Apparently Neil Etheridge

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Thu May 16, 2019 6:10 am

Apparently Neil Etheridge was on only £6,000 a week in his first season under Neil Warnock and then it went up to approx £9,000 after promotion.

You have to say Neil Warnock knows how to find a bargain, thats where Neil Warnock is superb on :thumbright: :bluebird:

At this current moment Etheridge has NO intentions of leaving Cardiff City, he is in the middle of having a massive refurbishment in his home and is more than happy here :thumbright: :bluebird:

If Etheridge leaves Cardiff it will be City wanting the money not Etheridge wanting to leave, just like David Marshall.
Attachments
0_Manchester-City-v-Cardiff-City-Premier-League.jpg
0_Manchester-City-v-Cardiff-City-Premier-League.jpg (52.03 KiB) Viewed 12273 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Apparently Neil Etheridge

Postby Forever Blue » Thu May 16, 2019 6:16 am

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby WelshSerb » Thu May 16, 2019 6:33 am

Don’t think etheridge would go to West Ham to sit on their bench
WelshSerb

Postby Sneggyblubird » Thu May 16, 2019 6:57 am

Must admit I am surprised by that.If anyone deserves to be on 20k a week at this club its Etheridge.Money talks and even 20k p/w is what I think most prem clubs would pay to secure his services.
Sneggyblubird

Postby Forever Blue » Thu May 16, 2019 7:15 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:Must admit I am surprised by that.If anyone deserves to be on 20k a week at this club its Etheridge.Money talks and even 20k p/w is what I think most prem clubs would pay to secure his services.

Martin, remember Etheridge was a steal from Walsall and he would of been on peanuts there.

This where Warnock is superb, Neil Etheridge, Mendez-Laing, Sol Bamba , Junior Hoilett etc :thumbright:

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby bluebird58 » Thu May 16, 2019 7:40 am

I think we’ll probably cash in on Etheridge. It makes sense for him and the club. The transformation from slightly hesitant back up keeper to established Premier League quality has been fascinating. Warnock has been instrumental in this, but major credit must go to goalkeeping coach Andy Dibble .
First game Cardiff v Coventry City 1967
bluebird58

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Thu May 16, 2019 7:54 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:Must admit I am surprised by that.If anyone deserves to be on 20k a week at this club its Etheridge.Money talks and even 20k p/w is what I think most prem clubs would pay to secure his services.

Something is wrong wage wise when NE earns £9kpw for playing in the PL and Tomlin £30kpw playing for Peterborough in League 1 :shock:
Tony Blue Williams

Postby thomasblue » Thu May 16, 2019 7:57 am

It makes the Smithies transfer even more strange.
If these figures are correct then Smithies I would assume due to his price is on around 15-20k a week.

Probably double the guy who is #1 but didn't play a minute of league football and was dropped altogether for a back up keeper the last two months
thomasblue

Postby Jock » Thu May 16, 2019 8:05 am

His low wage will reduce his transfer value.
Jock

Postby theclaw » Thu May 16, 2019 8:16 am

Can’t see both Etheridge or Smithies staying.
theclaw

Postby Llan_Blue » Thu May 16, 2019 9:45 am

Jock wrote:His low wage will reduce his transfer value.

It won’t have any effect on it.
Llan_Blue

Postby Escott1927 » Thu May 16, 2019 10:28 am

theclaw wrote:Can’t see both Etheridge or Smithies staying.

Doubt we will sell our first and second choice keeper. If Etheridge goes smithies will be our first choice keeper next season.

If we are to sell Etheridge it’s best to cash in now whilst his value is high. Otherwise it will be like the Marshall situation all over again. Offered 10mill one season and sell him for a few mill the next season.
Escott1927

Postby 2blue2handle » Thu May 16, 2019 10:46 am

I said the same about Marshall when went down and although I'm happy for him ton stay I think if a good offer comes in then we sell while his value is at its highest.

We have smithies who is a capable keeper as well.
2blue2handle

Postby dogfound » Thu May 16, 2019 10:50 am

Escott1927 wrote:

Doubt we will sell our first and second choice keeper. If Etheridge goes smithies will be our first choice keeper next season.

If we are to sell Etheridge it’s best to cash in now whilst his value is high. Otherwise it will be like the Marshall situation all over again. Offered 10mill one season and sell him for a few mill the next season.

were we really offered 10 mill for Marshall ?
dogfound

Postby Escott1927 » Thu May 16, 2019 11:46 am

dogfound wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:

Maybe that was the price tag we put on him actually. He definitely went for a lot less the following season anyway.
Escott1927

Postby Forever Blue » Thu May 16, 2019 11:55 am

Escott1927 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:

Maybe that was the price tag we put on him actually. He definitely went for a lot less the following season anyway.

We received no more than £5mill.

We

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby 2blue2handle » Thu May 16, 2019 12:21 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:

We received no more than £5mill.

We

I thought we got less than that in the end. Wasnt it a couple of million and the rest if Hull stayed up.

We should have sold him way earlier
2blue2handle

Postby bluesince62 » Thu May 16, 2019 1:07 pm

Would rather we kept our best players,offload a few of the misfiring forwards,if we need to raise money for a forward :?: Etheridge loves nw,don't think he wants to go anywhere,of course it's up to the club in the end.and double his salary :thumbup: :old: :bluebird:
bluesince62

Postby dogfound » Thu May 16, 2019 1:22 pm

bluesince62 wrote:Would rather we kept our best players,offload a few of the misfiring forwards,if we need to raise money for a forward :?: Etheridge loves nw,don't think he wants to go anywhere,of course it's up to the club in the end.and double his salary :thumbup: :old: :bluebird:

agree
ive never understood the ...if we can get x amount thinking tbh....or at least ive never understood it coming from fans .. should want to keep the ones being used most surely ?
dogfound

Postby Walinoz » Thu May 16, 2019 3:25 pm

Why would the club want him to leave if they are serious about a promotion push , proved himself in the championship and the premier league
Walinoz

Postby Bluesman » Thu May 16, 2019 3:29 pm

Excellent keeper, but please can someone teach him to kick.
Bluesman

Postby Llan_Blue » Thu May 16, 2019 5:01 pm

Reading some of these comments has made me laugh bonkers some of you.

Thinking you can work out people’s wages from there transfer fee and that :lol:
Llan_Blue

Postby Jock » Thu May 16, 2019 5:49 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:Reading some of these comments has made me laugh bonkers some of you.

The argument is if you value a player so highly why have you paid him so badly, it’s not unusual for a club to jack up salary and get the player to sign an improved contract when they know a bids imminent.
Jock

Postby Llan_Blue » Thu May 16, 2019 5:58 pm

Jock wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:Reading some of these comments has made me laugh bonkers some of you.

The argument is if you value a player so highly why have you paid him so badly, it’s not unusual for a club to jack up salary and get the player to sign an improved contract when they know a bids imminent.

The simple answer to that would be he’s probably on 9x the wage he was on two seasons ago.

It’s a stupid argument and you only have to look at spurs who it’s widely know don’t pay top wages to there players but always manage to get top transfer fees for there players.

It’s just another made up myth.

Just look at that Ajax team that’s going to be sold for big money I bet they aren’t on massive wages.

When you give somebody a contract you pay them what there worth at the time. there worth can increase or decrease during that time but you wouldn’t give them a new contract every six months.
Llan_Blue

Postby norms76 » Thu May 16, 2019 7:15 pm

Well Dalman has got no plans to sell any of our players, seems he’s backing Warnock and keep what we got. This is a quote below of what he said earlier today. Very good news.

“Warnock will be backed in the transfer market. He wants at least two quality midfielders and a proven goalscorer and we will back him.

We have no plans to sell Etheridge, Manga or Bennett who have attracted interest or any other main players."

- Mehmet Dalman
norms76

Postby dogfound » Thu May 16, 2019 7:21 pm

Jock wrote:

I think the argument works the other way...eg if a club is prepared to pay x amount his agent will argue if he is worth x his new wages should be in line..
but many players especially young ones will be on low wages that will not deter the selling club wanting a big fee...Rambo was an example..Danny James at the moment could well be another..
dogfound

Postby TopCat CCFC » Thu May 16, 2019 8:30 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

Something is wrong wage wise when NE earns £9kpw for playing in the PL and Tomlin £30kpw playing for Peterborough in League 1 :shock:

Spot On .
TopCat CCFC

Postby Sven » Thu May 16, 2019 10:19 pm

Bluesman wrote:Excellent keeper, but please can someone teach him to kick.

I think you're behind the times with that comment; Etheridge improved greatly and it was the lack of the right attacking players to meet the ball up field that was more of a problem ;)
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Sven » Fri May 17, 2019 9:51 am

Neil Etheridge not going to West Ham report...

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=207448
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby 2blue2handle » Fri May 17, 2019 10:07 am

Sven wrote:
Bluesman wrote:Excellent keeper, but please can someone teach him to kick.

I think you're behind the times with that comment; Etheridge improved greatly and it was the lack of the right attacking players to meet the ball up field that was more of a problem ;)

It's just the other 50% that go straight into touch to work on now :lol:
2blue2handle

Return to General Chat