THE BURNLEY MODEL

A forum for all things Cardiff City

THE BURNLEY MODEL

Postby Whistler » Thu May 16, 2019 2:33 pm

When we got promoted last year much was said about following the Burnley model, well I do think it has its merits in the fact that they did a YOYO before establishing themselves in the Premier. I would hope that the Burnley model is a stepping stone to bigger and better things, at least we know the Fulham model is certainly in the bin!
Rather than the Burnley model I would prefer to see the Watford model minus the ever changing manager. Lets face it we would give our right arm to be where Watford are now. So two things to ponder over this Summer.

1. An investment of around £20M alongside the best promotion Manager in the Championship should give us a cutting edge in the coming season.
2. If a Watford model is followed what price Cardiff being able to exceed Watford given our catchment area without any competing clubs too close to us.

THE FUTURE'S BRIGHT THE FUTURE'S BLUE :bluebird: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :ayatollah: :occasion5:
Whistler

THE BURNLEY MODEL

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: THE BURNLEY MODEL

Postby HarriRhys22 » Thu May 16, 2019 7:24 pm

Burnley were the worst side I saw us play against but 2 shots and two goals showed what good strikers can do, we had 22 shots for our 1 goal. Watford would be the side I’d like to copy but we do not have a foreign Manager with the right contacts!
HarriRhys22

Postby HarriRhys22 » Thu May 16, 2019 7:25 pm

Burnley were the worst side I saw us play against but 2 shots and two goals showed what good strikers can do, we had 22 shots for our 1 goal. Watford would be the side I’d like to copy but we do not have a foreign Manager with the right contacts!
HarriRhys22

Postby Llan_Blue » Thu May 16, 2019 8:06 pm

What’s the Watford model?

When they say the Burnley model they are talking about how the club is run not the way the team plays on the pitch.
Llan_Blue

Postby worcester_ccfc » Fri May 17, 2019 1:29 am

Llan_Blue wrote:What’s the Watford model?

When they say the Burnley model they are talking about how the club is run not the way the team plays on the pitch.

I'd say the Watford model is sacking your manager every season - going by their past record.

It's worked for them and could end up in the Europa League next season in the unlikely event they beat Man City on Saturday, but personally I don't think it would work for most clubs and not something I agree with.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby RV Casual » Fri May 17, 2019 4:19 am

Not a fan of the terminology tbh.

I don't believe Football is as simple as that.

All Clubs are unique, you can't just follow the lead of another.

The Burnley/Watford/Bournemouth 'model' could fall apart in an instant like the Stoke/Swansea ones did, theres an element of forward planning but Football is all about the here and now these days IMO.
RV Casual

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Fri May 17, 2019 9:10 am

Not sure if id call it a model but id say Watford's team is a mixture of power, pace and some very good technically gifted players which allow them to compete with teams like Everton, Bournemouth, West Ham and Wolves but also allows them to compete physically with teams like ourselves, Burnley, Newcastle and the like. I personally would like to see us mould into something similar but obviously without the constant sacking of managers every season.
Bluebird Warrior

Return to General Chat