STURRIDGE ?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

STURRIDGE ?

Postby Whistler » Mon May 13, 2019 9:14 pm

Sturridge is out of contract with Liverpool this Summer, is he worth a punt ??? :o
Whistler

STURRIDGE ?

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: STURRIDGE ?

Postby fred keenor » Mon May 13, 2019 9:22 pm

He could keep jazz company in the treatment room :-)
fred keenor

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Mon May 13, 2019 9:33 pm

Not sure if this is a serious post or not tbh :lol: He's way way way too good for the championship and will probably end up at a top half to mid table prem club and lets not get started on his wages which will range from 60k-100k a week.
Bluebird Warrior

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Tue May 14, 2019 6:16 am

:lol:
As soon as I hears he’d probably be leaving Liverpool end of season I knew some clown would say we should go for him!
Congratulations
:lol:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby montyblue » Tue May 14, 2019 6:39 am

Don' think klopp would have any dealings with cardiff after his last rant about us booing his players, and the right back that was coming and went to bournmouth after telling neil he was our man
montyblue

Postby 2blue2handle » Tue May 14, 2019 9:31 am

montyblue wrote:Don' think klopp would have any dealings with cardiff after his last rant about us booing his players, and the right back that was coming and went to bournmouth after telling neil he was our man

If he is out of contract then it doesn't matter.

Klopp always has a moan. Wouldn't pay to much attention to that.

As for sturridge, he wouldn't drop to a champ club and we shouldn't be looking to pay big wages for injury prone players.
2blue2handle

Postby Sven » Tue May 14, 2019 9:34 am

montyblue wrote:Don' think klopp would have any dealings with cardiff after his last rant about us booing his players, and the right back that was coming and went to bournmouth after telling neil he was our man

Ah, that'll be the reason he doesn't come here, then! :thumbup:

Appreciate the heads up, as (like others) I was mistakenly thinking Sturridge was simply too good a player for the Championship! :roll:

Now wait for it...

SVEN... :lol:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Whistler » Tue May 14, 2019 10:20 am

Some interesting comments ! I just threw up the name to see what people think.
a few pointers which may help this discussion

1. no transfer fee payable.
2. he is not likely to be attractive to any top six club
3. he may want to try to re-establish himself so a promotion pushing side could be a good option
4. We could afford to pay good wages as there would not be and transfer fee to be paid

FOOD FOR THOUGHT :wave: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:
Whistler

Postby ThomasC » Tue May 14, 2019 10:30 am

Whistler wrote:Some interesting comments ! I just threw up the name to see what people think.

3. he may want to try to re-establish himself so a promotion pushing side could be a good option
4. We could afford to pay good wages as there would not be and transfer fee to be paid

he'd be better off goal-hanging in France, Turkey or the MLS. Championship not a great idea with the ammount of games and intensity.
ThomasC

Postby Mr Moo Cow » Tue May 14, 2019 10:55 am

What are we going to pay him in ?

I would think at least 100k a week
Mr Moo Cow

Postby dogfound » Tue May 14, 2019 11:35 am

Whistler wrote:Some interesting comments ! I just threw up the name to see what people think.

i think those that replied did think...not that it took much thought , certainly not long enough to eat any food.
dogfound

Postby montyblue » Tue May 14, 2019 12:35 pm

SVEN

would' nt have thought neil would want to bother with klopp and liverpool, he seemed pretty peed off about them last time around plus grujic affair.
In all seriousness wages to much plus he' s on the treatment table to much.
Oh Plus he scored against wales in the euros.
montyblue

Postby mistaflux75 » Tue May 14, 2019 12:46 pm

As if
mistaflux75

Postby Sven » Tue May 14, 2019 1:44 pm

montyblue wrote:SVEN

would' nt have thought neil would want to bother with klopp and liverpool, he seemed pretty peed off about them last time around plus grujic affair.

MONTYBLUE

Fair point, fekja! :thumbright: :laughing6:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby dogfound » Tue May 14, 2019 2:56 pm

hmmm
in most walks of life id agree...football is a bit different...and despite some having insane ideas about favourites over results the reality is, most managers would sign Attila the hun if they thought he would improve their team..
eg
a manager once said about a player in 2011 .......I can not abide people like that...….for many years I thought he was the gutter type..i was going to call him a sewer rat but that would be insulting to sewer rats...……………..I don't see him being at blackburn long as steve wont put up with him in the dressing room. ..I thinkl he will be the first to go and I hope he goes abroad as I wont miss watching him..he is a nasty little person....

in 2012...…….he signed the sewer rat...…. :lol: :lol:
guess the manager..?
dogfound

Postby 2blue2handle » Tue May 14, 2019 4:20 pm

dogfound wrote:

hmmm
in most walks of life id agree...football is a bit different...and despite some having insane ideas about favourites over results the reality is, most managers would sign Attila the hun if they thought he would improve their team..
eg
a manager once said about a player in 2011 .......I can not abide people like that...….for many years I thought he was the gutter type..i was going to call him a sewer rat but that would be insulting to sewer rats...……………..I don't see him being at blackburn long as steve wont put up with him in the dressing room. ..I thinkl he will be the first to go and I hope he goes abroad as I wont miss watching him..he is a nasty little person....

guess the manager..?

And also praised his professionalism in his book.
2blue2handle

Postby dogfound » Tue May 14, 2019 4:31 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
dogfound wrote:

hmmm
eg

guess the manager..?

And also praised his professionalism in his book.

its an extreme example but managers pick and sign players from clubs and managers they do not like frequently..
dogfound

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Tue May 14, 2019 6:59 pm

Keep digging your hole mate
:laughing6:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby welshrarebit » Tue May 14, 2019 7:42 pm

Would be happy on pay as you play?!

When fit he is too draw but we have had a lot of sicknotes some of whom are presently still with us. We need to be firing on all cylinders and any money should be well spent if possible. My fear is him on a big contract would be money spent on physios not goals.
welshrarebit

Postby smakerzthebluebird » Wed May 15, 2019 12:29 am

I’d like some of what people using this message board smoke

The guy is on the operating table more than a surgeons scalpel and people want to pay him 50k a week in the championship

I’m off for a while silly season started already
Founder of the forum whopper thread! Don't talk bollocks or you'll be added to the thread!!
smakerzthebluebird

Postby Bluesman » Wed May 15, 2019 4:59 am

Never in a million years. He gets injured tying his shoe laces. Another Jazz.
Bluesman

Postby Whistler » Wed May 15, 2019 8:03 am

ThomasC wrote:

he'd be better off goal-hanging in France, Turkey or the MLS. Championship not a great idea with the ammount of games and intensity.

I am just trying to stimulate debate, lets face it a fit and firing Sturridge would be an asset to any team :occasion5:
Whistler

Postby montyblue » Wed May 15, 2019 9:22 am

WHISTLER

fit and firing?
Sturridge a bit like zohore
He also would be an asset
But neither are if not fit.
montyblue

Postby Forgot Again » Wed May 15, 2019 11:35 am

As long as he leaves that stupid dance behind :cry: