Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Grealish gets punched

Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:26 pm

http://www.skysports.com/share/11660885

More of a slight shove really, but of course he went down as if he'd been shot - probably thinking a player had touched him and wanting a penalty .
You can't condone this sort of thing, but I must say ...if ever anyone wanted punching ....

Re: Birmingham fan attacks villa player

Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:31 pm

Another thing and anyone who this has happened to will know being punched from behind when you are not expecting it normally ends very badly. So it was lucky that idiot did not connect properly he probably didn't have it in him

Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:50 pm

thomasblue wrote:I think that's the first time I've seen Grealish go down from actual contact , I'm suprised he didn't hit the floor before the guy got to him.

Seriously though that guy should have a lifetime ban from all football grounds and a little spell in prison to make a example of him

You weren't at the 3-1 game in 2016 when Grealish was targeted by your assassins then?

Or watched the play off final last season when "football loving" Fulham kicked 10 barrels out of him?

Or even saw the 1st 5 minutes where their animal made his standard "let him know I'm here" challenge?

Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:53 pm

bluebird58 wrote:I know Grealish can be an irritating little t—t but he certainly isn’t worth jail time.

The cnut is probably on bail facing a long term sentence anyway for something already. I doubt even Blues fans are that stupid to expose themselves to 3+ years for nothing more than that.

Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:53 pm

Birmingham City FC already condemned the lout and say they will (a) be speaking to apologise to Jack Grealish, and (b) be issuing a life ban

With the authorities expecting to take the matter to the Courts (and we know how well they perceive football 'fans') I think the lout will be spending some time at Her Majesty's Pleasure

I'm no Jack Grealish fan (admire his ability, not his antics) but no footballer should be subjected to that and I have to say I thought he handled it very well under the circumstances, so credit to the lad (Grealish) :thumbright:

Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:59 pm

With the Hibs fan confronting Tavernier on friday night and now this incident today , football authorities need to step in quickly.
The environment has changed at football with many, many families now attending, we dont want to go back to the 80's.
Not to harsh to consider a ground closure to nip this in the bud.

Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:04 pm

Last laugh Grealish haha moronic fan

Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:12 pm

BAMBA CREW wrote:Last laugh Grealish haha moronic fan

We always have the last laugh.

You could have written the script.

Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:14 pm

Worryingly, especially at away games, we seem to have any number of drugged up, pissed up fruitloops who probably think this idiot is someone to aspire to.

Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:31 pm

davids wrote:Worryingly, especially at away games, we seem to have any number of drugged up, pissed up fruitloops who probably think this idiot is someone to aspire to.

More worryingly is how would they feel if they were given a completely free shot while the other person has their back turned and they end up throwing a pathetic punch like that. I've been bitch slapped harder than that. :lol:

Unbelievably, the prat has 3 kids. They must be really proud of their dad.

Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:36 pm

AV3 wrote:
thomasblue wrote:I think that's the first time I've seen Grealish go down from actual contact , I'm suprised he didn't hit the floor before the guy got to him.

Seriously though that guy should have a lifetime ban from all football grounds and a little spell in prison to make a example of him

You weren't at the 3-1 game in 2016 when Grealish was targeted by your assassins then?

Or watched the play off final last season when "football loving" Fulham kicked 10 barrels out of him?

Or even saw the 1st 5 minutes where their animal made his standard "let him know I'm here" challenge?

I know I know ,I feel sooo sorry for him . He needs more protection from referees. It's not like it is a contact sport or anything. Nobody has the right to get a bit physical or even try and tackle poor Jack during a game. I mean who do they think they are ?

Why do these opposition players feel they are ok to try and take the ball off little Jack when hes trying to play footy ?

So wrong ,lets all start a petition to bring in a rule stating tackles are not allowed if he has the ball, that way we can be sure he is protected

Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:40 pm

No surprise that he went down with close to no contact....

However jokes aside, especially in that City where knife crime seems rife atm, this could have been so so much worse! Stewards doing what exactly?

Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:40 pm

thomasblue wrote:
AV3 wrote:

I know I know ,I feel sooo sorry for him . He needs more protection from referees. It's not like it is a contact sport or anything. Nobody has the right to get a bit physical or even try and tackle poor Jack during a game. I mean who do they think they are ?

Why do these opposition players feel they are ok to try and take the ball off little Jack when hes trying to play footy ?

So wrong ,lets all start a petition to bring in a rule stating tackles are not allowed if he has the ball, that way we can be sure he is protected

More importantly, why is he still the most fouled player in the division, despite missing the last 3 months?

It is sooo unfair that he's too quick for Championship defenders isn't it? Let them scythe him instead because it's a contact sport. In fact, let's throw the rule book out of the window and allow any challenge because it's a contact sport. :lol:

Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:58 pm

AV3 wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
AV3 wrote:

More importantly, why is he still the most fouled player in the division, despite missing the last 3 months?

It is sooo unfair that he's too quick for Championship defenders isn't it? Let them scythe him instead because it's a contact sport. In fact, let's throw the rule book out of the window and allow any challenge because it's a contact sport. :lol:

Hes not the most fouled player, he goes down when someone farts near him. Most of these "fouls" are very dubious.
Yes there are occasions when he gets targeted and marked out of games. That is natural for a gifted player which he undoubtedly is but teams dont go out to hurt him like you suggest. Hes good but ain't that good!

Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:00 pm

AV3 wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
AV3 wrote:

Should really be playing in the Premier League but would need to leave Villa to do that as they're going nowhere for a while.

Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:08 pm

thomasblue wrote:
AV3 wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
AV3 wrote:

Hes not the most fouled player, he goes down when someone farts near him. Most of these "fouls" are very dubious.
Yes there are occasions when he gets targeted and marked out of games. That is natural for a gifted player which he undoubtedly is but teams dont go out to hurt him like you suggest. Hes good but ain't that good!

He is that good - You just don't see him every week.

He is the most fouled player according to refs, NOT armchair refs like you.

He has no need to go down when playing against defenders from the likes of Cardiff etc - He will run rings around them all day long.

Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:15 pm

davids wrote:
AV3 wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
AV3 wrote:

Should really be playing in the Premier League but would need to leave Villa to do that as they're going nowhere for a while.

Fouls are just stats about how many free kicks he wins? Only a one eyed villa fan can say he doesnt fall over very easily to win a kick just like most players do! That foul at beginning player played ball 1st and poor goolash went through him as player slid in from side free kick but nothing like way he reacted which as been his way for years. But fair play he just gets up and carries on his work done. :old:

Re: Grealish gets punched

Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:20 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:http://www.skysports.com/share/11660885

More of a slight shove really, but of course he went down as if he'd been shot - probably thinking a player had touched him and wanting a penalty .
You can't condone this sort of thing, but I must say ...if ever anyone wanted punching ....

You’d define that as a ‘slight shove’? When have you ever clenched your fist and swung your arm to ‘slightly shove’ anything?

Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:21 pm

Love to see him try that with Gunnarsson.

Idiot should face gaol time for that and a lifetime ban from attending football matches

Grealish has the last laugh then a steward kicked him! You couldn’t make it up!

Re: VIDEO: Birmingham fan attacks villa player

Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:34 pm

There’s another video doing the rounds too, after he scores the winner he gets kneed by a steward and the steward gets carted off by the cops, embarrassing day for Birmingham City

Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:44 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
davids wrote:
AV3 wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
AV3 wrote:

Fouls are just stats about how many free kicks he wins? Only a one eyed villa fan can say he doesnt fall over very easily to win a kick just like most players do! That foul at beginning player played ball 1st and poor goolash went through him as player slid in from side free kick but nothing like way he reacted which as been his way for years. But fair play he just gets up and carries on his work done. :old:

If you genuinely believe that and are not looking for a bite then you are a fcukin idiot.

Grealish is targeted and gets kicked to pieces most games - It is not coincidence and it is not him "falling over". That foul at the start of the game was almost waist height. Anyone who thinks it was fair, a "mans game" or anything else clearly knows nothing about football whatsoever.

Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:00 pm

AV3 wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
AV3 wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
AV3 wrote:

He is that good - You just don't see him every week.

He is the most fouled player according to refs, NOT armchair refs like you.

He has no need to go down when playing against defenders from the likes of Cardiff etc - He will run rings around them all day long.

Yeah those PREMIER LEAGUE defenders at Cardiff are awful.

What league does Grealish play in again ?

How many teams put the money up for him when you were relegated ?

How many international caps does he have ?

Why is he still struggling away at a mid table championship team if he is that good ?

You need to come to terms with the fact both Aston Villa and Jack Grealish in reality are championship standard.

Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:06 pm

Incidents like this always amaze me, just how stupid can a person be to think this is a good idea?

Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:11 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:Incidents like this always amaze me, just how stupid can a person be to think this is a good idea?

I wouldn't mind betting he's on bail and looking at 3+ for something else. He's done this knowing he's going down for some time anyway - Another free shot if you like. This incident is going to be 3 years minimum anyway - Nobody is going to do that for a bit of fame for 5 minutes.

Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:27 pm

I am sure the letter of the law will be enacted for this bozo, this and the incident in Scotland needs to be stamped out immediately, we can not go back to the old ways.

As for Grealish, I really do admire his decision to stick with his hometown club,albeit a premiership club tossing around in the championship. On a monetary front he is probably on more than any city player its how long they can sustain that salary and how long he wants to stay in the second tier. He may like being a flat track championship tormentor.

I am not sure where he could go, not sure he is top 6 but Everton, west ham, Leicester or Watford would be good progression.

When i look at the Wolves ownership i guess it was a lot cheaper to buy them over a villa, but that is the only way i can see Grealish fulfilling his potential with villa.

Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:07 pm

Grealish is good but lacks pace, otherwise he’d be in the PL.
Comes across as a decent guy.
Remember Brum in 95.. that was lively

Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:49 pm

Well and truly out of order

Cowardly attack.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:19 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Well and truly out of order

Cowardly attack.

Agree Annis.

I’m not Grealish’s biggest fan, but no need for this. Some football fans are laughing about it?? Yet everyone went mental when Cantona got his own back on a fan.

That Birmingham bloke will probably do time for it, and rightly so.

Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:20 pm

What a snide prick, that's embarrassing for everyone concerned with BCFC.

Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:55 pm

CF31 Company wrote:Yep if this carrys on the fences will go back up. As mentioned by other posters mix in knife crime and similar incidents it won't end well unfortunately.

I think you're right! Disgusting