06 pm

Ironically if we’d had a sell on clause, we’d have got sweet FA!!

Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:35 pm

at current exchange rates thats about €23m a season. obviously the weak pound has meant that in current sterling terms it looks huge.

on the open market a player of his proven quality costs £60m plus, which over the course of a 4 year contract is £15m a year. average players not fit to lace his boots nowadays go for £30m. the inflation in the game in recent years has left us struggling to value quality players.

Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:54 pm

Good for Rambo! He's been criminally underpaid for many seasons at Arsenal and if you compare what Ozil and Mkhitaryan earn, Rambo is now finally getting the salary he deserves! :clap:

Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:29 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Good for Rambo! He's been criminally underpaid for many seasons at Arsenal and if you compare what Ozil and Mkhitaryan earn, Rambo is now finally getting the salary he deserves! :clap:

The £400k a week salary is total guesswork and I would suggest hugely inflated

However, I do totally agree he was never treated fairly at Arsenal and probably should have moved away years ago

Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:12 pm

Dont see the fuzz. He signed on Bosman rulings, hence there are more room for negotiating salary. Tit for tat... He will be an excellent player for Juventus, and make back every dime.. Even Ronaldo is making Juventus money..

Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:59 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Good for Rambo! He's been criminally underpaid for many seasons at Arsenal and if you compare what Ozil and Mkhitaryan earn, Rambo is now finally getting the salary he deserves! :clap:

However, I do totally agree he was never treated fairly at Arsenal and probably should have moved away years ago

Agree - Good Luck Rambo .

Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:13 pm

Turin is a nice city as well. Joe Hart did well there. Tempted to put in the alleged Ian Rush quote, but best not!

Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:20 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:

over 4 years its 80 million pounds, no fee.

dont really see why its inflated tbh. Danny Drinkwaters total package came to 60 mill and is not half the player

Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:31 am

Wonder how much the agent make from the deal, will they eat a tickle from his salary?

Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:28 am

I agree it is not inflated.
£80 million over for years which includes wages.

I would agree his transfer market fee is prob £60m which leaves under £100k a week for wages.

I think that’s decent deal for both Juve and Ramsey. Only difference is Arsenal gets nothing, and agents prob get nothing too.

Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:19 am

Scandinavianbluebird wrote:Dont see the fuzz. He signed on Bosman rulings, hence there are more room for negotiating salary. Tit for tat... He will be an excellent player for Juventus, and make back every dime.. Even Ronaldo is making Juventus money..

Its the way to go for top footballers, if they had a brain they would all run their contracts down and take the transfer fee in wages instead of giving it to the club.

Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:01 pm

Does this mean we can ask him to do the ayatollah when we play them in the champion league?