ITV News at 6

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ITV News at 6

Postby CF31 Company » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:29 pm

We must be the only region in the UK where by the local news programme doesn't report on their local PL team?

Plenty of updates on the rugby (no problem with that) but come on! A massive win for us on Saturday why no coverage?
CF31 Company

ITV News at 6

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ITV News at 6

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:42 pm

CF31 Company wrote:We must be the only region in the UK where by the local news programme doesn't report on their local PL team?

Plenty of updates on the rugby (no problem with that) but come on! A massive win for us on Saturday why no coverage?

Because footy doesnt exist while odd ball playing game is around! Ffs they are analysing next saturdays game already, on radio wales its taken over every programme . Tired of hearing about it tbh. :evil:
pembroke allan

Postby Sneggyblubird » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:16 pm

Have you ever considered that International Rugby is one of the last bastions of free to air sport.Bound to be more reporting.
Sneggyblubird

Postby Tuna Pasta Bake » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:41 pm

Actually there is a general bias issue in my view which has been inherent for several years in the Welsh TV media.
Wales egg has always taken precedence but what really gets to me is the disparity in coverage given to the main 2 football teams.
When the Jacks were in the Prem they got wall to wall coverage/ reporting slots several times a week on BBC Wales Today news.
However, now Wales' capital city has a club in the Prem we get just a fraction of that coverage. It only increased when the poor lad Sala tragically died.
Piss poor, shocking, tin pot, amateurish, disdainful attitude to Cardiff City by the (presumably Jack supporting) editorial/ production team at BBC Wales sport/news. What a joke BBC Wales is as a media organisation.
Tuna Pasta Bake

Postby Bluebird For Life » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:53 pm

I am no fan of the BBC but on their bulletin tonight they reached a new low - several different reports on the egg and a small shout out to a woman's university football team who won their league, but not a single mention of any of our professional clubs. That is an utter disgrace - how can the sports department justify their existence if that is all they can come up with as news stories when we have 3 football league clubs and Wrexham were playing Leyton Orient in the top of the table clash in the National League which probably attracted a bigger crowd than all the rugby teams put together. The sports editor should be fired with immediate effect. How anyone can say there is no bias is beyond me :( :( :(
Bluebird For Life

Postby llan bluebird » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:37 pm

Live Premier league - Sky
Live Championship - Sky

Live Six nation - BBC and HTV, guess which sport they promote.

Of course its so hip to be feminist so women's football is a must.

Both stopped being genuine news outlets years ago, just channel advertising services and special interests "news" because they have to have news bulletins by law so fill it up with their organisations world view.
llan bluebird

Postby pengamblue » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:37 pm

Bluebird For Life wrote:I am no fan of the BBC but on their bulletin tonight they reached a new low - several different reports on the egg and a small shout out to a woman's university football team who won their league, but not a single mention of any of our professional clubs. That is an utter disgrace - how can the sports department justify their existence if that is all they can come up with as news stories when we have 3 football league clubs and Wrexham were playing Leyton Orient in the top of the table clash in the National League which probably attracted a bigger crowd than all the rugby teams put together. The sports editor should be fired with immediate effect. How anyone can say there is no bias is beyond me :( :( :(

itv and bbc coverage of rugby is embarassing toal bias to the egg cardiff city in the premier league does,nt exist you are a
disgrace BBC AND ITV WE ALL DONT FOLLOW RUGBY GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER
pengamblue

Postby dogfound » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:48 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:Have you ever considered that International Rugby is one of the last bastions of free to air sport.Bound to be more reporting.

but its always been like this.
dogfound

Postby JulesK » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:59 am

The new presenter Kylie is nice though :D
Keeping the Faith since '74.
JulesK

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:54 am

pembroke allan wrote:
CF31 Company wrote:We must be the only region in the UK where by the local news programme doesn't report on their local PL team?

Because footy doesnt exist while odd ball playing game is around! Ffs they are analysing next saturdays game already, on radio wales its taken over every programme . Tired of hearing about it tbh. :evil:

Totally agree with you, thats why I can't stand the egg and have detested it since the 70's.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby fred keenor » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:30 pm

Stopped watched bbc wales and itv wales news years ago because of their bias to the egg.
Unfortunately it will never change.
fred keenor

Postby WelshPatriot » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:13 pm

To be fair Cardiff result was reported on Saturdays news and Sundays news they also don't have access to footage of the games. A full hours show MOTD was on BBC Wales Saturday night showing highlights of all premier league games it was also repeated on BBC Wales Sunday morning.

Like it or not the International team on the verge of winning a grand slam in a World cup year is bigger sports news in Wales and I imagine most countries would be the same Including England if they were going for the grand slam.

Ask yourself this would you have grumbled the same if the main article had been about Wales performance in the euro's overshadowing a Cardiff result?? Or is it purely because it's a sport you happen to not like.
WelshPatriot

Postby dogfound » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:50 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:To be fair Cardiff result was reported on Saturdays news and Sundays news they also don't have access to footage of the games. A full hours show MOTD was on BBC Wales Saturday night showing highlights of all premier league games it was also repeated on BBC Wales Sunday morning.

Like it or not the International team on the verge of winning a grand slam in a World cup year is bigger sports news in Wales and I imagine most countries would be the same Including England if they were going for the grand slam.

Ask yourself this would you have grumbled the same if the main article had been about Wales performance in the euro's overshadowing a Cardiff result?? Or is it purely because it's a sport you happen to not like.

no.. other countries would not be the same, certainly not England .kid yourself all you want..
dogfound

Postby Nuclearblue » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:17 pm

And this Ladies and Gentlemen is why many of us have a problem with the thugby. f**k em
Nuclearblue

Postby WelshPatriot » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:31 am

dogfound wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:To be fair Cardiff result was reported on Saturdays news and Sundays news they also don't have access to footage of the games. A full hours show MOTD was on BBC Wales Saturday night showing highlights of all premier league games it was also repeated on BBC Wales Sunday morning.

no.. other countries would not be the same, certainly not England .kid yourself all you want..

Your kidding yourself mate if you've got sky put BBC NI news on or radio Ulster they are talking about the rugby as they are very much in it. England rugby were all over the news in England up until the Wales beating.
Seriously you believe if England were heading the table going for a grand slam in a World cup year you think Man City vs Watford would be the headline sports news lol come on.
WelshPatriot

Postby dogfound » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:25 am

WelshPatriot wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Your kidding yourself mate if you've got sky put BBC NI news on or radio Ulster they are talking about the rugby as they are very much in it. England rugby were all over the news in England up until the Wales beating.
Seriously you believe if England were heading the table going for a grand slam in a World cup year you think Man City vs Watford would be the headline sports news lol come on.

yes they all talk about rugby , i didnt say differently..
but it does not dominate the news like it does here never has and never will.
dogfound

Postby since64 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:55 am

Rugby is a minority sport in England and only gets the news coverage because of the bbc agenda, you can put news in front of people but it doesn’t mean they take any noticeable interest in it.What I do wonder is how the British people have allowed the bbc to go down this particular road of only keeping rugby tennis and the Olympics and getting us to pay for it :banghead:
since64

Postby Gaynor Straight » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:58 am

The difference is that the regional BBC and ITV channels in Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland are also the national channels, so a national team will always get more coverage. There isn't an equivalent BBC England so you will never see the same level of national rugby coverage on say Points West or Midlands Today.
Gaynor Straight

Postby since64 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:18 am

Gaynor Straight wrote:The difference is that the regional BBC and ITV channels in Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland are also the national channels, so a national team will always get more coverage. There isn't an equivalent BBC England so you will never see the same level of national rugby coverage on say Points West or Midlands Today.

And that’s how it should be,the English regional rugby news coverage l would imagine reflects the regional interest,but I can’t believe there is much interest in rugby news in Nothern Ireland or Scotland to be honest.
since64

Postby dogfound » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:19 am

Gaynor Straight wrote:The difference is that the regional BBC and ITV channels in Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland are also the national channels, so a national team will always get more coverage. There isn't an equivalent BBC England so you will never see the same level of national rugby coverage on say Points West or Midlands Today.

our national football team doesnt get anywhere near the same coverage.
dogfound

Postby Gaynor Straight » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:33 am

since64 wrote:

And that’s how it should be,the English regional rugby news coverage l would imagine reflects the regional interest,but I can’t believe there is much interest in rugby news in Nothern Ireland or Scotland to be honest.

Welsh Patriots' post seems to suggest otherwise.
Gaynor Straight

Postby since64 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:36 am

Gaynor Straight wrote:
since64 wrote:

Welsh Patriots' post seems to suggest otherwise.

I think it’s a case of his rugby heart ruling his head :lol:
since64

Return to General Chat