' Premier League Manager Sacked after saving them '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby TopCat CCFC » Mon May 13, 2019 8:31 am

BREAKING NEWS ... BRIGHTON Have Sacked manager Chris Hughton .

Brighton sack manager Chris Hughton after Cardiff City's relegation rivals finish 17th

Monday 13th May 2019

Brighton have confirmed manager Chris Hughton has left the club following the Seagulls' 17th-place finish in the Premier League.

They won just three of their last 23 league games and none of their final nine.

The club, who were Cardiff City's closest relegation rivals, ended the campaign two points ahead of the Bluebirds , who now drop back into the Championship next season.

Brighton have now confirmed that Hughton has left the club with immediate effect, along with assistant Paul Trollope and first-team coach Paul Nevin.

The club say the time is "right time for a change", and say the decision has been made due to how the club struggled in the second half of the Premier League campaign.

The news comes after Brighton's 4-1 defeat to Premier League champions Manchester City on Sunday.
Attachments
0_Brighton-and-Hove-Albion-v-Manchester-City-Premier-League-AMEX-Stadium.jpg
0_Brighton-and-Hove-Albion-v-Manchester-City-Premier-League-AMEX-Stadium.jpg (37 KiB) Viewed 4734 times
TopCat CCFC

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Brighton Sack Chris Hughton

Postby TopCat CCFC » Mon May 13, 2019 8:36 am

CLUB STATEMENT: CHRIS HUGHTON

Brighton & Hove Albion have confirmed that Chris Hughton has left the club with immediate effect. Hughton’s assistant Paul Trollope and first-team coach Paul Nevin have also left.

Chairman Tony Bloom said, “Chris has done an excellent job over the past four and a half years. First stabilising our club, reaching the play-offs in his first full season, securing our first ever promotion to the Premier League, and retaining our status in two successive seasons.

“Undoubtedly, this has been one of the most difficult decisions I have had to make as chairman of Brighton & Hove Albion, but ultimately one I have made due to how we struggled in the second half of the season.

“Our run of 3 wins from 23 Premier League matches put our status at significant risk. It is with that in mind, and the performances during that period, that I now feel it’s the right time for a change.

“Chris will always be very fondly remembered by Albion staff and fans as one of our club’s finest and most-respected managers.
“I would like to wish Chris, Paul and Paul – who have all worked extremely hard throughout their time here – every success for the future, and thank them on behalf of everyone at the club.

“They will always be welcome at the Amex, and will be remembered here with great affection.”

The club have confirmed that the process to find Chris’s successor is underway, and that there will be no further comment at this stage.
TopCat CCFC

Postby jimmy_rat » Mon May 13, 2019 8:57 am

They were very lucky to stay up.

Their brand of football was woeful. 2 good centre backs and park the bus.

He had to go.
jimmy_rat

Postby Sven » Mon May 13, 2019 9:29 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:BREAKING NEWS ... BRIGHTON Have Sacked Chris Houghton .

Disappointing for Chris Hughton but no real shock after a season where, all things being equal, they were very lucky not to be relegated instead of us...

Sometimes a manager can through no fault of his own become 'stale' at a club and the players no longer respond. Along with some poor signings, this appears to have happened here

He almost came here (he was actually the favourite) before they chose 'Malky' a few seasons ago and I thin most were 'happy with that; but the mucked it up for himself when he pulled out a PowerPoint with another club's logo (Newcastle United?) at its head

Not a particularly good move! :laughing6:

Will be interesting to see who tase the job next but they need a 'butler', as Brighton will be sure to be back in the relegation mix next season
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby worcester_ccfc » Mon May 13, 2019 9:35 am

Graham Potter is the 1/8 favourite.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby Sven » Mon May 13, 2019 9:44 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:Graham Potter is the 1/8 favourite.

Really? :shock:

Not sure why I'm surprised though, as he's far exceeded expectations down west and his stock will certainly have risen

It certainly won't go down well with the 'fans' at The Library; although the owners may already be counting on their 'compo'
Attachments
American Greed.jpg
American Greed.jpg (159.83 KiB) Viewed 5013 times
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby CF31 Company » Mon May 13, 2019 10:20 am

Another club that think they are bigger than they actually are. They will be in the relegation mix next season along with the newly promoted clubs
CF31 Company

Postby buckleys brewery » Mon May 13, 2019 10:36 am

jimmy_rat wrote:They were very lucky to stay up.

He had to go.

I love our fans.
buckleys brewery

Postby jimmy_rat » Mon May 13, 2019 10:48 am

buckleys brewery wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:They were very lucky to stay up.

He had to go.

I love our fans.

Are you implying that's what we have done? You obviously believe the media's portrayal of us.
jimmy_rat

Re: ' Premier League Manager Sacked after saving them '

Postby Forever Blue » Mon May 13, 2019 11:02 am

" PREMIER LEAGUE TABLE MAY 2018-19 "
Attachments
IMG_20190513_013851.jpg
IMG_20190513_013851.jpg (180.01 KiB) Viewed 4623 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby worcester_ccfc » Mon May 13, 2019 6:41 pm

Sven wrote:

Not sure why I'm surprised though, as he's far exceeded expectations down west and his stock will certainly have risen

It certainly won't go down well with the 'fans' at The Library; although the owners may already be counting on their 'compo'

Maybe the bookies covering themselves if a bit of money has come in. He's at 1/3 now but still very short.

Seems to be money coming in for Phil Neville.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby Carpe Diem » Mon May 13, 2019 8:21 pm

Potter won’t be going anywhere. No idea why he’s favourite either.
Carpe Diem

Postby Sven » Tue May 14, 2019 8:17 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:
Sven wrote:

Maybe the bookies covering themselves if a bit of money has come in. He's at 1/3 now but still very short.

Seriously, I don't know who will get the job and experience shows the 'early runners' don't always get the nod unless it's already sorted in advance of the actual sacking. Neville certainly in the frame, as is Mikel Arteta; although I'm not sure why the latter would want to leave Man City right now?

Adrian Durham summed it up neatly on his show yesterday when he asked "What has Graham Potter actually achieved with mid-table Swansea, who have relied on the talents of one player (Daniel James) who will almost certainly not be with them next season?"

But to be fair, ITK Carpe Diem has put all this to bed in one simple sentence... :thumbup: :ayatollah:
Sven

Postby dogfound » Tue May 14, 2019 9:24 am

Sven wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
Sven wrote:

Seriously, I don't know who will get the job and experience shows the 'early runners' don't always get the nod unless it's already sorted in advance of the actual sacking. Neville certainly in the frame, as is Mikel Arteta; although I'm not sure why the latter would want to leave Man City right now?

Adrian Durham summed it up neatly on his show yesterday when he asked "What has Graham Potter actually achieved with mid-table Swansea, who have relied on the talents of one player (Daniel James) who will almost certainly not be with them next season?"

But to be fair, ITK Carpe Diem has put all this to bed in one simple sentence... :thumbup: :ayatollah:

personally I thought he did a very good job.. outside chance of making the play offs going into the final month having lost almost an entire team ..and not all on the back of DJ either { the people that watch him are far less convinced than those that do not }.
dogfound

Postby 2blue2handle » Tue May 14, 2019 9:26 am

Right decision in my opinion. I don't think he is a bad manager but sometimes changes are needed. Could only see them going down next season as thing stand.
2blue2handle

Postby Sven » Tue May 14, 2019 9:28 am

dogfound wrote:
Sven wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
Sven wrote:

personally I thought he did a very good job.. outside chance of making the play offs going into the final month having lost almost an entire team ..and not all on the back of DJ either { the people that watch him are far less convinced than those that do not }.

I think you need to learn when people are taking a rise, fella! ;) :lol:
Sven

Postby dogfound » Tue May 14, 2019 9:52 am

Sven wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Sven wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
Sven wrote:

go on explain..
are half your posts jokes ?
dogfound

Postby ThomasC » Tue May 14, 2019 10:23 am

The more i think about it and regardless of the enjoyment garnered from beating UTD. I can't help but be a bit angry we got relegated by a really shit Brighton team. That shouldn't of happened
ThomasC

Postby dogfound » Tue May 14, 2019 4:23 pm

ThomasC wrote:The more i think about it and regardless of the enjoyment garnered from beating UTD. I can't help but be a bit angry we got relegated by a really shit Brighton team. That shouldn't of happened

they had 25 points by the half way point and were not really in relegation trouble until the last 5 or 6 games..yes they were crap 2nd half the season but realistically 37 points was always going to be a target a bit out of reach..
dogfound

Postby Sven » Tue May 14, 2019 5:05 pm

dogfound wrote:
Sven wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Sven wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
Sven wrote:

go on explain..

I thought that would go straight over your head, fella! ;) :laughing6:
Sven

Postby dogfound » Tue May 14, 2019 5:13 pm

Sven wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Sven wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Sven wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
Sven wrote:

go on explain..

I thought that would go straight over your head, fella! ;) :laughing6:

thought so zero explanation..just one of your dopey daft replies..
dogfound

Postby TopCat CCFC » Tue May 14, 2019 10:19 pm

CF31 Company wrote:Another club that think they are bigger than they actually are. They will be in the relegation mix next season along with the newly promoted clubs

Agree - I think they will be in the mix for relegation next season .
TopCat CCFC

Return to General Chat