Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ BRIGHTON & CARDIFF: THE RUN IN “

Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:30 pm

It’s obvious now that the final relegation place is between Cardiff City, who are on 28 points with a -35 goal difference, and Brighton & Hove Albion, who are on 33 points with a -19 goal difference.

Cardiff have five games remaining, while Brighton have six.

The two teams meet on Tuesday in a crucial match.

Here is the run-in after that match:

BRIGHTON & HOVE ALBION REMAINING FIXTURES

Sat, 20th April (3pm) - Wolves v BRIGHTON & HOVE ALBION

Tues, 23rd April (7.45pm) - Tottenham Hotspur v BRIGHTON & HOVE ALBION

Sat, 27th April (5.30pm) - BRIGHTON & HOVE ALBION v Newcastle United

Sat, 4th May (3pm) - Arsenal v BRIGHTON & HOVE ALBION

Sun, 12th May (3pm) - BRIGHTON & HOVE ALBION v Manchester City

CARDIFF CITY REMAINING FIXTURES

Sun, 21st April (4pm) - CARDIFF CITY v Liverpool

Sat, 27th April (3pm) - Fulham v CARDIFF CITY

Sat, 4th May (5.30pm) - CARDIFF CITY v Crystal Palace

Sun, 12th May (3pm) - Manchester United v CARDIFF CITY

Re: “ BRIGHTON & CARDIFF: THE RUN IN “

Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:44 pm

I honestly believe we can still stay up !!! :bluescarf: :bluebird: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:03 pm

need 9 points to stand chance loose tuesday its done

Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:12 pm

No doubt I'll be accused of being negative but so be it. We've struggled for goals all season and especially on the road - this was evident again today.
How can we hope to survive when we're so bloody toothless up front?
I'm afraid it would be a minor miracle if we stayed up from here.

My main reasons are our lack of goal threat and dreadful goal difference.
We also appear to be on the end of too many poor decisions by officials and general rotten luck!

Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:17 pm

I have a sneaky feeling we are going to just about do this.

We will win on Tuesday we are due some luck

Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:15 pm

I truly hope so. We just have to throw the bloody kitchen sink at it and take some risks.

Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:53 pm

It's all on Tuesday, win and we really put the pressure on them and they do seem to be in a bit of a free fall.

It will be tough but it's not totally unrealistic for us to win Fulham away who we put a few past at home and Palace at home.

If it comes to needing a point at old Trafford I wouldn't rule that out either.

Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:02 pm

People often say that a match is a must win.
BUT the game against Brighton is just that!
Win and we might well stay up....lose or draw and I think we are down.
Let's be positive and try to win it. Scoring first would be a nice change!
:bluebird:

Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:08 pm

Lengee wrote:People often say that a match is a must win.

I hate the term must win, Infact had a heated debate about it a few months ago lol.
This really is tho.

Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:37 pm

ch1ppy82 wrote:need 9 points to stand chance loose tuesday its done

Agree .

Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:47 am

Win Tuesday and I think we will have the momentum and pip Brighton, their confidence is draining by the week and pressure will mount if we close the gap. Lose or draw and we're virtually down, every player has got to play out of their skin and not just a few such as today. Our season so far is on this game and I just hope it's not going to be 4 meaningless games after Tuesday, win and there's everything to play for.

Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:32 am

2blue2handle wrote:It's all on Tuesday, win and we really put the pressure on them and they do seem to be in a bit of a free fall.

It will be tough but it's not totally unrealistic for us to win Fulham away who we put a few past at home and Palace at home.

If it comes to needing a point at old Trafford I wouldn't rule that out either.

Fair do’s that is about the most positive post I’ve seen for a long time.
For me, I’d say erring on the unrealistic though.
Of course I hope your right.

Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:37 am

This thread should be renamed straw clutching. I would describe us as being unofficially relegated at the moment, its only the mathematics to complete. Even if we do win, we'd still be two points behind Brighton and they have a game in hand. Yesterday was the last chance and we blew it through a mixture of not being good enough and bad luck from officials. I can't fault the honesty of the team and I am proud of them but they are simply not good enough. Good luck to those who travel on Tuesday but I fully expect a comfortable home win. No doubt they'll still be threads popping up that we can beat Liverpool to survive though!

Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:40 am

Would like to stay up, wouldnt be the end of my world if we went down.
What we all realise though is that whatever happens - we need to find 2 strikers asap for next season. Easier said than done obviously - and no doubt the neil and Co are looking. But - unless we find someone who can put the ball in the net - then we will always struggle to win "must win" matches.

I always though ken and Bobbi would be an ideal partnership - but cant recall them ever playing at the same time for more than a couple of minutes

Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:51 am

We have won just 8 from 33 games. Highly unlikely we will win 3 from 5, although it is only natural that we will keep grasping at straws until relegation is a mathematical certainty. In all probability we will be lucky to get another 4 points at most, but until our relegation is confirmed we live in hope. The fact we are still in with a chance with just a few games left shows the fighting spirit in the squad which to be fair, is not PL standard.

Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:07 am

After watching bha v Bournemouth on motd, I think we have a chance. 4 of the goals conceded came from awful mistakes when Brighton had possession, we need to be all over them with pace and I reckon they will buckle again. We CANNOT start slow and let them build back confidence....,do this and we are gone. My only worry is that after the officials at Chelsea and again Burnely, our players will be shot and disheartened by it all. Hope not, we need some fortune but you get the feeling the powers that be have already decided our fate. Will we be talking about more dodgy decisions come Wednesday......

Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:36 am

Let's face facts we are relegated. Couldn't score in a brothel.

Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:44 am

Brighton will beat Newcastle who'll be on the beach at that point.

Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:48 am

Brighton go to wolves aswell who bend over for anyone around us......they all seem to pick up the odd win when needed, saints, palace, Newcastle, Burnely....all of them....

Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:51 am

We need 3pts against Brighton, no question about it, Bournemouth threw us a massive life line yesterday with their win, and Knockaerts red card too, hopefully this is the start of Brighton’s downfall

Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:28 pm

If only draw won't mean relegation people are asumimgwont win 4 games but this is football and anything can happen? Teams have avoided relegation by winning 6 or 7 games at end season even against top 6 sides when didn't win that many in previous 20 odd games, not over until the proverbial lady sings last song? :laughing6:

Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:16 pm

As I said earlier, it is a must win on Tuesday and IF we can do that then it's all to play for.
BRIGHTON fans know it..... Have a look at their fans forum

AND I QUOTE
On our current form we’d not stand a hope in hell in winning any of those games. Cardiff are playing ok and have two winnable games.QUITE

Some even think we can draw and send them down (I dont).........

For me, even a draw on Tuesday night could spell disaster. Cardiff are capable of beating Fulham and Palace, I don’t see us getting anything from the remaining fixtures. How did it come to this.QUOTE

This one I really liked....... :thumbup:
Just had to explain to Jnr we're as good as relegated if we lose on Tuesday.

"But we'll win v Newcastle".
"What makes you say that?".
" Newcastle are rubbish".

"Sit down son, there's something I need to tell you".I

:laughing5: :laughing5: :thumbup:
HOPE THE ABOVE CHEERS A FEW OF YOU UP ......
WE CONTINUE TO HOPE! :bluebird:

Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:29 am

2blue2handle wrote:
Lengee wrote:People often say that a match is a must win.

I hate the term must win, Infact had a heated debate about it a few months ago lol.
This really is tho.

This really is a must win, if we are to have any hope at all we must win this one and at least one other and then pray !!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: