" Bolton Wanderers "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Bolton Wanderers "

Postby worcester_ccfc » Mon May 13, 2019 4:56 pm

' BOLTON WANDERERS '

BBC

Monday 14th May 2019

Bolton have gone into administration and will begin next season in League One with a 12-point deduction.

The club had been given two weeks to appoint to an administrator after last Wednesday's High Court appearance over an unpaid £1.2m tax bill.

They become the first English Football League side to go into administration since Aldershot Town in 2013.

Bolton said they hope the appointment of administrators "will ensure the continued existence of the club".

The appointment comes after notices of intention to appoint administrators was filed by Fildraw Limited, a company which represents the Trust of former owner Eddie Davies, last week.

Davies loaned the club £5m days before his death to help the club avoid administration in September.

Administrator Paul Appleton, of David Rubin & Partners, said: "This has obviously been a long-running situation and it is vitally important that we quickly establish the position of both the football club and the holding company.

"It has got to the stage where the Trust could not sit back and allow the club to go into liquidation. Decisive action had to be taken and the Trust believes the decision is in the best interests of Bolton Wanderers.

"Everybody at the club as well as the supporters need a sense of clarity and that is what I will be seeking to provide as quickly as possible."

The EFL said it would "commence discussions" with the administrators "with the aim of achieving a long-term future for the club".
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

" Bolton Wanderers "

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: " Bolton Wanderers "

Postby thomasblue » Mon May 13, 2019 5:14 pm

I fail to see how a 12 point deduction helps anybody.

The club is on its arse and that will only get worse if the deduction leads to a second relegation next season. They should try and help the club survive not make it harder for them.
thomasblue

Postby Sven » Mon May 13, 2019 5:42 pm

It's a toughie and a lot will be down to ensuring no team gains from going into Administration and then suddenly becoming buoyant with a new benefactor who hasn't had to splash out first on existing debts; they can be greatly reduced or even eliminated in some circumstances

It's something Vincent Tan can take great credit for; he honoured the club debts £ for £ and we are now starting to see the fruits of his investment

Some clubs (I won't mention any specific because the Jack's on here won't like it) took a different approach even in their own communities and saw their debts pretty much written off before rising like the proverbial phoenix

For me, club mismanagement should be penalised in such a way where it is proven that it has occurred
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Mon May 13, 2019 7:45 pm

thomasblue wrote:I fail to see how a 12 point deduction helps anybody.

The club is on its arse and that will only get worse if the deduction leads to a second relegation next season. They should try and help the club survive not make it harder for them.

Completely agree
Bluebird Warrior

Postby pembroke allan » Mon May 13, 2019 7:54 pm

Bluebird Warrior wrote:

Completely agree

It's come about the points deduction probably because Leicester deliberately went into admin as soon as their new stadium was built so had lovely ground for nothing and so benefited enormously financially afterwards ? What other sanctions can you use to deter such actions?
pembroke allan

Postby Chris Holmes » Mon May 13, 2019 8:18 pm

They may get further 6-point deduction for failing to fulfil a fixture as well
Chris Holmes

Postby dogfound » Tue May 14, 2019 11:07 am

Bluebird Warrior wrote:

Completely agree

in theory I agree and it does sound harsh. but its about what sven says above..
were they to have a money man in the background just waiting for the debts to disappear it then becomes an advantage to them ..which isn't fair on anyone else who has not run their club poorly ..its horrible because those that are responsible often walk away from it leaving the fans who have zero say in getting into the mess being the ones punished. but I do think it fair .
dogfound

Postby JJ1927 » Tue May 14, 2019 4:16 pm

Probably the best thing that can happen to them provided the administration is dealt with properly and crucially if their ground can not be used for anything else. They will be back on their feet within 2 or 3 years pushing for promotion and debt free. Look what happened to Southampton and Leicester.
JJ1927

Return to General Chat