Josh Murphy

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Josh Murphy

Postby Carduff » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:37 pm

Last game came on as sub against Everton, 3 minutes to go 2 nill down, Murphy was frustrated at not controlling the ball hoofed it into the crowd, Warnock's face was livid, next game, not in team or not even on bench. Doh
Really rate Murphy as one of our top players, we're short on class as it is :banghead:
Carduff

Josh Murphy

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Josh Murphy

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:48 pm

Carduff wrote:Last game came on as sub against Everton, 3 minutes to go 2 nill down, Murphy was frustrated at not controlling the ball hoofed it into the crowd, Warnock's face was livid, next game, not in team or not even on bench. Doh
Really rate Murphy as one of our top players, we're short on class as it is :banghead:

Shouldn't kick the ball away when you're losing no matter what the circumstances.

Rightly dropped.
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby snoopystorm » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:11 pm

He was rightly dropped, the 1st ball he smashed into the crowd almost hit a disabled kid in a wheelchair, that was a venomous clearance (down by the family stand) the 2nd one he couldn’t keep it in and smashed it into the upper tier of the grand stand.... poor showing
Once a Bluebird, Always a bluebird
snoopystorm

Postby rhblue » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:09 pm

Yes he wrongly hoffed the ball but he has a had lack of game time from Warnock which I don’t know why as he is our ownly attack on the wing Warnock should start him on the weekend one of our best players in my opinion
rhblue

Postby Stringfellow » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:22 pm

At times I have thought he’s our key to opening sides up, raw pace and when he’s on it he causes problems for the best of defenders. He’s for sure not a team player, or it comes over like that and he’s a player that is great when it’s all going well but when it’s not he’s not worth having on the pitch.

Still think he will be a major player for us if we go down. Rightly dropped.
You have to go through the bad times to appreciate the good times!!!
Stringfellow

Postby Alan_in_China » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:44 am

One of the few players we have who has the raw pace to open up defences. If he was still at Norwich they'd probably be 7-8pts clear at the top of the Championship by now.
Alan_in_China

Postby Bluesman » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:08 am

Face facts we overpaid millions for a very poor weak player.
Bluesman

Postby rhblue » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:19 pm

I don’t think warnock has made a good signing expect from the loans
rhblue

Postby Aberbeeg Blues » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:41 am

What has he done this season?........not a lot!!!

Flattered to deceive I reckon.

If he beats his man the first few times he can have a half decent game. If the full back susses him out early doors he goes into his shell and rarely causes the opposition any problems.

Not strong enough and very debatable you would want him in the trenches along side you. Just like Holliet .
Aberbeeg Blues

Postby Bluebina » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:05 pm

Alan_in_China wrote:One of the few players we have who has the raw pace to open up defences. If he was still at Norwich they'd probably be 7-8pts clear at the top of the Championship by now.

He's a confidence player like most Wingers, he is struggling you can see that in his body language, Mendez is the same, I don't think any of them are ready to start for a while unless we are desperate enough to take a gamble !!!
Bluebina

Postby Bluebina » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:06 pm

Bluebina wrote:
Alan_in_China wrote:One of the few players we have who has the raw pace to open up defences. If he was still at Norwich they'd probably be 7-8pts clear at the top of the Championship by now.

He's a confidence player like most Wingers, he is struggling you can see that in his body language, Mendez is the same, I don't think any of them are ready to start for a while unless we are desperate enough to take a gamble !!!

We need street fighters, now players scared and low on confidence.
Bluebina

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:23 pm

rhblue wrote:I don’t think warnock has made a good signing expect from the loans

I hope you mean this season? :laughing5:
Reids been alright mind...
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby Wolfpac » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:17 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
rhblue wrote:I don’t think warnock has made a good signing expect from the loans

Reid has talent, Murphy looks like a spoiled baby at times.
Wolfpac

Postby rhblue » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:52 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:

Reid been alright but Madine was a waste, cunningham barely plays, Tomlin played 2 or 3 games and Murphy starts now and again

Not one solid signing
rhblue

Postby RhiwEbbwBluebird » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:11 pm

He has pace and goals in his locker and can open up teams. One of the few we got who can do it at this level should be playing regular imo. Our other wingers are way off the standard so i dont get why murphy is outcasted, poor management by warnock with this imo.
RhiwEbbwBluebird

Postby 2blue2handle » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:28 pm

Not sure why Murphy has got so much stick lately. He has basically been the only player that has looked like creating anything this season. All the pressure has been on him every time he starts. Easy for teams to double up on him and watch us struggle and then people blame him.

I think he has been a good signing, maybe lacking I confidence but he isn't the complete player but that was obvious. Harsh treated like others because of some bad results.
2blue2handle

Postby caerblue » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:45 pm

Aberbeeg Blues wrote:What has he done this season?........not a lot!!!

Flattered to deceive I reckon.

If he beats his man the first few times he can have a half decent game. If the full back susses him out early doors he goes into his shell and rarely causes the opposition any problems.

Not strong enough and very debatable you would want him in the trenches along side you. Just like Holliet .

Spot on,what I said all season
caerblue

Postby maccydee » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:15 pm

Two assists today.

See what happens when he’s confident.

We need to nurture.
maccydee

Postby jimmy_rat » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:48 pm

He had a great game. Defensively too.
jimmy_rat

Postby BiglicksMcGoo » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:29 pm

Young players always tend to be more inconsistent than seasoned veterans; he's been a solid buy for us and had an excellent game today.

There's been a few teams this season who've subbed their full back at HT because JM was turning them inside out.

Best thing is he's going to get better, even more so playing in the PL
BiglicksMcGoo

Postby Fergy1927 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:10 am

jimmy_rat wrote:He had a great game. Defensively too.
]]

I agree Jimmy. I was surprised how well he did. Top effort from Murphy. Hoilett looked slow defensively but was superb at holding the ball and frustrating the Mockneys.
Fergy1927

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:32 pm

Never ceases to amase me.
Grudging praise for Josh Murphy after he created two goals but tinged with moaning about Junior Hoilett who scored one of them
SirJimmySchoular

Postby Fergy1927 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:35 am

If that’s aimed at me, I don’t think I’ve ever slagged off Murphy so my praise wasn’t made begrudgingly. He’s had a good season for a young man stepping up from the Championship to the top flight. I want moaning about Hoilett either. He had a superb game. He looked slow in defence but made up for that with his skilled possession of the ball.

What a brilliant team performance against a top half team.
Fergy1927

Postby Bluebina » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:21 am

Going into this game he looked low in confidence, but he was brilliant, he had a hand in both goals and was beating his man and drawing fouls all game, fingers crossed his confidence is back because when it is, he is one of our best players :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Bluebina

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:59 am

Fergy1927 wrote:If that’s aimed at me, I don’t think I’ve ever slagged off Murphy so my praise wasn’t made begrudgingly. He’s had a good season for a young man stepping up from the Championship to the top flight. I want moaning about Hoilett either. He had a superb game. He looked slow in defence but made up for that with his skilled possession of the ball.

No it wasn't specifically aimed at you. I'm sorry if I gave that impression.
I meant the general tendency here sometimes to find faults with good players as if we expect perfect performances every game and we've paid £50M for them.
SirJimmySchoular

Postby Fergy1927 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:55 am

SirJimmySchoular wrote:
Fergy1927 wrote:If that’s aimed at me, I don’t think I’ve ever slagged off Murphy so my praise wasn’t made begrudgingly. He’s had a good season for a young man stepping up from the Championship to the top flight. I want moaning about Hoilett either. He had a superb game. He looked slow in defence but made up for that with his skilled possession of the ball.

No it wasn't specifically aimed at you. I'm sorry if I gave that impression.
I meant the general tendency here sometimes to find faults with good players as if we expect perfect performances every game and we've paid £50M for them.

No worries.
Fergy1927

Return to General Chat