Visiting Malaysia... And missing the tribute.

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Don Keydick » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:49 pm

I've often looked at the advertising around our stadium saying "Visit Malaysia" and wondered if I'd ever go there. Well I had a milestone birthday last year (I won't say how old, but when I first started supporting city, the programmes were written in Latin and cost 2 groats) and the wife booked a far east cruise which made 3 stops in Malaysia. Got back on Thursday. It's well worth a visit, Kuala Lumpur is a great city and the island of Langawi is brilliant for a holiday, and all the people are lovely.

When the fixtures came out, I looked to see which games I'd be missing and wasn't too upset that it was only Bournemouth. But I was gutted to miss the tribute to Sala and the fantastic performance. I've watched it on you tube and once again, city fans were awesome. Everyone there can take a bow, as always, I'm proud to be a city fan.
Don Keydick

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Visiting Malaysia... And missing the tribute.

Postby Alan_in_China » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:35 am

Sounds like a great cruise you had! Traditionally, people have tended to look no further than Thailand as an East Asia holiday destination, however, I've also had quite a few people tell me(I'm not too far away in China, as my username would suggest!) that Malaysia is a good, clean, safe environment.
I haven't been to Malaysia but I have been to Thailand, I found there were too many scams in operation in Thailand, which took the shine off the place for me.

As you say, the club has conducted themselves well regarding Emiliano Sala. It does indeed make you proud to be associated with our club.
Alan_in_China

Postby kennethpaul.fly » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:01 am

Don't forget to visit the Philippines too. :)

https://theplanetd.com/visit-the-philip ... stination/
kennethpaul.fly

Postby welshrarebit » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:08 am

The Philippines have some stunning islands. Manila is a bit out there but Cebu Bohol etc are fantastic. The people are wonderful too.
welshrarebit

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:32 pm

SirJimmySchoular

Postby kennethpaul.fly » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:33 pm

welshrarebit wrote:The Philippines have some stunning islands. Manila is a bit out there but Cebu Bohol etc are fantastic. The people are wonderful too.

Agree mate. Manila is hectic.
You may skip and try other destinations.

You may also want to check this out:
https://youtu.be/7qBBRCUJC2A

Cheers
kennethpaul.fly

Postby Jock » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:41 pm

Going to Borneo next month, 2 days in Kuala Lumpur on the way back, any must sees or dos?
Jock

Postby Alan_in_China » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:19 pm

kennethpaul.fly wrote:
welshrarebit wrote:The Philippines have some stunning islands. Manila is a bit out there but Cebu Bohol etc are fantastic. The people are wonderful too.

Agree mate. Manila is hectic.
You may skip and try other destinations.

You may also want to check this out:
https://youtu.be/7qBBRCUJC2A

Cheers

You need to have your wits about you in Manila, particularly at night. I was shocked at the number of shanties that seemed to be built all the way alongside the train line that cuts through Manila - equally so the number of families sleeping on nothing more than cardboard and kids with begging bowls at traffic lights and gun-toting security guards on the doors of Jollibee (Philippine's fast-food restaurant chain).
Having said that, the country does have some beautiful beaches and the majority of people are friendly.
Alan_in_China

Postby Folkestone_Blue » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:01 pm

Jock wrote:Going to Borneo next month, 2 days in Kuala Lumpur on the way back, any must sees or dos?

Obviously the Petronas Towers (but get there early, as only limited tickets on sale per day. The ticket office opens, i think, at 8.00am, and you can then purchase a ticket for a set time later in the day)

The Batu Caves ..... no need of taxi, as you can take the KTM Komuter Train from KL Sentral to Batu Caves.
Don't antagonise the monkeys !
Folkestone_Blue

Postby Jock » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:56 pm

Folkestone_Blue wrote:
Jock wrote:Going to Borneo next month, 2 days in Kuala Lumpur on the way back, any must sees or dos?

Obviously the Petronas Towers (but get there early, as only limited tickets on sale per day. The ticket office opens, i think, at 8.00am, and you can then purchase a ticket for a set time later in the day)

The Batu Caves ..... no need of taxi, as you can take the KTM Komuter Train from KL Sentral to Batu Caves.
Don't antagonise the monkeys !
we’ll check the Bantu Caves out, supposed to have a great view of the Petronas Towers from the hotel we’re staying in.
Jock

Return to General Chat