The good and the not so good of the Premier League Season

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby bluebird58 » Wed May 15, 2019 1:35 pm

THE GOOD THINGS FROM THE SEASON:-

The performances of Neil Etheridge in goal - I'm pretty sure a Premier League team will come in for him this summer and he will be back in the top league next season.
The togetherness of the fans, and their loyalty to Neil Warnock. Despite the season long struggle against relegation, the fans remained united and firmly behind the team. Such a contrast to our last trip 5 years ago.
The Junior Hoilett winner against Wolves - I still can't believe how he managed to keep that ball under control!
We had 4 more points than our last trip to the league. Also, 3 more wins, and 4 more clean sheets.

THE NOT SO GOOD THINGS:-

Clearly, the Emiliano Sala incident. This spoilt the mood of the club for well over a month.
That offside goal that Chelsea scored at the Cardiff City Stadium.
The gap between the top 6 clubs (especially the top 2!) is now much greater than our last trip to the PL 5 years ago.
The diabolical home loss to Watford.
The home loss to Man Utd (although we did at least get revenge for that!)

This is an excerpt from my Premier League Bluebird blog - my last entry until we return!

https://premierleaguebluebird.blogspot. ... eview.html
First game Cardiff v Coventry City 1967
bluebird58

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: The good and the not so good of the Premier League Seaso

Postby Don Keydick » Wed May 15, 2019 3:37 pm

Pretty much agree with all of that. I would add that our 2-0 win and performance against West Ham was as good as any, as well as winning away at Brighton. The home defeat by Burnley hurt, as I thought they mugged us, and the most disappointing result apart from the Watford one, has to be Fulham away, never understand why we didn't go for it from the first whistle. :banghead:
Don Keydick

Re: The good and the not so good of the Premier League Seaso

Postby dogfound » Wed May 15, 2019 4:06 pm

and we won at Old Trafford..

which all though the points meant little was still the most high place we have won in my football supporting days.
glad I went now ,very nearly did not..
dogfound

Return to General Chat