Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ EDDIE MAY “

Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:28 pm

PAUL MAY:

“Seven years ago today we lost our Dad aged 67. He passed away at 3pm on a Saturday afternoon which throughout his career was his favourite time of the week.“
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ EDDIE MAY “

Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:48 am

Still sad for the May family and sad for those of us who remember Eddie as an iconic City manager who brought harmony and success to a then ailing club :cry:

A gentleman and an undoubted place in the Cardiff City Hall of Fame :clap: :notworthy: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluescarf:

Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:51 am

ahh the manager when i first set foot in ninian park the good old days miss them days was in devon when he died still gutted now brought me loads good memories over years

Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:27 am

Great days to be a city fan under Eddie. I will never forget Scunny away, it is my favourite away trip ever. RIP big man.

Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:37 pm

My favourite time as a city fan.

RIP Eddie May Cardiff legend

Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:11 pm

What's his name "Eddie Eddie Eddie May".
Cardiff legend and great times & memories.

Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:56 pm

If only Rick Wright had continued investment after promotion,Eddie had an excellent team, everything was set up to continue our progress but he just walked away.

Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:09 pm

fred keenor wrote:If only Rick Wright had continued investment after promotion,Eddie had an excellent team, everything was set up to continue our progress but he just walked away.

Agree, after years of freefall Eddie had a team on it's way up, a chairman who had the fans (and Echo) on his side and for a while it seemed the club could do no wrong then it seemed that overnight Rick Wright had lost interest and left. Eddie May goes down has one of our best managers and if only he had further investment how far could we could have gone. the games against Brentford and Burnley saw the fans flocking back to Ninian park and he certainly created a feel good factor.

Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:24 pm

Still remember the flags
"The darling buds of eddie may"
Doing the rounds.
Class at the time.

Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:24 pm

I loved those days, the crowds werent good, we had bugger all money and a stadium that although falling down - was still a great and intimidating place. Then your Dad arrived , and had the the same effect that Neil has had. Whatever we did, win lose or draw we did it together. Eddie kicked and headed every ball (along with the rest of us).

Dont think of your Dad as gone - just look around everywhere at the ground , listen to others who all have some great memories, talk to ex players etc - and they all have a tale to tell. :bluescarf:

Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:25 pm

Great day's and probably my favourite time watching city.The management,team,and fans were all together-thanks Eddie. :bluebird:

Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:32 pm

ReesWestonSuperMare wrote:I loved those days, the crowds werent good, we had bugger all money and a stadium that although falling down - was still a great and intimidating place. Then your Dad arrived , and had the the same effect that Neil has had. Whatever we did, win lose or draw we did it together. Eddie kicked and headed every ball (along with the rest of us).

Dont think of your Dad as gone - just look around everywhere at the ground , listen to others who all have some great memories, talk to ex players etc - and they all have a tale to tell. :bluescarf:

Well thought out post rees :occasion5: :old: :bluebird: :ayatollah: