Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bobby Reid Centre Midfield?

Wed May 15, 2019 9:04 pm

As we know we are short on men now in centre midfield. If warnock plays a 433 with a holding midfielder like he did last championship campaign and sometimes this season why not have bobby reid as a centre midfielder in one of them places?
He got goals in his locker and can score them from midfield. His size shouldnt matter because look at the season bernardo silva had in a centre midfield for man city this season.
Bobby reid was always a centre midfielder for bristol city before getting moved to a second striker role so he can play centre midfield so why not put him back there?
Yes he could play as a second striker with 2 men behind him holding but why not have him in midfield too breaking forward with another attacking midfielder and one defensive midfielder holding behind them? This could be an ideal midfield imo....
Kalvin Phillips of leeds holding with bobby reid and bradley dack in front then pulling the strings and breaking forward scoring goals... 10 million for dack 10 million for phillips, add another striker to that sign danny simpson on a free and we are laughing..

Opinions?

Re: Bobby Reid Centre Midfield?

Wed May 15, 2019 9:16 pm

That's what he was bought for originally, but camarasa stopped him playing there according to warnock. I'm personally very excited to see him in that role. Could become our best player.

Wed May 15, 2019 9:41 pm

LaBamba wrote:That's what he was bought for originally, but camarasa stopped him playing there according to warnock. I'm personally very excited to see him in that role. Could become our best player.

Yes excited for reid for next season. Could be his breakthrough season in a city shirt and cement his place in the team for years to come..

Thu May 16, 2019 1:44 am

I dismissed this when I read the headline, but maybe it makes sense.
Wouldn't he have featured here when we were short in that position if he could do it though ?

Thu May 16, 2019 7:57 am

Always thought that Warnock wanted to play with 2 DMs in the Premier league which meant only 1 of Reid and Camarasa could play.
Hopefully he'll be able to play with 1 DM and 2AMs in the Championship, so that Reid can play alongside another behind a central striker.

Thu May 16, 2019 10:28 am

Gaynor Straight wrote:Always thought that Warnock wanted to play with 2 DMs in the Premier league which meant only 1 of Reid and Camarasa could play.
Hopefully he'll be able to play with 1 DM and 2AMs in the Championship, so that Reid can play alongside another behind a central striker.

I think it was a mix in prem, sometimes gunnar holding with camrassa and arter pushing forward as cm or sometimes gunnar and arter deeper with camarassa as an attacking midfielder.

Interesting to see what midfield options we go to sign but i think bobby reid could be capable of playing either of camarassas roles from this season and not just be an option to play an advanced midfielder behind the striker.

Thu May 16, 2019 1:00 pm

Gaynor Straight wrote:Always thought that Warnock wanted to play with 2 DMs in the Premier league which meant only 1 of Reid and Camarasa could play.

I think some people think we are going to see some good attacking football now we have dropped down a division and I think they will be in for a shock. You only have to look at the last quarter of our last championship campaign, where we were playing some of the worst football ive seen, grinding out results and more of less defending and hoping on a set piece. Im not knocking it, we did what we had to do and we went up.

But i'm really not expecting us to change to a attacking team over night and the championship will be as tough as ever.

Thu May 16, 2019 1:15 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

I think some people think we are going to see some good attacking football now we have dropped down a division and I think they will be in for a shock. You only have to look at the last quarter of our last championship campaign, where we were playing some of the worst football ive seen, grinding out results and more of less defending and hoping on a set piece. Im not knocking it, we did what we had to do and we went up.

But i'm really not expecting us to change to a attacking team over night and the championship will be as tough as ever.

Spot on, but that's what we need to do. We need to do it better and more ruthlessly though.
I think we'll score a lot more goals though because we're a lot better than we used to be and defences in the championship are a lot worse than in the Premiership.
They'll all get away with more at that level , including Bobby

Thu May 16, 2019 4:36 pm

Too lightweight for the championship in that role , needs to play further forward and have two solid midfielders behind him

Thu May 16, 2019 4:37 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Spot on, but that's what we need to do. We need to do it better and more ruthlessly though.
I think we'll score a lot more goals though because we're a lot better than we used to be and defences in the championship are a lot worse than in the Premiership.
They'll all get away with more at that level , including Bobby[/quo]

Agree, I think we will be ruthless this season. Etheridge is much better now, we have the same top defence, NML is better now and we have Murphy and Reid on top. Also quality cover at LB and GK. A couple of midfielders and we are much stronger than last time

Thu May 16, 2019 5:05 pm

Will play where he played this season off the striker and score a hat full of goals.

Thu May 16, 2019 6:48 pm

Got to play him with a big striker, that’s how he scored 20 goals for Bristol City in Championship? Who was striker with him ?

Thu May 16, 2019 7:53 pm

Not exited at all with possible madine amd zohore as front men
have we not learned our lesson
Basically they are not up to it,
Thats why madine was sent out on loan and zohore did' nt get much of a look in, behind niasse
I was exited when we pushed the boat out for sala 15 mill

So i hope that neils budget for possibly bringing in 6 players exceeds 15 mill