Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Is Arter banned for Tuesday?

Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:28 pm

After his booking at Burnley?

Re: Is Arter banned for Tuesday?

Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:45 pm

I believe it doesn’t count after the 32nd matchweek so I think we’ve dodged the bullet

Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:29 pm

Tomshort1927 wrote:I believe it doesn’t count after the 32nd matchweek so I think we’ve dodged the bullet

I thought you were wrong so had a look at the official Premier League line on it for the 2018/19 season:

Any player earning five bookings from his side's first 19 Premier League matches will have to serve a one-match ban in the same competition.

Players who accumulate 10 yellow cards in Premier League matches up to and including their sides' 32nd fixture will serve a two-match suspension in the competition.

I stand corrected :thumbright:

Good news that we’ll have him available for the rest of the season, unless he picks up an injury or a red card.

Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:11 pm

TEAM NEWS
Brighton have Pascal Gross and Solly March back in contention to face Cardiff on Tuesday.

Gross has been unavailable since 26 February because of a hamstring injury, while a calf problem ruled winger March out of the past two matches.

Anthony Knockaert is suspended as a result of his red card on Saturday.

Cardiff have no new injury concerns for this rearranged fixture, with Sol Bamba and Callum Paterson both long-term absentees.