Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ninian Upper

Mon May 13, 2019 1:14 pm

Is it open next season if not how many times other than Swansea would it be used

Re: Ninian Upper

Mon May 13, 2019 1:23 pm

65Blue wrote:Is it open next season if not how many times other than Swansea would it be used

Try buying st see if it's open? :laughing6:

Mon May 13, 2019 1:27 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
65Blue wrote:Is it open next season if not how many times other than Swansea would it be used

It's still on eticketing. But here's a screenshot. Not many are taken (and this is the block right on halfway). I can see them being moved.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon May 13, 2019 1:42 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

Why when I have had a ST elsewhere for 50 years, or perhaps you dont do humour very well

Mon May 13, 2019 1:43 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

It's still on eticketing. But here's a screenshot. Not many are taken (and this is the block right on halfway). I can see them being moved.

Cheers I can see gatesdrop to approx.24k

Mon May 13, 2019 2:05 pm

65Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Why when I have had a ST elsewhere for 50 years, or perhaps you dont do humour very well

No have lousy sense humour! :mrgreen: May as well ask why did you want to know if already st holder elsewhere? And as been put it's on e -ticketing so would presume it is open at least for now :thumbup:

Mon May 13, 2019 3:39 pm

65Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Intrigued by the amount of plastics we lose as I say going for 24k average next season to start with and hopefully it will build

Mon May 13, 2019 4:43 pm

65Blue wrote:
65Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Intrigued by the amount of plastics we lose as I say going for 24k average next season to start with and hopefully it will build

Ahhh right yes there are lots but a drop down does mean less crowds and funny enough villa closed their upper stand when they went down so not unique to city other clubs do same it's about cost cutting with less staff, problem is if they've sold st for red seats difficult to move people without causing lots to ask for refunds, would you want to move to front row in ninian or middle of canton where everyone stand? Do think be open for this season at least but fail to go up it will be closed :thumbup:

Mon May 13, 2019 6:06 pm

Same happened last time , difficult to close now as there won’t be many decent seats left to pick from

Mon May 13, 2019 6:08 pm

Makes sense to close it.

Should have been removed from e-ticketing when relegation was confirmed really.

Mon May 13, 2019 8:00 pm

Think the club would struggle to rehouse people in equivalent seats if they closed it.

Mon May 13, 2019 8:03 pm

Think the club would struggle to rehouse people in equivalent seats if they closed it.

Mon May 13, 2019 8:48 pm

I’ve renewed mine and my sons st.and know plenty who have aswell.
If they decide to close it and offer seats in another section will they offer them at same price

Mon May 13, 2019 9:07 pm

Bluey29 wrote:I’ve renewed mine and my sons st.and know plenty who have aswell.
If they decide to close it and offer seats in another section will they offer them at same price

They'd have to offer you something to make it attractive I imagine?! Why not move anyway? Plenty of space in the main bowl now. I've not sat up the top before but I imagine the atmosphere isn't as good? Especially with a half full block next season.

Tue May 14, 2019 12:15 am

WTF - The Cardiff City super fans usual suspects are at it again,”Plastics” they paid their money FFS what makes you better than any other Cardiff fan.I hate that non sensical term.

Tue May 14, 2019 8:11 am

Clubfortyfourer wrote:WTF - The Cardiff City super fans usual suspects are at it again,”Plastics” they paid their money FFS what makes you better than any other Cardiff fan.I hate that non sensical term.

Let me rephrase it , will those who purchased a ticket to watch Liverpool, Man U last season be renewing so we have an idea if the upper stand will reopen. My interest is the greater the crowd the greater chance we have of doing well which was demonstrated this year

Wed May 22, 2019 6:23 pm

I've just noticed. They've taken Upper Ninian off eticketing.

Wed May 22, 2019 9:25 pm

Those red seats don't seem as bad when you can't see them because they are sat on!

Wed May 22, 2019 11:03 pm

65Blue wrote:
Clubfortyfourer wrote:WTF - The Cardiff City super fans usual suspects are at it again,”Plastics” they paid their money FFS what makes you better than any other Cardiff fan.I hate that non sensical term.

Let me rephrase it , will those who purchased a ticket to watch Liverpool, Man U last season be renewing so we have an idea if the upper stand will reopen. My interest is the greater the crowd the greater chance we have of doing well which was demonstrated this year

Total bollocks the season we got promoted we had shit crowds.

Thu May 23, 2019 7:20 am

Intrigued by the amount of plastics we lose as I say going for 24k average next season to start with and hopefully it will build[/quote]

Here we go, quick out of blocks this year with this * plastics * shite. These ' superfan's ' do my head in :banghead:

Thu May 23, 2019 11:27 am

No problem with Ninian upper stand, best view in the ground. However I have moved season tickets as a precaution after speaking to ticket office this morning and didn’t want to be randomly placed, although they have said no decision has been made to close it next season.

Thu May 23, 2019 11:36 am

Ninian Road Blue wrote:No problem with Ninian upper stand, best view in the ground. However I have moved season tickets as a precaution after speaking to ticket office this morning and didn’t want to be randomly placed, although they have said no decision has been made to close it next season.

Clearly the club are waiting on season ticket sales before making that decision, as there are financial and staffing considerations of opening the stand when space is available 'downstairs'

Only time will tell but I think on balance, you are right to 'play safe' whilst you have the choice, as it is likely we will sell less than 20,000 season tickets (still a good number for the championship and considering our crowds of the past) and the club will probably take the decision to open the Upper Ninian only when demand dictates