PM off to Strasbourg. Why not Brussels?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby maccydee » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:41 pm

So the PM is travelling to Strasbourg for the latest leg of her attempt to deal with the snakes of the EU.

Why Strasbourg not Brussels you may ask?

Well the whole EU machine moves to Strasbourg from Brussels for four days a month to keep the French happy. When I say whole EU machine that means everything.

Costs the EU about 100 million a year to do that. That’s your money and my money that is. Hopefully not for much longer.
maccydee

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: PM off to Strasbourg. Why not Brussels?

Postby snoopystorm » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:46 pm

Only if it goes through as no deal, any other deal still has us footing a reduced bill to the EU :banghead:
Once a Bluebird, Always a bluebird
snoopystorm

Postby wez1927 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:48 pm

Just leave and see the eu change there tune,we should be invoking article 24 of wto
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby maccydee » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:08 pm

snoopystorm wrote:Only if it goes through as no deal, any other deal still has us footing a reduced bill to the EU :banghead:

Sadly you are right.

But not forever.
maccydee

Postby Bluebina » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:20 pm

wez1927 wrote:Just leave and see the eu change there tune,we should be invoking article 24 of wto

Too right, never trust the French or the rest ............
Bluebina

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:38 pm

Bluebina wrote:
wez1927 wrote:Just leave and see the eu change there tune,we should be invoking article 24 of wto

Read interesting article from lord fortè he prefers no deal as whilst it be hard for year or two things will straighten out and we will be far better off? Also there are lot of high end buisness owners who feel same but wont speak out because of damage their businesses may encure before brexit ..
pembroke allan

Postby Stevejonesfrom62 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:57 pm

Far better off can some one explain how
Stevejonesfrom62

Postby wez1927 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:59 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

Read interesting article from lord fortè he prefers no deal as whilst it be hard for year or two things will straighten out and we will be far better off? Also there are lot of high end buisness owners who feel same but wont speak out because of damage their businesses may encure before brexit ..

Business want certainly
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby Sneggyblubird » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:09 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

How do you know if they're not speaking out? :lol: An ITK Brexiteer, another first for this forum. :lol:
Sneggyblubird

Postby rumpo kid » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:23 pm

Read interesting article from lord fortè he prefers no deal as whilst it be hard for year or two things will straighten out and we will be far better off? Also there are lot of high end buisness owners who feel same but wont speak out because of damage their businesses may encure before brexit ..[/quote]

How do you know if they're not speaking out? :lol: An ITK Brexiteer, another first for this forum. :lol:[/quote]

He doesn’t. Forte said it in his interview....lol.another wooden top remoaner, sadly not a first for this forum.
rumpo kid

they change location of EU parliament every 6 weeks

Postby ReesWestonSuperMare » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:36 pm

The EU Parliament changes location every 6 weeks from Brussels to Strasbourg. This is a weird and mad waste of time and money. When it was setup they couldnt decide where to locate it - so every 6 weeks they change. Everything gets shifted , all the paper work , all the offices, all the staff everything.

Always found it ironic that it is a Parliament that cant create any laws. The laws come from the EU Commission, so all the MEPs in the Parliament can do - is talk about what someone else has decided to do. They can send laws back to be re thought (that is rare though).

The EU parliament approves the laws made by someone else (the commission) and they then send it back to the various country parliaments and tell tell them to made it into local law.

That's the way I understand it anyway
ReesWestonSuperMare

Postby Sneggyblubird » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:58 pm

rumpo kid wrote:Read interesting article from lord fortè he prefers no deal as whilst it be hard for year or two things will straighten out and we will be far better off? Also there are lot of high end buisness owners who feel same but wont speak out because of damage their businesses may encure before brexit ..

How do you know if they're not speaking out? :lol: An ITK Brexiteer, another first for this forum. :lol:[/quote]

He doesn’t. Forte said it in his interview....lol.another wooden top remoaner, sadly not a first for this forum.[/quote]

Steady on fella,I've never accused any brexiteer as being thick as shit so don't spoil it now. :lol:
Sneggyblubird

Postby ElyBoy1984 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:05 pm

May seems an awful negotiator. I fear Nothing will come from this, apart from further embarrassment for Britain.
ElyBoy1984

Postby maccydee » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:31 pm

I want a people’s vote.

May’s deal or no deal.
maccydee

Postby epping blue » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:40 am

ElyBoy1984 wrote:May seems an awful negotiator. I fear Nothing will come from this, apart from further embarrassment for Britain.

Its an impossible job where her hands are tied behind her back by two thirds of parliament determined to frustrate the will of the people.

Ive been looking this week at the French Italian dispute over this new rail tunnel. The french are tunnelling on but the italians of all but stopped. The current Italian government considering they have better tthings to spend the money on.

What interested me was that the Italians are only paying 25% and the french are only paying 25%. The other 50%l is being picked up by you, I and the rest of the EU. Probably did the same for the Channel Tunnel you say. Not at all, they contributed next to nothing towards the construction of the channel tunnel, the cost of which was almost all privately funded.

Why cant two stalwarts of the EU do the same for this tunnel. Why would they bother when the money from Brussels is free.
epping blue

Postby maccydee » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:48 am

epping blue wrote:
ElyBoy1984 wrote:May seems an awful negotiator. I fear Nothing will come from this, apart from further embarrassment for Britain.

Its an impossible job where her hands are tied behind her back by two thirds of parliament determined to frustrate the will of the people.

Ive been looking this week at the French Italian dispute over this new rail tunnel. The french are tunnelling on but the italians of all but stopped. The current Italian government considering they have better tthings to spend the money on.

What interested me was that the Italians are only paying 25% and the french are only paying 25%. The other 50%l is being picked up by you, I and the rest of the EU. Probably did the same for the Channel Tunnel you say. Not at all, they contributed next to nothing towards the construction of the channel tunnel, the cost of which was almost all privately funded.

Why cant two stalwarts of the EU do the same for this tunnel. Why would they bother when the money from Brussels is free.

Both are skint is why.
maccydee

Postby epping blue » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:14 am

maccydee wrote:
epping blue wrote:

Both are skint is why.

No external entity willing to invest. Whatever happens with Brexit, however well or badly it goes, Britain in 10 years will still be getting more external investment ( PRIVAATE ) than France and certainly Italy. I'm not necessarily a great supporter of using external investment to judge all this, but its possible reduction is constantly used by remainers in their argument.

Oh and in 10 years, however it goes, you'll still be 10 x more likely to find an Eastern European serve your meal or drink or attend to your plumbing in London than Paris. Country of Liberty - My arse.
epping blue

Postby Bluebina » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:15 am

maccydee wrote:I want a people’s vote.

May’s deal or no deal.

You've had your chance no more votes, we're going out!!!
Bluebina

Postby maccydee » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:32 am

Bluebina wrote:
maccydee wrote:I want a people’s vote.

May’s deal or no deal.

You've had your chance no more votes, we're going out!!!

If today doesn’t pass (which I don’t think it will) then there will be more of a clamor from the remoaners for a second vote. This I agree with (if today doesn’t pass) but there should be no option to stay on the ballot and it should be May’s deal or no deal. Both options to leave and they should be legally binding.
maccydee

Postby CCFCJosh75 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:31 am

Funny that everyone is annoyed at something that costs a few pence per person but no one mentions the costs that one person (Chris Grayling) has caused us or all the car companies leaving.
CCFCJosh75

Postby maccydee » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:32 pm

CCFCJosh75 wrote:Funny that everyone is annoyed at something that costs a few pence per person but no one mentions the costs that one person (Chris Grayling) has caused us or all the car companies leaving.

What costs a few pence per person?
maccydee

Postby rumpo kid » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:13 pm

He doesn’t. Forte said it in his interview....lol.another wooden top remoaner, sadly not a first for this forum.[/quote]

Steady on fella,I've never accused any brexiteer as being thick as shit so don't spoil it now. :lol:[/quote]

Side splitting indeed.
rumpo kid

Postby CCFCJosh75 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:14 pm

maccydee wrote:What costs a few pence per person?

The £100 mill to move to Strasbourg from the first post.
CCFCJosh75

Postby CF14-SE14 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:30 pm

CCFCJosh75 wrote:

I thought we were getting a 100 million for the NHS ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Never believe a Brexiteer :banghead:
BLUEBIRDS - GLEISION
CF14-SE14

Postby maccydee » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:59 pm

CCFCJosh75 wrote:

Oh that makes it ok then.

I wish it was the only complete waste of money the EU is responsible for.
maccydee

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:13 pm

CF14-SE14 wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:

I thought we were getting a 100 million for the NHS ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And the apocalyptic disasters remainers said would happen have come true have they? Never trust a remainer! :banghead:
pembroke allan

Postby Sven » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:57 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
CF14-SE14 wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:

And the apocalyptic disasters remainers said would happen have come true have they? Never trust a remainer! :banghead:

The so called 'Remainers' apparently told no untruths and didnt paint an apocalyptic picture, so they clearly have the moral high ground to "cry foul" and 'Project Fear' was a figment of our imaginations

Aye, whatever! :lol:

The only thing that the 'Remainers' have proven is that they are sore losers and unable to accept the will of the democratic majority

To be fair, the 'people' (no matter of which persuasion) have been royally stitched up by the politicians of both the EU and the UK and history will not perceive them well :(
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:22 pm

Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
CF14-SE14 wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:

The so called 'Remainers' apparently told no untruths and didnt paint an apocalyptic picture, so they clearly have the moral high ground to "cry foul" and 'Project Fear' was a figment of our imaginations

The only thing that the 'Remainers' have proven is that they are sore losers and unable to accept the will of the democratic majority

To be fair, the 'people' (no matter of which persuasion) have been royally stitched up by the politicians of both the EU and the UK and history will not perceive them well :(

This backstop crap is an excuse to stop brexit now after tonight they'll be screaming for peoples vote with the option to remain in eu? Knowing full well that vote will go in their favour! Democracy whats that? :evil:
pembroke allan

Postby Bluebina » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:03 am

pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
CF14-SE14 wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:

This backstop crap is an excuse to stop brexit now after tonight they'll be screaming for peoples vote with the option to remain in eu? Knowing full well that vote will go in their favour! Democracy whats that? :evil:

It's starting to look that way, either that or a shit soft half Brexit, you can't trust the French or the rest of Europe, or any politician!!!

We are being well and truly screwed !!!!
Bluebina

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:16 pm

Bluebina wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
CF14-SE14 wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:

It's starting to look that way, either that or a shit soft half Brexit, you can't trust the French or the rest of Europe, or any politician!!!

We are being well and truly screwed !!!!

Think so unless something strange happens with the mp's think we should just telll junkers ect ect to and we'll take no deal that will scerew them more than us
pembroke allan

Next

Return to General Chat