“ The officials today “

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ The officials today “

Postby worcester_ccfc » Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:59 pm

It seems Mike Dean overruled his assistant Referee to not award the penalty.

Leon Osman on Radio 5 Live said we should have had three penalties.

It’s shameful that we have to be talking about officials again.

Seen a few people on social media say that the handball at the start of the second half shouldn’t have been given as a penalty anyway. I don’t agree. The defender played the ball onto his arm - if Morrison or Manga did that, I’d expect a penalty to be given against us.

In our last three matches, two of those matches would have gone completely differently if we had VAR.

Not as bad as the officials from the Chelsea match, but yet again poor decisions have cost us.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

“ The officials today “

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: “ The officials today “

Postby thomasblue » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:24 pm

I dont think either handball incident was a penalty.

The first was hit too quickly and his hand was by his side in a natural position.

The second was a mistimed header which happened to hit his hand which again was in a natural position, it was accidental.

The Tackle on Gunnarsson by there left back I think was though. He missed the ball, left his leg out and contact was made. That was the only mistake the referee made all game in my opinion.
People have said the first goal was offside but dis not see that at the time so will be interesting to see a replay later

In fairness I thought the officials did a pretty good job
thomasblue

Postby worcester_ccfc » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:01 pm

thomasblue wrote:I dont think either handball incident was a penalty.

The first was hit too quickly and his hand was by his side in a natural position.

The second was a mistimed header which happened to hit his hand which again was in a natural position, it was accidental.

The Tackle on Gunnarsson by there left back I think was though. He missed the ball, left his leg out and contact was made. That was the only mistake the referee made all game in my opinion.
People have said the first goal was offside but dis not see that at the time so will be interesting to see a replay later

To be fair, I’ve only seen it all via a very grainy stream! Looked like handball from there (if you judge it on the penalty Man Utd got at PSG, which UEFA said was correct decision) but obviously I could be wrong

Will watch MOTD tonight to try and see it more clearly.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:09 am

thomasblue wrote:I dont think either handball incident was a penalty.

Your right about the handballs said same but explain why after saying he didn't see incident he overruled linesman who gave the pen dean clearly pointed to spot so didn't need to go over to linesman as got radio communication.... gunners one a pen all day thats not a mistake thats incompetence and suspect linesman couldn't fail to see it but didn't bother to flag why would he after being made look silly earlier.. :old:
pembroke allan

Return to General Chat