UPDATED " NEIL WARNOCK IS GOING NOWHERE AND WILL BE BACKED "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby worcester_ccfc » Mon May 13, 2019 12:06 pm

UPDATED:

Great news for @CardiffCityFC fans, Warnock is staying (OFFICIAL) as Bluebirds target Burnley-style immediate Premier League return :bluebird:

Wednesday 15th May 2019

Mehmet Dalman confirms Neil Warnock is staying at Cardiff City.

Mehmet Dalman:

"Warnock will be backed in the transfer market. He wants at least two quality midfielders and a proven goalscorer and we will back him"

" We have no plans to sell Etheridge, Manga or Bennett who have attracted interest or any other main players."

13452154-7024765-image-a-2_1557773328866.jpg
13452154-7024765-image-a-2_1557773328866.jpg (50.42 KiB) Viewed 12321 times

Daily Mail

Neil Warnock is expected to stay on as Cardiff manager after holding positive talks with the club's hierarchy.

Warnock met with chairman Mehmet Dalman and chief executive Ken Choo in London following the club's relegation from the Premier League.

Warnock, who has one year left to run on his contract, has been given the chance by Dalman and Choo to return the club to the top flight.

After the 2-0 win against Manchester United on Sunday, Warnock said he would relish the chance to achieve a ninth promotion as a manager with Cardiff.

'I'm going to have one more year in the Championship,' he said.

'It'd be nice to get a ninth promotion. I never thought I'd be going for it but the wife's keen!'

13452232-7024765-image-a-17_1557773493497.jpg
13452232-7024765-image-a-17_1557773493497.jpg (48.1 KiB) Viewed 12321 times

He has stressed that he will need more investment to get Cardiff up again.

He added: 'We will need two or three signings to get us up there and give us a shout because that's what I want to do.

'I think it's vital that we can look to get them as quickly as possible really.'

Cardiff owner Vincent Tan gave Warnock his backing last week. Tan said: 'I am happy for Neil to stay and achieve his ninth promotion to the Premier League.'

UPDATED

Neil Warnock is meeting Ken Choo and Mehmet Dalman in London today.

They will discuss all aspects of the club, including the manager's future.

Cardiff City fans sung "we want you to stay" towards Warnock at Old Trafford on Sunday. Vincent Tan has also suggested to the press he wants the manager to remain in place.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: " A big day for Cardiff City today "

Postby Bluebird1990 » Mon May 13, 2019 12:11 pm

If he doesn't get what he's asked for i think he'll walk
Bluebird1990

Postby fred keenor » Mon May 13, 2019 12:18 pm

Seen many relegations during the long time I have supported the city, but watching the scenes at the end of the game Sunday were incredible, I’ve never seen the like before.
We have a strong squad and significant team ethic which can see us bounce back with a good transfer budget.
To lose Neil now would be a catostrophe.
fred keenor

Postby NIBluebird » Mon May 13, 2019 12:20 pm

Needs 5 players at Championship/Prem level

Bargaining tool is in Warmocks court
NIBluebird

Postby Sven » Mon May 13, 2019 12:48 pm

Bluebird1990 wrote:If he doesn't get what he's asked for i think he'll walk

I think (don't know mind) that he'll be well supported by the owner/Board and stay :thumbright:

He's hardly going to go in there stating "I'll stay no matter what..."; a lesson he's learned from watching Theresa May and the Conservative Brexit 'no-gotiations! ;) :laughing6:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Blueman39 » Mon May 13, 2019 2:56 pm

Hopefully they are just discussing the transfer budgets / targets...lose him would be a disaster....he could walk into a job at most sides in the championship.
Give NW the money and we will be favs for the title.....
Blueman39

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Mon May 13, 2019 3:41 pm

Sven wrote:
Bluebird1990 wrote:If he doesn't get what he's asked for i think he'll walk

I think (don't know mind) that he'll be well supported by the owner/Board and stay :thumbright:

He's hardly going to go in there stating "I'll stay no matter what..."; a lesson he's learned from watching Theresa May and the Conservative Brexit 'no-gotiations! ;) :laughing6:

I think he will be backed as well, they would be mad not to

However, I honestly don’t believe it will take a huge amount of money to improve the squad

If we do manage to keep everyone (obviously the loan players will all leave) I personally think we only need 4 players to give us a real chance of being promoted

Centre half, 2 midfielders and a striker

They could in theory all be loan players, we should be in a good position to pick up the best of the premier league youngsters
oohahhPaulMillar

Postby montyblue » Mon May 13, 2019 4:38 pm

Let's just hope he stays with no fannying around with funds,
But it was neil telling vinny that he did'nt want to spend silly money not the other way around last transfer window.
montyblue

Postby ReesWestonSuperMare » Mon May 13, 2019 7:21 pm

They arent daft, they know what needs to be done, they wont publicly state they have x to spend
They will and should go about their recruitment now and get their ducks lined up. Im sure Neil has an idea of who he would like.

Personally - Reid, Murphy, Mendez, Hoilette have to be included more next season.
We still have Harris and who knows where Paterson will play . All nice to have problems
ReesWestonSuperMare

Breaking Warnock stays

Postby maltablue » Mon May 13, 2019 8:37 pm

Don,t shoot the messenger but daily mail newsfeed says after positive talks in London, Neil Warnock has agreed to stay at Cardiff for another season :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :occasion5: :bluebird:
maltablue

Re: Breaking Warnock stays

Postby NIBluebird » Mon May 13, 2019 8:57 pm

maltablue wrote:Don,t shoot the messenger but daily mail newsfeed says after positive talks in London, Neil Warnock has agreed to stay at Cardiff for another season :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :occasion5: :bluebird:

Daily Mail - must be true then
NIBluebird

Postby jimmy_rat » Mon May 13, 2019 9:03 pm

jimmy_rat

NEIL WARNOCK IS STAYING AT CARDIFF CITY

Postby Sam ReaN » Mon May 13, 2019 9:07 pm

After holding constructive discussions in London, we finally have the answer everyone at Cardiff have been waiting for. and that is that Neil Warnock Is To STAY At Cardiff City As Manager.

Link: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... talks.html

ALSO Check Out My Latest BITS FROM THE ACTION Where The Bluebirds Defeated The Red Devils At Old Trafford.
Link: https://youtu.be/HI44bxE6b54
Attachments
Man Utd (2).png
Man Utd (2).png (1.17 MiB) Viewed 12361 times
Also On The Sam ReaN YouTube Channel
Cardiff City Highlights On Bits From The Action
The ReaN Show Series 1-6
CardiffFanTV / On Facebook & YouTube
Vlogging Adventures
Video Games
SUBSCRIBE IN 2024
Sam ReaN

Re: UPDATED " NEIL WARNOCK IS GOING NOWHERE "

Postby worcester_ccfc » Mon May 13, 2019 9:47 pm

Daily Mail

Neil Warnock is expected to stay on as Cardiff manager after holding positive talks with the club's hierarchy.

Warnock met with chairman Mehmet Dalman and chief executive Ken Choo in London following the club's relegation from the Premier League.

Warnock, who has one year left to run on his contract, has been given the chance by Dalman and Choo to return the club to the top flight.

After the 2-0 win against Manchester United on Sunday, Warnock said he would relish the chance to achieve a ninth promotion as a manager with Cardiff.

'I'm going to have one more year in the Championship,' he said.

'It'd be nice to get a ninth promotion. I never thought I'd be going for it but the wife's keen!'

He has stressed that he will need more investment to get Cardiff up again.

He added: 'We will need two or three signings to get us up there and give us a shout because that's what I want to do.

'I think it's vital that we can look to get them as quickly as possible really.'

Cardiff owner Vincent Tan gave Warnock his backing last week. Tan said: 'I am happy for Neil to stay and achieve his ninth promotion to the Premier League.'
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

worcester_ccfc

Postby Sven » Tue May 14, 2019 8:05 am

NIBluebird wrote:
maltablue wrote:Don,t shoot the messenger but daily mail newsfeed says after positive talks in London, Neil Warnock has agreed to stay at Cardiff for another season :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :occasion5: :bluebird:

Daily Mail - must be true then

Well, it was on the SamRean Forum, so....! ;) :laughing6:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby worcester_ccfc » Tue May 14, 2019 5:47 pm

Dalman has now confirmed this to the BBC.

@neddthomas on Twitter.

worcester_ccfc

Postby salopiancity » Tue May 14, 2019 5:51 pm

Good to see they’ve probably agreed a decent budget with NW for transfers. :occasion5:
salopiancity

Postby BarmyArmy1927 » Tue May 14, 2019 6:04 pm

didnt think for a second he wouldnt be staying on
BarmyArmy1927

Re: UPDATED " NEIL WARNOCK IS GOING NOWHERE AND WILL BE BACK

Postby worcester_ccfc » Tue May 14, 2019 6:19 pm

Warnock will be backed in the transfer market. He wants at least two quality midfielders and a proven goalscorer.

City also have no plans to sell Etheridge, Manga or Bennett who have attracted interest.

@neddthomas on Twitter.

worcester_ccfc

Postby bluesince62 » Tue May 14, 2019 7:29 pm

fred keenor wrote:Seen many relegations during the long time I have supported the city, but watching the scenes at the end of the game Sunday were incredible, I’ve never seen the like before.
We have a strong squad and significant team ethic which can see us bounce back with a good transfer budget.
To lose Neil now would be a catostrophe.

Have to agree 100%,even Neill himself said,he'd never seen or heard anything like it before,those fans who travelled gave it their all,and it was a superb effort,drowning out 60,000 at old Trafford :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :old: :bluebird:
bluesince62

Postby Bluesman » Tue May 14, 2019 7:39 pm

Don't piss about, invest in quality to get straight back up as that is where the money is.
Bluesman

Postby ReesWestonSuperMare » Wed May 15, 2019 10:11 am

FOR ONCE - in a very very very long time I actually see us as building something to work from. The staff , the coaches, the mental attitude of everyone at the club, there is a steely determination to have another go at it and I see us building a side somewhat similar to the QPR side that Neil had.

Very hard , skilful with speed and well organised. I think players will want to come here - but only certain types of player. We appear to have a very well connected dressing room where they all want to play for the manager and coaching staff.

They all need a few weeks off - and then we'll get stuck in again - cant wait to see how it develops
ReesWestonSuperMare

Postby 2blue2handle » Wed May 15, 2019 10:27 am

Obviously I want him to be backed but I hope it's not to much as well. The last thing we want going into the season after he leaves is a huge wage bill and back to having to cut costs again.
2blue2handle

Postby Sneggyblubird » Wed May 15, 2019 12:22 pm

I'm surprised this news hasn't brought Angelis49 out of retirement.
Sneggyblubird

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Wed May 15, 2019 12:35 pm

I'm delighted by all this which is all exactly the right strategy, except the bit where they're talking about bringing in up to six players for 10/15 million.
I can only hope that means that he's got big loans set up to cover some spots, because otherwise that's under £2M a player, and that's just not going to work in this day and age.
SirJimmySchoular

Return to General Chat