Bacuna stars for Curacao and scores in 3-1 win v India

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Chris Holmes » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:22 pm

King's Cup 2019: Curacao beats India 3-1
5 JUNE, 2019 1

India returns to the iconic King's Cup after a gap of 38 years vs Curacao in Buriram.

3-1 | Leandro Bacuna has the freedom of Buriram outside India's box and he fires the ball into the bottom corner to re-establish the two-goal advantage

35' The 27-year-old in fact plays for Championship club Cardiff City, and has also played for Aston Villa and Reading.

34' Bacuna makes it 3-1 to Curacao! A cheeky backheel finds him on the edge of the box and he pummels it past Gurpreet to restore Curacao's two-goal advantage. There's no one marking him and he scores with ease. It appears so easy that the Curacao players don't even celebrate the goal!

India XI - Gurpreet Singh Sandhu, Subhasish Bose, Sandesh Jhingan, Rahul Bheke, Pritam Kotal, Pronay Halder, Sahal Abdul Samad, Lallianzuala Chhangte, Brandon Fernandes, Udanta Singh, Suni Chhetri.

Curacao XI - Eloy Room, Cuco Martina, Darryl Lachman, Jurich Carolina, Michael Maria, Rolieny Bonevacia, Leandro Bacuna, Gebaro Nepomuceno, Jurien Gaari, Elson Hooi, Jafar Arias.

India’s clash against Curacao, which is ranked 82 in the latest FIFA World ranking, will mark India's return to the iconic King's Cup — one of Asia's oldest International tournaments — after a gap of 38 years.
Chris Holmes

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Bacuna stars for Curacao and scores in 3-1 win v India

Postby worcester_ccfc » Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:58 am

He did well when called upon last season.

I think he'll be a good player for us in the Championship. In all honesty, I believe he's not Premier League level but a decent player for the second tier.

His versatility will be crucial for us.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby FloridaBluebird » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:27 am

I have read a few reports that people don’t rate him. I thought he did well considering he was 100% fit an acclimated to our squad. He showed some real quality at times and I think he will turn out to be a good signing for us this season
FloridaBluebird

Postby thomasblue » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:33 am

FloridaBluebird wrote:I have read a few reports that people don’t rate him. I thought he did well considering he was 100% fit an acclimated to our squad. He showed some real quality at times and I think he will turn out to be a good signing for us this season

Really ?
I cant remember any quality he showed, all I remember is him chasing shadows after losing his man time after time.
He was way out of his depth but he will be more comfortable in the championship
thomasblue

Postby buckleys brewery » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:55 am

FloridaBluebird wrote:I have read a few reports that people don’t rate him. I thought he did well considering he was 100% fit an acclimated to our squad. He showed some real quality at times and I think he will turn out to be a good signing for us this season

I must have gone to the toilet, when he was showing this quality you speak of.
buckleys brewery

Postby 2blue2handle » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:04 am

I thought he was poor but more than willing to give him a chance.
2blue2handle

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:22 am

Oh, come on !
He was playing for a country most people thought was just a kind of liquor against India !
I mean, well done and everything but I don't think we can regard it as any indication that he's going to be able to do that against PSG
SirJimmySchoular

Postby JJ1927 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:11 pm

Looked good when he came on against Southampton but after that it was all downhill as far as I could see. May have been playing out of position because of our midfield injury crises so I wont pass judgement just yet.
JJ1927

Postby dogfound » Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:18 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:Oh, come on !
He was playing for a country most people thought was just a kind of liquor against India !
I mean, well done and everything but I don't think we can regard it as any indication that he's going to be able to do that against PSG

Ponging Swansea Gypos ?
dogfound

Postby llan bluebird » Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:43 pm

He was quite decent as Gunnars replacement, but not very good at all when playing ahead of Gunnar as part of a two. He is an athletic defensive (stopper) midfielder.
llan bluebird

Postby BluebirdForever » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:57 pm

Playing against Leeds, West Brom and Derby will be different to playing Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea though...

You can't say he's no good just because the best players in some of the best squads in the world played better than him :? I don't understand the constant need for a public lynching of our own players from our own fans :?
BluebirdForever

Postby 2blue2handle » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:46 pm

BluebirdForever wrote:Playing against Leeds, West Brom and Derby will be different to playing Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea though...

You can't say he's no good just because the best players in some of the best squads in the world played better than him :? I don't understand the constant need for a public lynching of our own players from our own fans :?

I agree and disagree.

Let's judge him on how he does next season.

However my concerns in the little I seen of him is more about the basics, doesn't seem to press enough, doesn't really win the ball or tackle and his passing was woeful.

He may just not have settled or maybe just found the step up to much but he needs to offer more.
2blue2handle

Postby bluesince62 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:07 pm

BluebirdForever wrote:Playing against Leeds, West Brom and Derby will be different to playing Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea though...

I'm with you on this :ayatollah: until the season starts,and players perform or don't, then is the time for criticism, not before in my eyes. :ayatollah: :old: :bluebird:
bluesince62

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:49 pm

bluesince62 wrote:

I'm with you on this :ayatollah: until the season starts,and players perform or don't, then is the time for criticism, not before in my eyes. :ayatollah: :old: :bluebird:

No ones lynching him. He's been around for a long time so we can have a fair idea of what he's capable of and its not really what we need to replace the likes of Gunnarson or Arter.
He's a good professional though , who'd be a squad player really and he can sometimes be quite spectacular , but not not very often - somewhere between Bryson and Ronnie Bird maybe.
We need a couple of good quality midfielders and yet I keep seeing us linked with wingers despite having so many that we just released quite a good one. It's an area which we need to spend money on and work hard to persuade good players to come
SirJimmySchoular

Postby dogfound » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:01 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:

No ones lynching him. He's been around for a long time so we can have a fair idea of what he's capable of and its not really what we need to replace the likes of Gunnarson or Arter.
He's a good professional though , who'd be a squad player really and he can sometimes be quite spectacular , but not not very often - somewhere between Bryson and Ronnie Bird maybe.
We need a couple of good quality midfielders and yet I keep seeing us linked with wingers despite having so many that we just released quite a good one. It's an area which we need to spend money on and work hard to persuade good players to come

well 96 premier league apps { more than anyone else at the club or the 2 you mention have managed } should mean something..?
I think he has been brought in to be Gunners replacement { we knew he was leaving } and last season he was fitting in where and when needed .. im more than happy to give him a go next season..
dogfound

Return to General Chat