Tommy Robinson

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Tommy Robinson

Postby WelshPatriot » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:14 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:Whatever way you look at this, that is uncomfortable viewing.

With his wife or not, he is not in any danger what so ever. Just look at the awe inspired groupies following him. Just showboating to the groupies that he still has it.

That was a bully who knew he had the numbers. He wouldn't have done that in any other circumstance. I am over 50 so have seen this countless times at football, with poor buggers being in the wrong place at the wrong time, you have to instinctively work out the severity of your situation and adapt accordingly.

The victim because that is what he is, didn't have to provoke that situation. I find Robinson abhorrent, but that doesn't give me the right to abuse him, even if he is on the stump trying for office. There is no way in a million years I would do that at an England football match surrounded by mob mentality mindless idiots. However, that doesn't give him the right to assault anyone.

If you believe in his politics, fine. But he is no hero in this situation.

Well said,and to add this guy has a platform that influences people just like any other politician/celeb.You've got to expect you'll get this when your in his shoes.The kind of abuse he got is wrong but it is no different to what all politicians get as well as most high profile people in other walks of life.That youtube vid was also pathetic,he's done himself no favours here.

So he has to accept abuse when out with his wife?? Seriously you think that's ok??

Your putting it out there that given his status and profile no part of his life is off limits.

That's just wrong on so many levels. You probably think it's acceptable that be gets death threats against him, his wife and kids every day "it's part of the job"
WelshPatriot

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby llan bluebird » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:14 am

rumpo kid wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:Whatever way you look at this, that is uncomfortable viewing.

With his wife or not, he is not in any danger what so ever. Just look at the awe inspired groupies following him. Just showboating to the groupies that he still has it.

That was a bully who knew he had the numbers. He wouldn't have done that in any other circumstance. I am over 50 so have seen this countless times at football, with poor buggers being in the wrong place at the wrong time, you have to instinctively work out the severity of your situation and adapt accordingly.

The victim because that is what he is, didn't have to provoke that situation. I find Robinson abhorrent, but that doesn't give me the right to abuse him, even if he is on the stump trying for office. There is no way in a million years I would do that at an England football match surrounded by mob mentality mindless idiots. However, that doesn't give him the right to assault anyone.

The difference in this case, and in football parlance, is that this guy wasnt a poor bugger. From the film, he went looking for it, and must have been aware of the possible outcomes. If he was'nt, then he's a bit dim.

I do get it in football parlance. But, we live in a changing world. I started football in the early 80's. Being seen in opposition colours or casual around the street of Cardiff would have resulted in murder. Nowadays we are sharing pints with them. There is a generation who don't quite get it. Tommy Robinson is still old school, yes the lad was daft and probably pissed. But, Tommy Robinson is or wants to be a public figure, not a nobody. He cant have it both ways. If it wasn't him it wouldn't be a story. This happen at least 10 times a city away game. But id he wants to be taken serious he can't do this.
llan bluebird

Postby rumpo kid » Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:26 am

Maybe he's had his fill of heroes..
rumpo kid

Postby Sneggyblubird » Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:53 am

WelshPatriot wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

Well said,and to add this guy has a platform that influences people just like any other politician/celeb.You've got to expect you'll get this when your in his shoes.The kind of abuse he got is wrong but it is no different to what all politicians get as well as most high profile people in other walks of life.That youtube vid was also pathetic,he's done himself no favours here.

So he has to accept abuse when out with his wife?? Seriously you think that's ok??
Where did I say that you feckin tool
Your putting it out there that given his status and profile no part of his life is off limits.
Anybody that has a public profile is unfortunately subject to this.Do you think someone like Katie Hopkins can just swan about the streets these days,no but she realises there's a price to pay for her infamy.Even some like Peers Morgan can't go just where his fancy takes him,christ,you've only got to look at the gaffer and see the amount of dogs abuse he gets because he's outspoken on a public platform.Penny drop yet?
That's just wrong on so many levels. You probably think it's acceptable that be gets death threats against him, his wife and kids every day "it's part of the job"

That's my point Einstein,it's not acceptable for any public figure to be thus treated but unfortunately it does come with the territory.
Sneggyblubird

Postby nubbsy » Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:01 am

That guy wanted trouble and he found it. Well done to Tommy. He's a human being, everyone has limits.
nubbsy

Postby dogfound » Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:11 am

llan bluebird wrote:
rumpo kid wrote:

The difference in this case, and in football parlance, is that this guy wasnt a poor bugger. From the film, he went looking for it, and must have been aware of the possible outcomes. If he was'nt, then he's a bit dim.

I do get it in football parlance. But, we live in a changing world. I started football in the early 80's. Being seen in opposition colours or casual around the street of Cardiff would have resulted in murder. Nowadays we are sharing pints with them. There is a generation who don't quite get it. Tommy Robinson is still old school, yes the lad was daft and probably pissed. But, Tommy Robinson is or wants to be a public figure, not a nobody. He cant have it both ways. If it wasn't him it wouldn't be a story. This happen at least 10 times a city away game. But id he wants to be taken serious he can't do this.

I agree he probably hasn't done his public image much good...... but old school it aint..

humans have not completely changed in a 30 year period ,if you set out to abuse, insult and belittle someone they are likely to snap. that's the case today...yesterday..30 years ago and 200 years ago and will continue to be next year.
to say we live in a changing world regarding this is naïve, much has changed but human emotions and reactions have not..

your out in a bar/club/theatre. just on the street and some dick is constantly abusing , insulting and attempting to be little someone who is minding their own business. the abused guy has enough and flattens the dick , I would be surprised if you or anyone else watching it is thinking the punch is uncalled for as its 2019...as the world has moved on...when it has truly moved on dick is not being a dick in the first place...I wont hold my breath for that..
bloke asked for it. dont want a fight don't use fighting talk..
dogfound

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:34 pm

Shite Politician
Shite Hooligan
1st class Pr*ick. Well done Stephen Yaxley-Lennon :lol:
Bluebird Warrior

Postby ElyBoy1984 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:40 pm

People seem to think Tommy Robinson is some sort of verbal punchbag for lefties to virtue signal on. Wrong.

Good on TR defending himself and long may his good work in highlight "industrial scale" race motivated peadophilia continue.
ElyBoy1984

Postby dogfound » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:00 pm

Bluebird Warrior wrote:Shite Politician
Shite Hooligan
1st class Pr*ick. Well done Stephen Yaxley-Lennon :lol:

i didnt know his name was Stephen Yaxley-Lennon...
dogfound

Postby BluebirdWhitchurch » Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:35 pm

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/t ... iQkyaMlhmE

would add up with the video showing tiny tommy walking up to the guy.
BluebirdWhitchurch

Postby CCFCJosh75 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:18 am

Not the only thing that happened to poor little tommeh.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ssion=true

This time the bastion of free speech started shouting in someone's face because he swore in earshot of him. At a football match.
I know that people will brush this off because he's done much worse that they've defended but at least it shows another image of the 'man'
CCFCJosh75

Postby dogfound » Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:41 am

BluebirdWhitchurch wrote:https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/tommy-robinson-punch-victim-told-16477309.amp?fbclid=IwAR270tyGgSv_qHpqj-KGAvC7MRYYu5Ms_6k37ozJXtutZcT3iQkyaMlhmE

would add up with the video showing tiny tommy walking up to the guy.

come off it, you can see the guy turn around a couple of times mouthing.
dogfound

Postby dogfound » Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:54 am

CCFCJosh75 wrote:Not the only thing that happened to poor little tommeh.

This time the bastion of free speech started shouting in someone's face because he swore in earshot of him. At a football match.
I know that people will brush this off because he's done much worse that they've defended but at least it shows another image of the 'man'

why dont you follow him around with a camera Josh ..loads of images..one of him having breakfast and telling the waitress there is no sauce on the table..or in a shop saying he has had the wrong change..you know stuff that will get the same reaction from most of us...
im sure you would love to go to the CCS minding your own business to enjoy the game and the bloke stood behind you has figured out you are JOSH { real name @@@@ @@@@@ }..the fool writting this garbage on here ,so commences a 90 minute tirad of foul mouthed abuse at you..do you turn around or accept it ?

you haters are so blinded and desperate to push this nonsense that any real point just gets lost in it mate...
bloke turns around at football because someone is giving him a hard time FFS hold the front page..
dogfound

Postby CCFCJosh75 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:22 pm

dogfound wrote:

why dont you follow him around with a camera Josh ..loads of images..one of him having breakfast and telling the waitress there is no sauce on the table..or in a shop saying he has had the wrong change..you know stuff that will get the same reaction from most of us...
im sure you would love to go to the CCS minding your own business to enjoy the game and the bloke stood behind you has figured out you are JOSH { real name @@@@ @@@@@ }..the fool writting this garbage on here ,so commences a 90 minute tirad of foul mouthed abuse at you..do you turn around or accept it ?

you haters are so blinded and desperate to push this nonsense that any real point just gets lost in it mate...
bloke turns around at football because someone is giving him a hard time FFS hold the front page..

It's impressive that within 2 posts you've gone from
'you can see the guy turn around a couple of times mouthing.' To 'bloke turns around at football'
Assuming you've still not read it it actually says that a person was swearing during the match and delicate Steve has such a victim complex he thinks it's about him and gets aggressive.
And to answer your question but changing it to actually be relevant- If I went to the football and someone started swearing i wouldn't get paranoid, climb 2 sets of rows to shout in their face.
CCFCJosh75

Postby rumpo kid » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:54 am

Because he swore in earshot of him!!

Quite right, more supporters should call out the bad language at the games, it’s not right for children to hear it.

Well done TR..
rumpo kid

Postby dogfound » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:11 pm

CCFCJosh75 wrote:
dogfound wrote:

It's impressive that within 2 posts you've gone from
'you can see the guy turn around a couple of times mouthing.' To 'bloke turns around at football'
Assuming you've still not read it it actually says that a person was swearing during the match and delicate Steve has such a victim complex he thinks it's about him and gets aggressive.
And to answer your question but changing it to actually be relevant- If I went to the football and someone started swearing i wouldn't get paranoid, climb 2 sets of rows to shout in their face.

it really is not very impressive at all really...lets try it was 2 separate posts on 2 separate incidents... :roll: :roll:
or was he inside and outside the ground at the same time in the twighlight zone you seem to live in ?

ps..not in the least bit surprised you wouldnt act as he did... or if you were the one in either case shouting abuse. seeing as you have zero issue with this behaviour..
dogfound

Postby Bluebina » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:14 pm

Stupidity, he does get too much stick, but he's in the public eye and knows there are cameras around, that's just stupid!
Bluebina

Postby Bluebina » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:18 pm

dogfound wrote:

Of course, he gets treated badly, but we have seen this before and he can usually just laugh at them, which is the best answer, here he smacks him at a football ground with cameras everywhere and people with phones, that was just stupid, he lost his temper!
Bluebina

Previous

Return to General Chat