Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: NEIL WARNOCK SAYS HE MUST BE GIVEN MONEY

Mon May 13, 2019 7:59 am

Thomas blues figures probably aren't far off.

I'm struggling to see why people are laughing at it or arguing it.

Mon May 13, 2019 5:20 pm

Thomasblues figures are not far off,if you read our accounts in the summer we paid out over 35m on transfers probably includes loan and agents fees, over 23m on Staff bonuses. All players and Management Staff would also get big pay increases in Premier League.
Ironically I think Tan will keep Warnock as we have been relegated but would have sacked him if we had stayed up, just like Brighton have done with Houghton!

Mon May 13, 2019 6:04 pm

The reason why his figures are inaccurate is because he includes loan fees and salas fee. They are in purely for the sake of inflating the amount to suit the agenda. It's unfair to include that amount as firstly we haven't spent it and second he didn't get the opportunity to play. You also cant include loan fees when assessing whether we have permanently improved the squad.

Mon May 13, 2019 6:04 pm

Re: NEIL WARNOCK SAYS HE MUST BE GIVEN MONEY.....
If he does, let's hope he spends it all this time! Unlike last summer... :bluebird:

Tue May 14, 2019 12:04 am

Neil Warnock will walk if Tan doesn’t back him next season,Warnock didn’t have the quality,Tan let him down,Warnock did the best he could on what he had. Huge disappointment that Tan showed no ambition in signing players, just £27 million spent in the Summer transfer window, a bargain basement championship team won’t keep you in the Premiership and Neil Warnock has been hinting at this all season and actually saying it now.

Tue May 14, 2019 12:04 pm

Clubfortyfourer wrote:Neil Warnock will walk if Tan doesn’t back him next season,Warnock didn’t have the quality,Tan let him down,Warnock did the best he could on what he had. Huge disappointment that Tan showed no ambition in signing players, just £27 million spent in the Summer transfer window, a bargain basement championship team won’t keep you in the Premiership and Neil Warnock has been hinting at this all season and actually saying it now.

But surely if he spent 27m last season on what you class as a championship team then the team should be enough in the championship? and if not why not considering the money spent?

Thu May 16, 2019 8:48 am

WARNOCK STAYING AT CARDIFF

Neil Warnock looks set to stay with Cardiff City for one more season after constructive talks with the club, Sky Sports News has been told.

The 70-year old met with Cardiff board members Mehmet Dalman and Ken Choo in London’s Mayfair last night to discuss staying at the Cardiff City stadium for the final year of his contract – and a shot at returning the Bluebirds to the Premier League at the first attempt.

Speaking after their 2-0 win against Man United on Sunday, Warnock said he would welcome a chance to achieve a ninth promotion of his career.

"I'm going to have one more year in the Championship," he said.

"It'd be nice to get a ninth promotion. I never thought I'd be going for it but the wife's keen!"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.