' THE COMPLETE REVIEW OF KENNETH ZOHORE '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Savigma » Mon May 13, 2019 12:08 pm

Some of you would have noticed I stick by Zohore through thick and thin and probably think his performances are ALWAYS better than some people give him credit for.

Definitely going to get some fans try and find a middle ground by saying "sometimes he plays well, most of the time he doesn't", but I completely refuse to accept that.

Every performance that Zohore has offered us this season is what is instructed of him. He tries his best, works very hard, and when he has some games where he just doesn't win as many headers he is absolutely slated, and we have this made up time limit for him making out he's had enough time and chances and he needs to go.

I'm telling you now, the crowd do not consistently sing your name as they do every time Zohore is on the pitch if they think he's a waste of time. The ones who sing his name understand he was in an impossible situation at the start of the season where his only real scoring chances came from things he created himself, which explains the lack of goals. During the rest of the season it's not a surprise that once our wingers got up to scratch and we were playing the right players, that Zohore scored on his first appearance back from injury. I do think the games Niasse had played should have been Zohore but that's another issue for a different time that's passed.

I think Zohore is the one player who is always dismissed when he has a better game than most other players but just because he doesn't score or win some headers everything else about his game is completely ignored and I frankly think it's a bit of a shame because the threat and job he offers us is often the most important thing we have that is completely reliant to how we play. You see why Niasse has been dismissed since 2 weeks ago, he just wouldn't have the patience and composure to hold the ball up for his team mates, he just rushed it and took people on which sometimes really put us under pressure when he would lose it in our half.

Basically, I just hope we don't lose him in the window because we don't find anything near what he offers in my opinion.
Attachments
Kenneth Zohore.jpg
Kenneth Zohore.jpg (41.43 KiB) Viewed 4083 times
Savigma

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: The complete review of Zohore

Postby Sand Martin » Mon May 13, 2019 1:18 pm

he is shit and a donkey
Sand Martin

Postby pembroke allan » Mon May 13, 2019 1:19 pm

Sunday showed what he does that niasse couldn't do and that is find a fellow player after holding ball up! Yes he's it and miss but given he's a confidence player maybe nw should show bit patience next season? maybe he'll be an asset rather than a bit part player he's been all season... people say he's that chances to prove himself but did he get 9 or 10 games in row to do it like niasse did who proved usless at most things except run and hassle opposition which did a lot for us goals wise?
pembroke allan

Postby welshrarebit » Mon May 13, 2019 1:24 pm

I like him :roll:

He is however a bit of a sicknote! So is Jazz.
welshrarebit

Postby 2blue2handle » Mon May 13, 2019 2:31 pm

I like him, for me the best we currently have. I hope he stays for next season.
2blue2handle

Postby Lengee » Mon May 13, 2019 3:42 pm

He is a decent player (except for his heading ability) and we should keep him. I have said this on numerous threads.
He gets a lot of unfair criticism on here. :bluebird:
Lengee

Postby Wolfpac » Mon May 13, 2019 4:02 pm

He's more interested in showing off his wife on IG than he is in trying to play for the Bluebirds.

Waste of talent, and I hope the gimp is shipped out in the summer, can't stand shirkers and he's a massive donkey
Wolfpac

Postby BAMBA CREW » Mon May 13, 2019 5:33 pm

Absolute bullshit, he's living off two months of decent play.
BAMBA CREW

Postby stickywicket » Mon May 13, 2019 6:47 pm

Prehaps if we played Ball to feet it would bring the best out of Ken
stickywicket

Postby trotskie » Mon May 13, 2019 8:02 pm

Agree with the OP and I think giving the chance with Reid just behind him they could be lethal
trotskie

Postby steve davies » Tue May 14, 2019 6:17 am

Came back to pre season six pounds overweight and it apparently took the club over 6 weeks to get rid of the additional weight. The fact we didn’t sign a striker in the summer window should have been all the motivation he needed to step up to the mark but he continued to be lazy in training so based on that I would not trust him going forward. As other posters have said he had one purple patch two seasons ago and since then nothing. We need to replace him asap
steve davies

Postby dogfound » Tue May 14, 2019 9:40 am

steve davies wrote:Came back to pre season six pounds overweight and it apparently took the club over 6 weeks to get rid of the additional weight. The fact we didn’t sign a striker in the summer window should have been all the motivation he needed to step up to the mark but he continued to be lazy in training so based on that I would not trust him going forward. As other posters have said he had one purple patch two seasons ago and since then nothing. We need to replace him asap

I like Warnock and wouldn't change him for anyone..
but this lazy in training thing is a manager { warnock in this case } thing ,, there have been thousands of players who have achieved 10 times what Ken has who have been notorious at being lazy in training if they trained at all some pulling every excuse in the book not too train while others have been more open about it..
some managers take the view of its far more about when Saturday comes than on the training ground..others take a different view...neither is old school btw..its always been that way..
dogfound

Re: THE COMPLETE REVIEW OF KENNETH ZOHORE

Postby dogfound » Tue May 14, 2019 9:47 am

Savigma wrote:Some of you would have noticed I stick by Zohore through thick and thin and probably think his performances are ALWAYS better than some people give him credit for.

Definitely going to get some fans try and find a middle ground by saying "sometimes he plays well, most of the time he doesn't", but I completely refuse to accept that.

Every performance that Zohore has offered us this season is what is instructed of him. He tries his best, works very hard, and when he has some games where he just doesn't win as many headers he is absolutely slated, and we have this made up time limit for him making out he's had enough time and chances and he needs to go.

I'm telling you now, the crowd do not consistently sing your name as they do every time Zohore is on the pitch if they think he's a waste of time. The ones who sing his name understand he was in an impossible situation at the start of the season where his only real scoring chances came from things he created himself, which explains the lack of goals. During the rest of the season it's not a surprise that once our wingers got up to scratch and we were playing the right players, that Zohore scored on his first appearance back from injury. I do think the games Niasse had played should have been Zohore but that's another issue for a different time that's passed.

I think Zohore is the one player who is always dismissed when he has a better game than most other players but just because he doesn't score or win some headers everything else about his game is completely ignored and I frankly think it's a bit of a shame because the threat and job he offers us is often the most important thing we have that is completely reliant to how we play. You see why Niasse has been dismissed since 2 weeks ago, he just wouldn't have the patience and composure to hold the ball up for his team mates, he just rushed it and took people on which sometimes really put us under pressure when he would lose it in our half.

Basically, I just hope we don't lose him in the window because we don't find anything near what he offers in my opinion.

mate, I had an idiot stood next to me at O/T screaming at him to get back to defend having just made to sprints { amongst other things }
then DW comes on isn't even reading the game well enough to get close to where the ball is going and he gets praise { not so much knocking danny as making the point that some turn up with pre conceived ideas that they are un willing to drop }..football for some fans is not about being in the right place its about visibly gritting your teeth and running flat out to be where you should have been in the first place..
dogfound

Postby Deep Blue FC » Tue May 14, 2019 10:23 am

Every official player rating given to Zohore by Sky this season.

Man United - 7
Palace (sub) - 6
Liverpool (sub) - 5
Burnley - 7
Wolves - 5
Everton - 6
Watford (sub) - 4
Southampton (sub) - 6
Arsenal (sub) - 6
Man United (sub) - 7
Burnley - 5
Man City (sub) - 6
Huddersfield - 6
Newcastle - 5

He started 7 games this season.
Injured for some of it.

I think his average rating for the games he started was 6.5, bare in mind he's being judges as a premier league player, that's not bad at all.
Deep Blue FC

Re: ' THE COMPLETE REVIEW OF KENNETH ZOHORE '

Postby bluebird58 » Tue May 14, 2019 6:14 pm

As long as he stays fit, he’ll continue to cause problems to Championship defences next season.
First game Cardiff v Coventry City 1967
bluebird58

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Tue May 14, 2019 6:41 pm

He's been a good player for us in the past, but not for a long time.
He might get away with it in the championship if he's in the mood, but honestly it's time to move him on if we've got any ambition.
SirJimmySchoular

Postby Escott1927 » Tue May 14, 2019 6:53 pm

If we play zohore up top with Reid playing behind him we will get a lot more out of him next season. If he can stay fit anyway.

I would still prefer us to sign a proven goal scorer.
Escott1927

Postby noisycat » Tue May 14, 2019 7:46 pm

I agree with sticky wicket, we should play the ball to his feet and not knock the ball long for him to chase. For a big guy, he’s quite good with ball at his feet and also,at winning free kicks. If he plays up front with BCR, I think we’ve got an opportunity to open defences up with the right support.
noisycat

Postby Paul Keevil » Tue May 14, 2019 8:04 pm

Personally I would hate for him to go to another club and score a bundle. I think a year in the Championship would do him the world of good. Fitness Good before start of season. Easier championship defences. Find his goalscoring touch again.
He could be the new signing we didnt need to buy?

Would like to buy someone decent as well though just to make sure.
Looking for a Photographer?

Accredited Champions League, Premiership and FL Photographer
Cover RL, RU, Motorsport etc
Accredited - 2012 Olympic Games
Attend "Celebrity Events" - papping
Weddings & Porfolio Work
Paul Keevil

Postby fred keenor » Tue May 14, 2019 8:26 pm

In the last year of his contract so do we stick or twist.
Hes had enough chances So I don't see us keeping him
fred keenor

Postby Cardiff dyskinesia » Tue May 14, 2019 9:17 pm

Deep Blue FC wrote:Every official player rating given to Zohore by Sky this season.

Man United - 7
Palace (sub) - 6
Liverpool (sub) - 5
Burnley - 7
Wolves - 5
Everton - 6
Watford (sub) - 4
Southampton (sub) - 6
Arsenal (sub) - 6
Man United (sub) - 7
Burnley - 5
Man City (sub) - 6
Huddersfield - 6
Newcastle - 5

Injured for some of it.

I think his average rating for the games he started was 6.5, bare in mind he's being judges as a premier league player, that's not bad at all.

1 goal
Cardiff dyskinesia

Postby Blueman39 » Tue May 14, 2019 10:05 pm

Always liked him as a player when he’s fit but crap attitude at times......he will score in the championship without doubt but reckon it will be elsewhere....can’t see him wanting to stay another season myself
Blueman39

Postby thomasblue » Tue May 14, 2019 10:17 pm

I think Zahore is a very talented player, the problem is he is too inconsistent.

It's either our style of play does not suit his game or he is just not happy.

It's a shame with him because he has all the attributes to be a good premier league striker. Maybe a move to a team that plays the ball more on the floor would suit his game.

Saying that he is still worth 15+ goals next season in the championship. His partnership with Reid would be solid at that level
Last edited by thomasblue on Tue May 14, 2019 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thomasblue

Postby Deep Blue FC » Tue May 14, 2019 10:18 pm

Cardiff dyskinesia wrote:
Deep Blue FC wrote:Every official player rating given to Zohore by Sky this season.

Man United - 7
Palace (sub) - 6
Liverpool (sub) - 5
Burnley - 7
Wolves - 5
Everton - 6
Watford (sub) - 4
Southampton (sub) - 6
Arsenal (sub) - 6
Man United (sub) - 7
Burnley - 5
Man City (sub) - 6
Huddersfield - 6
Newcastle - 5

Injured for some of it.

1 goal

But he's a part of a jigsaw which is the team, which helps the 'team' score, whoever it is.

If we play someone else who's more of a goal scorer but offers nothing more then the outlet and the way we play will change. For example why would we want someone who's not particularly good at holding the ball up but scores a goal every game. Yeah, he's scoring but the lack of hold up play could mean we are constantly under attack and we're more likely to concede.

I just think with Zohore it keeps everything under control, so even if it's not specifically him scoring, the way he plays contributes to someone scoring and also our defenders not under constant pressure.
We saw it with Niasse's last game, we were under constant pressure and Niasse just wouldn't switch on and realize it, he kept trying to take on his man when we needed him to hold the ball for a little bit to allow us to recover. We've seen a different sort of problem with Madine, where his hold up play is good, but his lack of pace means he can't really carry the ball so he was lacking mobility on the ball, which also hinders us as a team.

Zohore brings the balance of everything in my opinion, and also chips in with a few goals as an addition, which he will obviously get better at the more he plays. Baring in mind this season was tough for everyone, especially a striker who's had little chances to score particularly at the beginning of the season.
Deep Blue FC

Return to General Chat