10th July 2019

A forum for all things Cardiff City

10th July 2019

Postby Taff on the Mersey » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:03 pm

Marks 10 years since our first game again Chasetown at the Cardiff City Stadium. A hell of a lot has happened on and off the field since then and possibly some of biggest moments will still happen up to that anniversary date.

To date, what is your single most memorable moment at the Cardiff City Stadium? From the most obvious to most obscure...share it.

:ayatollah:
Taff on the Mersey

10th July 2019

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: 10th July 2019

Postby Taff on the Mersey » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:28 pm

That memorable aye! Thought id break from all the obvious topics to commemorate a milestone but never mind. :lol:
Taff on the Mersey

Postby Nemo » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:44 pm

Most memorable moment? Chopra's late goal to beat the Jacks, silence their supporters and send our fans mental.
Nemo

Postby dorsetblue » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:58 pm

Taff on the Mersey wrote:Marks 10 years since our first game again Chasetown at the Cardiff City Stadium. A hell of a lot has happened on and off the field since then and possibly some of biggest moments will still happen up to that anniversary date.

To date, what is your single most memorable moment at the Cardiff City Stadium? From the most obvious to most obscure...share it.

Always enjoy threads like this but find on this board they never do well. I did one Saturday evening that I felt warranted a thread but I had one reply about most enjoyable goal scoring celebrations. Sorry I missed your thread, as an exile I haven’t been to every game but in no particular order games I have been to.

1. Playoff shoot out vs Leicester
2. Chopra goal to beat Jacks in injury time.
3. Hudson goal vs Derby
4. Bale goal vs Belgium in Euro qualifiers
5. Final whistle vs Charlton (first premier league promotion).
dorsetblue

Postby dorsetblue » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:01 pm

dorsetblue wrote:
Taff on the Mersey wrote:Marks 10 years since our first game again Chasetown at the Cardiff City Stadium. A hell of a lot has happened on and off the field since then and possibly some of biggest moments will still happen up to that anniversary date.

Always enjoy threads like this but find on this board they never do well. I did one Saturday evening that I felt warranted a thread but I had one reply about most enjoyable goal scoring celebrations. Sorry I missed your thread, as an exile I haven’t been to every game but in no particular order games I have been to.

1. Playoff shoot out vs Leicester
2. Chopra goal to beat Jacks in injury time.
3. Hudson goal vs Derby
4. Bale goal vs Belgium in Euro qualifiers
5. Final whistle vs Charlton (first premier league promotion).

Maybe removing the Wales game, I’d replace with beating Man City.
dorsetblue

Postby Taff on the Mersey » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:50 pm

I think my most memorable/pivotal moment was against Leicester in just a league game, we went down to 9 men with a lead as we had a red plus an injury. The teams back were against the wall and the crowd went mental and rallied behind them. Chris Burke was outstanding on that wing. It was then that I said to myself 'yeh ill miss Ninian Park but this stadium can create more noise when we sort our act out'.
Taff on the Mersey

Postby TopCat CCFC » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:52 pm

Loads of great moments to name - But if I have to pick a Day and a Team performance with the fans feelings ...

1st Home game in the Prem ... CARDIFF CITY v MAN CITY :bluebird:
TopCat CCFC

Postby phildavies » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:16 am

Most meriable for me was the worse moment scarfgate never felt more shamed to be a Cardiff fan than that day it made me feel physically sick being in the stadium. Glad we are past that bull shot now though.

Another odd one that sticks out for me was Duffy’s two own goals for Blackburn and him being our top scorer for ages that season :lol:
city till i die.............................................

Trying to combat the underrating of our own players and overestimating of other teams on this board
phildavies

Postby neathbluebird » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:37 am

phildavies wrote:Most meriable for me was the worse moment scarfgate never felt more shamed to be a Cardiff fan than that day it made me feel physically sick being in the stadium. Glad we are past that bull shot now though.

Another odd one that sticks out for me was Duffy’s two own goals for Blackburn and him being our top scorer for ages that season :lol:

Yep remember that Blackburn game..it was pissing down and we moved from our st seats in the ninian up to the corner of the canton to keep dry.we were shit that day but Blackburn were shitter.Remember talking to a blackburn fan in the pub b4 the game who thought they would get smashed..o ly under trollope could we struggle against such a poor side, thank God warnock's was appointed soon after otherwise wed be in league 1 now rather than rubbing shoulders with the big boys.
neathbluebird

Postby theclaw » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:27 pm

The play off semi against Leicester,unbelievable,up and down and so many emotions that day.Pure Theatre.
theclaw

Postby Andysince76 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:10 pm

Loads already mentioned, but the Gabor Gypes rugby tackle against Leicester down to 10 men, and then super Kev having to play on 1 leg and we got the win.
Also something I'll always remember to my dying day, climbing those f*cking stairs to the upper Ninian every week, each time you turn the corner you pray you'll see the concourse, but nope, another set of the fuckers. :lol:
Whatever's comfortable.
Andysince76

Postby Taff on the Mersey » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:14 pm

Andysince76 wrote:Loads already mentioned, but the Gabor Gypes rugby tackle against Leicester down to 10 men, and then super Kev having to play on 1 leg and we got the win.
Also something I'll always remember to my dying day, climbing those f*cking stairs to the upper Ninian every week, each time you turn the corner you pray you'll see the concourse, but nope, another set of the fuckers. :lol:

That made me chuckle. :lol:
Taff on the Mersey

Postby llangainbluebird » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:03 pm

Best moment for me was when the egg chasers left, and took all their poxy paraphernalia with them. We got our own stadium back. Closely followed by that Leicester league game, post Gabor being sent off. Finally proved that we can create a great atmosphere in the new stadium.
llangainbluebird

Postby TommyP » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:59 pm

Can't believe some people don't consider the CCS our home just because it isn't old/run down/different sized stands etc. If I were to stand in the center circle on a non match day at Villa Park, Loftus Road, Old Trafford, Brammall Lane etc I would get the exact same atmosphere, emotions, feelings at all. What makes a stadium a home is the fans and the players and the manager and the memories that have taken place there.

In less than 10 years at the CCS we have seen 2 promotions to the Premier League, Cardiff lifting the trophy for the championship, multiple years of play off semi finals, a league cup run that took us to the final and watching our team play some of the best teams in Europe.

Outside of CCFC we've also seen a major European final held there, the women's Champions League final, Wales qualifying for our best ever tournament and more.

We're now witnessing one of the biggest fights for survival in our history in the richest league in the world with the cheapest squad. With players that many top championship teams wouldn't take and a manager that some think should've retired years ago. It's this fight and the fans backing them that make the CCS home. :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :ayatollah:
TommyP

Postby dogfound » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:16 pm

Taff on the Mersey wrote:I think my most memorable/pivotal moment was against Leicester in just a league game, we went down to 9 men with a lead as we had a red plus an injury. The teams back were against the wall and the crowd went mental and rallied behind them. Chris Burke was outstanding on that wing. It was then that I said to myself 'yeh ill miss Ninian Park but this stadium can create more noise when we sort our act out'.

yes this one for me too..
dogfound

Postby BLUE54 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:16 pm

TommyP wrote:Can't believe some people don't consider the CCS our home just because it isn't old/run down/different sized stands etc. If I were to stand in the center circle on a non match day at Villa Park, Loftus Road, Old Trafford, Brammall Lane etc I would get the exact same atmosphere, emotions, feelings at all. What makes a stadium a home is the fans and the players and the manager and the memories that have taken place there.

In less than 10 years at the CCS we have seen 2 promotions to the Premier League, Cardiff lifting the trophy for the championship, multiple years of play off semi finals, a league cup run that took us to the final and watching our team play some of the best teams in Europe.

Outside of CCFC we've also seen a major European final held there, the women's Champions League final, Wales qualifying for our best ever tournament and more.

We're now witnessing one of the biggest fights for survival in our history in the richest league in the world with the cheapest squad. With players that many top championship teams wouldn't take and a manager that some think should've retired years ago. It's this fight and the fans backing them that make the CCS home. :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Good post. I loved going to NP for 43 years but this is our home now.:thumbup:
BLUE54

Postby TopCat CCFC » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:34 pm

BLUE54 wrote:
TommyP wrote:Can't believe some people don't consider the CCS our home just because it isn't old/run down/different sized stands etc. If I were to stand in the center circle on a non match day at Villa Park, Loftus Road, Old Trafford, Brammall Lane etc I would get the exact same atmosphere, emotions, feelings at all. What makes a stadium a home is the fans and the players and the manager and the memories that have taken place there.

Good post. I loved going to NP for 43 years but this is our home now.:thumbup:

:thumbup: :bluebird:
TopCat CCFC

Return to General Chat