“ Barry Town United... Reborn from the ashes. “

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:59 pm

CONGRATULATIONS BARRY TOWN :thumbright:

Barry Town United... Reborn from the ashes. Promotion after promotion, established ourselves in the Welsh Premier League and have just qualified for the Europa League!!

A wild, whirlwind of a journey that has only just started! #UnbelievableBarryTown
Attachments
4C4A0AAC-4936-4691-9FDE-BB96C497E6AA.jpeg
4C4A0AAC-4936-4691-9FDE-BB96C497E6AA.jpeg (196.45 KiB) Viewed 4488 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: “ Barry Town United... Reborn from the ashes. “

Postby clemoza » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:11 pm

:occasion5: UPPA TOWN :occasion5: There I am arms aloft below left of the dude in blue.

As a Barry & Cardiff season ticket holder (Already renewed in the Ninian for next season rain or shine) It would be amazing if we could see some bluebirds that live the Barry side of Cardiff to come and watch us!

Make Barry your welsh league side! :occasion5:
clemoza

Postby Sven » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:31 pm

clemoza wrote::occasion5: UPPA TOWN :occasion5: There I am arms aloft below left of the dude in blue.

As a Barry & Cardiff season ticket holder (Already renewed in the Ninian for next season rain or shine) It would be amazing if we could see some bluebirds that live the Barry side of Cardiff to come and watch us!

Great to see them back to a decent level that is befitting of their history and successful battle to survive :clap:

SamRean and his dad are locals and regular Barry Town attendees (City games permitting) :thumbright:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby thomasblue » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:55 pm

I've never forgiven them for beating us in the Welsh cup final at the old Arms Park in the 90s

It was late winner aswell
thomasblue

Postby Sven » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:57 pm

thomasblue wrote:I've never forgiven them for beating us in the Welsh cup final at the old Arms Park in the 90s

I was there... :cry:

It was 1993/94 and the 'promise' of the Rick Wright era was gripping the Welsh capital. City, however, finished the season in 19th place in Division Two (now League One) but did have a brief sojourn into the European Cup Winners Cup, as Welsh Cup winners the previous year

That saw us lose 8-3 on aggregate to Belgium team Standard Liege but was a privilege that was soon to stopped by some pretty selfish and self-interested parties that included the FAW itself and Alun Evans in particular :(

Phil Stant scored the City goal and we thought we only had to turn up to take the trophy but Andy Beattie's Barry Town had other ideas and took the trophy home with a late goal in front of a c.16,000 crowd :clap:
Attachments
Barry Town FC.jpg
Barry Town FC.jpg (110.73 KiB) Viewed 4219 times
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Dazzy » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:20 pm

Sven wrote:
thomasblue wrote:I've never forgiven them for beating us in the Welsh cup final at the old Arms Park in the 90s

I was there... :cry:

It was 1993/94 and the 'promise' of the Rick Wright era was gripping the Welsh capital. City, however, finished the season in 19th place in Division Two (now League One) but did have a brief sojourn into the European Cup Winners Cup, as Welsh Cup winners the previous year

That saw us lose 8-3 on aggregate to Belgium team Standard Liege but was a privilege that was soon to stopped by some pretty selfish and self-interested parties that included the FAW itself and Alun Evans in particular :(

Phil Stant scored the City goal and we thought we only had to turn up to take the trophy but Andy Beattie's Barry Town had other ideas and took the trophy home with a late goal in front of a c.16,000 crowd :clap:

I remember that well. “Where’s the money gone?, where’s the money gone?” Protests after the game and all that.

The Barry lads at school didn’t shut up for weeks!
Who needs Cantona, when we’ve got Stantona?
Dazzy

Postby Caerphillyblue1927 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:53 pm

I work with their keeper Mike Lewis, top bloke he is too.
Caerphillyblue1927

Postby noisycat » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:27 pm

Congratulations to the Town ! I go down there when I can and when it doesn’t clash with the City. The Town’s kick off times have been messed around this season as a result of S4C, a bit like Sky.
noisycat

Postby hotwings » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:30 pm

I’ve watched them quite a bit this season as my mate Jonny Hood plays for them. Went along to support him initially but have really enjoyed every game. Definitely worth a look if you are close and there is no city game!
hotwings

Postby Dahboy » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:37 pm

Fantastic effort :clap:
Dahboy

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:23 am

:thumbright:
Attachments
67275E36-467D-43C7-8979-9E3080C0C29D.jpeg
67275E36-467D-43C7-8979-9E3080C0C29D.jpeg (342.5 KiB) Viewed 2832 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby bluebird58 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:08 pm

Macauley Southam-Hales, formerly from the Bluebirds Development squad , dropped down to play for Barry for the last couple of seasons and has now been signed by Fleetwood in the EFL. Rhys (?) Abbruzzi has recently joined Barry from Cardiff too. Christian Doidge at Forest Green also spent time at Barry. They have a good record of developing young players recently. As I live in Barry I often go when the Bluebirds are away. £7 for adults, £5 seniors and £3 for kids
First game Cardiff v Coventry City 1967
bluebird58

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:54 pm

One of my mates play for them. Troy Greening, cracking player.
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby Dahboy » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:42 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:One of my mates play for them. Troy Greening, cracking player.

I asked him he said he'd never heard of you :lol:
Dahboy

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:31 pm

Dahboy wrote:
CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:One of my mates play for them. Troy Greening, cracking player.

I asked him he said he'd never heard of you :lol:

Off again is he :clap:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby JPCCFC » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:45 pm

I've watched them most home games this season, my boy is in the squad. Always a good game. There's a couple of ex city academy lads playing for them :bluescarf:
JPCCFC

Postby banana bob » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:26 pm

Well done Barry but wouldn't they be better off in the pyramid system? Always thought of league of Wales as a bit of a joke league watched by one man and his dog with nowhere to progress from made up with league clubs rejects. Good luck to them though but with a big catchment are and a ground development they could do far better than that league.
banana bob

Postby Dahboy » Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:08 pm

Sven wrote:
clemoza wrote::occasion5: UPPA TOWN :occasion5: There I am arms aloft below left of the dude in blue.

Great to see them back to a decent level that is befitting of their history and successful battle to survive :clap:

SamRean and his dad are locals and regular Barry Town attendees (City games permitting) :thumbright:

What history?
Dahboy

Postby Knotty10 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:32 pm

I remember going away to play Kiev with shevchenko and rebrov in the side. Fond memories
Knotty10

Return to General Chat