Zohore v Niasse Chances Created & Duels won (STATS)

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Deep Blue FC » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:54 pm

Still baffled me the amount of people mention how Niasse offers us more than Zohore. Bare in mind neither of them have been scoring, so let's look at what else they offer. And no, I haven't gone through which stats make Ken look better, these are the only stats that separate them.

So, from these stats, that shuts down the arguement that "zohore loses everything in the air" when actually he wins MORE of his 50/50's than Niasse does.

But the telling stats are the chances created... If you don't physically *see* what Zohore brings, surely stats can convince you...
Attachments
Zohore v Niasse.png
Zohore v Niasse.png (24.21 KiB) Viewed 3373 times
Deep Blue FC

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Zohore v Niasse Chances Created & Duels won (STATS)

Postby Deep Blue FC » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:00 pm

I should point out, which I only just realized, that the "matches played" looks like it's only counted the matches they started. So if you want to be picky about it, Zohore has played 15 in total included subs, and Niasse has played 10 including subs.
Deep Blue FC

Postby Steve Zodiak » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:04 pm

The biggest stat is that neither striker scores goals, and that is one of the reasons we look as if we are heading back to where we came from.
Steve Zodiak

Postby Deep Blue FC » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:09 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:The biggest stat is that neither striker scores goals, and that is one of the reasons we look as if we are heading back to where we came from.

Interesting how this post has nothing to do with them scoring. I even made it clear neither of them are scoring, so let's look at the other stats. :idea:
Deep Blue FC

Postby Steve Zodiak » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:18 pm

Deep Blue FC wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:The biggest stat is that neither striker scores goals, and that is one of the reasons we look as if we are heading back to where we came from.

Interesting how this post has nothing to do with them scoring. I even made it clear neither of them are scoring, so let's look at the other stats. :idea:

For me I am not bothered about how many aerial duels they win. Unless our main strike force are scoring there is little chance of success, particularly at this level. I would be quite happy to see both lose everything in the air providing they come up with the goals. In fact, if either of them did little in a game other than scoring, that would be better than what is happening right now. Without goals we are not going to win, and without wins there is only one place this club is heading for.
Steve Zodiak

Postby Deep Blue FC » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:26 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
Deep Blue FC wrote:

For me I am not bothered about how many aerial duels they win. Unless our main strike force are scoring there is little chance of success, particularly at this level. I would be quite happy to see both lose everything in the air providing they come up with the goals. In fact, if either of them did little in a game other than scoring, that would be better than what is happening right now. Without goals we are not going to win, and without wins there is only one place this club is heading for.

The duels won was purely to shut up the people criticising Zohore in the air.

Do you not care to notice the 7 Chances created from Zohore compared to Niasse's 0? If You're not scoring, atleast create. And Zohore SHOULD be on alot more assists than he is, to no fault of his own. Bad finishing all around the team, not just Zohore.
Deep Blue FC

Postby Steve Zodiak » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:46 pm

Deep Blue FC wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
Deep Blue FC wrote:

Do you not care to notice the 7 Chances created from Zohore compared to Niasse's 0? If You're not scoring, atleast create. And Zohore SHOULD be on alot more assists than he is, to no fault of his own. Bad finishing all around the team, not just Zohore.

Well I guess it's all about opinions. Ours are probably opposite. I tend to agree with those who say considering his size he is very weak in the air. I have always said that his strength is holding the ball up and bringing others into the game. For me, that on it's own is not enough for your number one striker. Goals are an essential part of a striker's game, and unfortunately apart from one brief golden spell, he does not hit the net anywhere near enough. As far as Niasse is concerned, I personally have never mentioned him on here as I would'nt like to say which is our best oprion. They both bring something different to the team, but that something is not goals.

We have had other strikers here who have not been up to much in the air, but still knocked them in for fun. Earnie and Chopra spring to mind during recent times, neither prolific when it came to aerial battles, but both had the knack of coming up with goals. Afraid Zohore's average of around 3 goals a year since turning professional is not really good enough, although I will admit he has not always been a regular starter wherever he has played.
Steve Zodiak

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:10 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
Deep Blue FC wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
Deep Blue FC wrote:

Well I guess it's all about opinions. Ours are probably opposite. I tend to agree with those who say considering his size he is very weak in the air. I have always said that his strength is holding the ball up and bringing others into the game. For me, that on it's own is not enough for your number one striker. Goals are an essential part of a striker's game, and unfortunately apart from one brief golden spell, he does not hit the net anywhere near enough. As far as Niasse is concerned, I personally have never mentioned him on here as I would'nt like to say which is our best oprion. They both bring something different to the team, but that something is not goals.

We have had other strikers here who have not been up to much in the air, but still knocked them in for fun. Earnie and Chopra spring to mind during recent times, neither prolific when it came to aerial battles, but both had the knack of coming up with goals. Afraid Zohore's average of around 3 goals a year since turning professional is not really good enough, although I will admit he has not always been a regular starter wherever he has played.

Steve it is about it goals so begs question why did we bring in niasse? Goal scoring was never his fortè as Everton fans warned us when signed him? We are top loaded with upfront players but either dont play them or play one ar a time until last 10 mins! And thats reason we are in this trouble, tbh nothing will change with NW IN Charge so what do we do about it?
pembroke allan

Postby Steve Zodiak » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:27 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
Deep Blue FC wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
Deep Blue FC wrote:

Steve it is about it goals so begs question why did we bring in niasse? Goal scoring was never his fortè as Everton fans warned us when signed him? We are top loaded with upfront players but either dont play them or play one ar a time until last 10 mins! And thats reason we are in this trouble, tbh nothing will change with NW IN Charge so what do we do about it?

I agree Allan. I am not sure why Niasse was added, no doubt he is a grafter but we have plenty of those already, I feel we needed a bit more than that to survive. I have never been too critical of Warnock, and I think what happened with Sala may turn out to be one of the defining moments of our entire season. No telling how much of a difference he may have made, but he was to be our most expensive signing ever and he appeared to know where the net was. I think we have been very unfortunate this season, we never got the opportunity to see what looked to be an exciting signing, and have had some dubious decisions go against us as well. No getting away from the fact we that have very few players who could be classed as true PL quality, and not a huge budget to work with either.
Steve Zodiak

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:02 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
Deep Blue FC wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
Deep Blue FC wrote:

I agree Allan. I am not sure why Niasse was added, no doubt he is a grafter but we have plenty of those already, I feel we needed a bit more than that to survive. I have never been too critical of Warnock, and I think what happened with Sala may turn out to be one of the defining moments of our entire season. No telling how much of a difference he may have made, but he was to be our most expensive signing ever and he appeared to know where the net was. I think we have been very unfortunate this season, we never got the opportunity to see what looked to be an exciting signing, and have had some dubious decisions go against us as well. No getting away from the fact we that have very few players who could be classed as true PL quality, and not a huge budget to work with either.

Steve most of those things go down to way NW operates? Whilst sala knew where net was got to think would he be the loan striker we employ if so would he have any more luck than previous strikers?whilst we are patently low on premier standard players whats gone on in previous two games have certainly effected our season without question and not withstanding sala tragedy.
pembroke allan

Postby BluebirdForever » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:46 pm

I understand you get annoyed with the criticism of Zohore and it is true, he does receive a lot of unnecessary criticism but what exactly has he done this season?

Another statistic is = we score more with Niasse in the side. More than twice as much. 9 in 8 with Niasse. 4 in 8 with Zohore. You don't win a game by winning duels or creating potential chances. You win by scoring them.

Before you blast me with "it's posters like you that are wrong with the world"-esque posts, I'll reiterate what I said yesterday: I LIKE Zohore, but I don't think he's the answer. Perhaps you need to consider that 90% of fans on here, the Cardiff City coaching team and the man in charge - Warnock - think the same. He's an average player in a poor team - which makes him poor by Premier League standards. There's a vastly more empirical evidence to support an argument against him than for him.
BluebirdForever

Postby ch1ppy82 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:12 pm

oh no here we go again zohore as a striker im sorry just isnt good enough same as niasse his record is just as poor who ever plays tuesday needs someone playing with them because neither is good enough on there own whoopte do zohore had a ok ish game for once . if ward is fit enough id stick him and reid uptop tuesday
ch1ppy82

Postby ch1ppy82 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:15 pm

and stats chances created duels won who the hell cares the main stat i wan see of our strikers are goals i dont wan look back at zohore and say oh yeah he scored Once but he won a lot of duels
ch1ppy82

Postby Deep Blue FC » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:19 pm

BluebirdForever wrote:I understand you get annoyed with the criticism of Zohore and it is true, he does receive a lot of unnecessary criticism but what exactly has he done this season?

Another statistic is = we score more with Niasse in the side. More than twice as much. 9 in 8 with Niasse. 4 in 8 with Zohore. You don't win a game by winning duels or creating potential chances. You win by scoring them.

Before you blast me with "it's posters like you that are wrong with the world"-esque posts, I'll reiterate what I said yesterday: I LIKE Zohore, but I don't think he's the answer. Perhaps you need to consider that 90% of fans on here, the Cardiff City coaching team and the man in charge - Warnock - think the same. He's an average player in a poor team - which makes him poor by Premier League standards. There's a vastly more empirical evidence to support an argument against him than for him.

Everything you just said is fair. This post is purely a Niasse v Zohore comparison. We may score more with Niasse in the team but I don't see why that has anything to do with Niasse himself. Most of the goals we scored with Niasse in the team have come since Murphy has been playing close to his GOOD self like the start of the season. But Murphy playing well has nothing to do with Niasse, it's just something that's clearly been said to him or he's just come into form for whatever reason. I think Murphy was missing today but again, Niasse playing or not wouldn't have changed it. Like I said, I think what you've said is fair, I just think just because we've scored 4 more goals with Niasse in the team compared to Zohore, is mostly circumstantial than anything caused by the strikers.
Deep Blue FC

Postby ch1ppy82 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:20 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
Deep Blue FC wrote:

exatly i dont wan look back and think oh zohore niasse hadnt scored atall in last few games but there duels won well they done well i just wan c goals and soon otherwise we r doomed
ch1ppy82

Postby BluebirdForever » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:59 pm

Deep Blue FC wrote:
BluebirdForever wrote:I understand you get annoyed with the criticism of Zohore and it is true, he does receive a lot of unnecessary criticism but what exactly has he done this season?

Everything you just said is fair. This post is purely a Niasse v Zohore comparison. We may score more with Niasse in the team but I don't see why that has anything to do with Niasse himself. Most of the goals we scored with Niasse in the team have come since Murphy has been playing close to his GOOD self like the start of the season. But Murphy playing well has nothing to do with Niasse, it's just something that's clearly been said to him or he's just come into form for whatever reason. I think Murphy was missing today but again, Niasse playing or not wouldn't have changed it. Like I said, I think what you've said is fair, I just think just because we've scored 4 more goals with Niasse in the team compared to Zohore, is mostly circumstantial than anything caused by the strikers.

That’s a fair argument. Can’t argue that. One thing I could say though is that strikers can cause problems through different ways to statistics. For example, when Bothroyd played for us, he would be man-marked heavily at times so he would drift wide and that would create a lot of space for Chopra to run into and take a touch and score. Bothroyd wouldn’t get the assist, win any duels etc but it was his clever running that could allow others to score so I’m not saying that this is definitely the case with Niasse but it could be possible because he does run a lot and split the defence at times
BluebirdForever

Postby dogfound » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:21 pm

BluebirdForever wrote:
Deep Blue FC wrote:

That’s a fair argument. Can’t argue that. One thing I could say though is that strikers can cause problems through different ways to statistics. For example, when Bothroyd played for us, he would be man-marked heavily at times so he would drift wide and that would create a lot of space for Chopra to run into and take a touch and score. Bothroyd wouldn’t get the assist, win any duels etc but it was his clever running that could allow others to score so I’m not saying that this is definitely the case with Niasse but it could be possible because he does run a lot and split the defence at times

totally agree about Jay , but Niasse ?
its not impossible but looking at his all round game { or lack of } its highly unlikely , his awareness of other players runs is close to zero..
dogfound

Postby Jimbo27 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:33 am

Neither are good enough but for me Niasse's work rate, working the channels and running in behind stretches the game and gives our attacking players more space. I think that has allowed the likes of Reid (when he has played) and Camarasa to be fair more effective. For me Zohore is too stationary and easy to mark. Just my opinion, in an ideal world we'd have a 20 goal striker and we wouldn't even be having this debate.
Adopted player for 2014/15 Lee Peltier
Jimbo27

Postby piledriver64 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:58 am

Jimbo27 wrote:Neither are good enough but for me Niasse's work rate, working the channels and running in behind stretches the game and gives our attacking players more space. I think that has allowed the likes of Reid (when he has played) and Camarasa to be fair more effective. For me Zohore is too stationary and easy to mark. Just my opinion, in an ideal world we'd have a 20 goal striker and we wouldn't even be having this debate.

I don't have a preference either way.

Zohore at his best is a handful but that is long gone on current performances. I just think Niasse seems to give us a better shape and more of an out let, I don't think either will get enough goals but for me, the team itself looks better with Niasse.
piledriver64

Postby Mikey27 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:34 am

I like Zahore and want to him to do well but it's no coincidence that we have looked much better going forward since January when Niasse came into the team. He reads the game better, runs the channels better, Holds the ball up better allowing time for the midfield to push up. I'm not slating Zahore just think we look better going forward with Niasse in the team.
Mikey27

Postby 2blue2handle » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:35 am

In a home game where we have a little more of the ball I wouldn't be concerned with Zohore starting. Away I just don't think he does enough, even last season Medine was mostly referred in away games after signings.

For me Niasse goes, more, keeps defenders more on the toes and stretches the games. Stats say a lot but I go on what ive seen. For me its Niasse
2blue2handle

Postby caerdydd_78 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:44 am

Deep Blue FC wrote:Still baffled me the amount of people mention how Niasse offers us more than Zohore. Bare in mind neither of them have been scoring, so let's look at what else they offer. And no, I haven't gone through which stats make Ken look better, these are the only stats that separate them.

So, from these stats, that shuts down the arguement that "zohore loses everything in the air" when actually he wins MORE of his 50/50's than Niasse does.

But the telling stats are the chances created... If you don't physically *see* what Zohore brings, surely stats can convince you...

My biggest issue I have with Ken, and I'm sure I'm not alone in this is that he plods around like its training. When have you seen him break his balls to get onto a ball, or track down defenders. He has clear ability but he just doesn't give enough for me.

Personally i'd play Reid along side him and play 4 in the middle. Should we go down, its Reid all day for me, he will tear the championship a new one with the support from Murphy and Mendez-Laing.
I am one fan, we support the same club, nothing or nobody is bigger!

Twitter - @Caerdydd_78

2018 - We Are Premier League!
caerdydd_78

Postby Bluebina » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:41 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:Neither are good enough but for me Niasse's work rate, working the channels and running in behind stretches the game and gives our attacking players more space. I think that has allowed the likes of Reid (when he has played) and Camarasa to be fair more effective. For me Zohore is too stationary and easy to mark. Just my opinion, in an ideal world we'd have a 20 goal striker and we wouldn't even be having this debate.

Agree with this, Niasse stretches other teams more and creates more panic in the defenders and space for other players add the fact he wins more headers and we then win the 2nd balls means he is much more effective IMO.
Bluebina

Postby Bluebina » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:42 pm

2blue2handle wrote:In a home game where we have a little more of the ball I wouldn't be concerned with Zohore starting. Away I just don't think he does enough, even last season Medine was mostly referred in away games after signings.

For me Niasse goes, more, keeps defenders more on the toes and stretches the games. Stats say a lot but I go on what ive seen. For me its Niasse

Spot on :thumbup:
Bluebina

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:43 pm

Stats can be worked almost anyway you want them to but if we are talking who is the better player it’s Niasse all day for me.
I also think if Warnock can get Reid into the team alongside and just behind him, we’d have better goal scoring chances than with Zohore.
Niasse always gives you 100% whilst at times Zohore looks like he can’t be arsed.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby 2blue2handle » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:07 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:Stats can be worked almost anyway you want them to but if we are talking who is the better player it’s Niasse all day for me.
I also think if Warnock can get Reid into the team alongside and just behind him, we’d have better goal scoring chances than with Zohore.
Niasse always gives you 100% whilst at times Zohore looks like he can’t be arsed.

I really think Reid just behind Zohore over time could really work, both use the ball well, if we find ourselves in the championship that would be the two for me.

For now, I think its hard to fit Reid in his best number 10 position and Camarasa in his best position.
2blue2handle

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:01 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:Stats can be worked almost anyway you want them to but if we are talking who is the better player it’s Niasse all day for me.

I really think Reid just behind Zohore over time could really work, both use the ball well, if we find ourselves in the championship that would be the two for me.

For now, I think its hard to fit Reid in his best number 10 position and Camarasa in his best position.

Agree with that regarding Camarasa as he’s got to start.
I just see the Niasse partnership with Reid working a lot better. As we won’t be keeping Niasse next season I think we need a new striker as Zohore has had enough chances to impress at championship and Premier level and has mostly failed miserably.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby dogfound » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:29 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
Deep Blue FC wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
Deep Blue FC wrote:

Niasse was added while the Sala deal was being completed.so not intended to be our main striker ?..the bit more was Sala..
dogfound

Return to General Chat