Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Apparently Manchester City are plotting a move to sign h

Tue May 14, 2019 4:55 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:Right can somebody please name one single player from our youth team who hasn’t been given a chance over the last few years and went on to bigger and better things.

By bigger and better things I mean actually play games consistently at a higher standard then we currently are.

They don’t get a chance because there not good enough.

If people really think we’d be battling for promotions and avoiding relegation with a load of players from our u23’s who have gone on to achieve f**k all in football then they are living on another planet.

So I'll assume you've seen nothing of coxe but happily write him off because of past failings by the club to establish a conveyor belt of talented youth.

the problem is that even those that have seen him have only seen him at a much lower level so can not really judge either..
my biggest concern is he is 20 and 21 in December and most of those that went on to bigger things had debuts at 17/18..

be nice if he breaks through but pelts did ok 2nd half of season and jazz has been offered another year ? which doesn't sound good

Tue May 14, 2019 6:31 pm

The problem is he's a local lad at a club that doesn't feed younger players through.

None of our recent managers would risk bleeding in young talent.

Tue May 14, 2019 6:34 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:Id never heard of him until this, and given that a right back has been our ongoing emergency for at least a year, I'd have thought that Sir Neil would've given him a start by now if he was any good .

I'm frankly amazed you've never heard of him. He's been discussed on this very message board countless times over the last 2 year's.

He's also a big subject amongst Welsh football fans who follow the senior team.

I've never heard of him either!

Tue May 14, 2019 6:41 pm

Don Keydick wrote:
Bluesman wrote:Jazz Richards is continually injured. Get rid of him and give Coxe a chance. If Man City can see his potential why can't Warnock. Warnock likes older players over players who have more potential.

Absolutely agree, Richards has been a waste of time, and to extend his contract was idiotic.

Honestly, it’s laughable how much people think they know :lol:
1. Jazz has been fit for 4/5 of the season and was available for 1/2 of last season as an ex city player broke his ankle in training, that city player is not here anymore
2. Warnock don’t seem to favour him so again, that’s not his fault
3. City didn’t give him a new contract, he already had a year left on his contract
Stop posting utter shite when you are just guessing what’s happening

Tue May 14, 2019 6:47 pm

Edwards_ccfc16 wrote:
Don Keydick wrote:
Bluesman wrote:Jazz Richards is continually injured. Get rid of him and give Coxe a chance. If Man City can see his potential why can't Warnock. Warnock likes older players over players who have more potential.

Absolutely agree, Richards has been a waste of time, and to extend his contract was idiotic.

Honestly, it’s laughable how much people think they know :lol:
1. Jazz has been fit for 4/5 of the season and was available for 1/2 of last season as an ex city player broke his ankle in training, that city player is not here anymore
2. Warnock don’t seem to favour him so again, that’s not his fault
3. City didn’t give him a new contract, he already had a year left on his contract
Stop posting utter shite when you are just guessing what’s happening

Great post mate.
So much guesswork on here but people talking as though they know things are fact.

With regards to Jazz though, i am surprised a little that Warnock doesn’t seem to rate him as he’s always looked pretty good to me. Perhaps next season in the championship he’ll get more of a chance.

Tue May 14, 2019 6:51 pm

Sven wrote:'Silly Season' approaching; and I'm not just talking about every player being linked with other clubs, which might or might not be the case ;)

A summer of entertainment awaits with some of the responses, too! :thumbright: :laughing6:

Yes mate the silly season has already started with somebody saying we should go in for Sturridge! :laughing6:
Probably on around 60-80 grand a week!

You should start a thread for the most pathetic suggestions for incomings Chris.
;) :laughing6:

Tue May 14, 2019 7:05 pm

rhondda 1015 wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:Id never heard of him until this, and given that a right back has been our ongoing emergency for at least a year, I'd have thought that Sir Neil would've given him a start by now if he was any good .

I'm frankly amazed you've never heard of him. He's been discussed on this very message board countless times over the last 2 year's.

He's also a big subject amongst Welsh football fans who follow the senior team.

I've never heard of him either!

Where have you been then? Search "coxe" on this very message board and you'll see he's not suddenly popped up.

Tue May 14, 2019 7:44 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:Right can somebody please name one single player from our youth team who hasn’t been given a chance over the last few years and went on to bigger and better things.

By bigger and better things I mean actually play games consistently at a higher standard then we currently are.

If people really think we’d be battling for promotions and avoiding relegation with a load of players from our u23’s who have gone on to achieve f**k all in football then they are living on another planet.

So I'll assume you've seen nothing of coxe but happily write him off because of past failings by the club to establish a conveyor belt of talented youth.

Nobody is writing anybody off.

The only thing that’s being written off is this bullshit theory that we have a youth squad full of top class local talent that don’t get given a chance.

They don’t get given a chance because there not up to it. That’s not to say there bad footballers but we were just playing in the premier league we were relegated by two points. You don’t go throwing untried players into the starting line up to see if they can handle it.

People need to wake up and see that we haven’t had anybody good enough since Joe Ralls.

Our U23s played 28 league games last season. They only won 8.

Tue May 14, 2019 8:52 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:

The only thing that’s being written off is this bullshit theory that we have a youth squad full of top class local talent that don’t get given a chance.

They don’t get given a chance because there not up to it. That’s not to say there bad footballers but we were just playing in the premier league we were relegated by two points. You don’t go throwing untried players into the starting line up to see if they can handle it.

People need to wake up and see that we haven’t had anybody good enough since Joe Ralls.

In a thread about coxe you said he has a tiny speck of potential, he won't breakthrough at man city and Jazz Richards is by far a better player.
You've posted over and over again that our academy doesn't produce quality in a thread about coxe.

But your not writing him off eh?

I asked in another post how much of coxe have you seen?

Tue May 14, 2019 10:37 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:

In a thread about coxe you said he has a tiny speck of potential, he won't breakthrough at man city and Jazz Richards is by far a better player.
You've posted over and over again that our academy doesn't produce quality in a thread about coxe.

But your not writing him off eh?

I asked in another post how much of coxe have you seen?

You’d make a very good journalist mate because how you’ve come to this from what I’ve said is pretty good going.

First of all I said MAN CITY sign anybody with a speck of potential never mentioned the player only having a speck of potential.

2. No he probably won’t ever break through into Man City’s first team as they are probably the best team in the world right now he’s 20 and has played one cup game so the chances of him all of a sudden being better then Kyle Walker are slim. But there’s nothing wrong with that not many right backs in the world are better then Kyle Walker so it’s hardly righting him off.

3. I have posted over and over again that for years our academy hasn’t produced one player that has been good enough for our first team or another club of the same or higher standard for years. Tell me where I’m wrong. How is that Writing Cameron Coxe off he might be the first one since Ralls

4. Saying Jazz Richards is far better then him isn’t writing him off it’s just facts. Tell me what Cameron Coxe has done from playing one cup game and a bunch of U23 games that makes you think he’s better then Somebody who’s played at the highest level.

I’m not saying he’s not going to make it all I’ve pointed out is nobody has been over looked or held back from our academy they just haven’t been good enough for the standard that the club is.

You can watch all the U23 games on city player so it’s not hard to have a little watch of them to answer your question.

You must be his dad or something :lol: :lol:

Wed May 15, 2019 8:45 am

Lets be honest here - if you were Cameron and for whatever reason you couldnt get any first team experience etc - and then Man City (allegedly) make an offer - what would you do ?

You would be very tempted to up sticks and go - the only problem is - you may find yourself in an even harder position.
In all likely hood - Man City would loan out to a League1 / championship team for a couple of seasons.

In which case - he may as well stay here - and go batter Neil's door down - asking for a fair shout.

Neil - we know you read these forums on a daily basis - so give him a go..... :bluescarf:

Wed May 15, 2019 9:51 am

ReesWestonSuperMare wrote:Lets be honest here - if you were Cameron and for whatever reason you couldnt get any first team experience etc - and then Man City (allegedly) make an offer - what would you do ?

You would be very tempted to up sticks and go - the only problem is - you may find yourself in an even harder position.
In all likely hood - Man City would loan out to a League1 / championship team for a couple of seasons.

In which case - he may as well stay here - and go batter Neil's door down - asking for a fair shout.

Neil - we know you read these forums on a daily basis - so give him a go..... :bluescarf:

give this player a go ,or every player that's been mentioned on here as being decent in our academy ?
there have been many..