Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Anyone been to Dubai since October?

Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:42 pm

Concerned as I’m taking anti inflammatory tablets for arthritis and seem to be reading conflicting reports about what to do re bringing in medication to the USE.
Some websites indicate ALL medication that’s taken needs to be ‘applied for’ online before travelling while others are saying narcotics and controlled drugs only to be done online - all others, just take a doctors prescription.
Travelling there in August and a bit concerned as the www is a minefield of misleading informatio.

Re: Anyone been to Dubai since October?

Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:52 pm

Andrew, I have a couple of former colleagues who work out there and they say not to worry about it :thumbup:

The UAE embassy advice says:

“Individuals may bring medicine into the country for their personal use. Up to three months' supply of a prescription item can be brought into the country by a visitor and 12 months' supply by a resident if they can produce a doctor's letter or a copy of the original prescription.”

Taking a copy of your prescription (as proof) appears to be the thing to do :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:03 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:Concerned as I’m taking anti inflammatory tablets for arthritis and seem to be reading conflicting reports about what to do re bringing in medication to the USE.
Some websites indicate ALL medication that’s taken needs to be ‘applied for’ online before travelling while others are saying narcotics and controlled drugs only to be done online - all others, just take a doctors prescription.
Travelling there in August and a bit concerned as the www is a minefield of misleading informatio.

Cheers Chris.
I actually found an article the says exactly the same.
Unfortunately the article that I looked at which started the panic was from the Sun!!!!
I’ve also looked at the substances that they seem to be concerned about and mines not on there. Panic over.
Cheers mate.

Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:14 am

People in Dubai don’t watch the Flinstones but the people in Abu Dhabi do.

Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:15 am

Just don't go, it's shite.

Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:30 am

nubbsy wrote:Just don't go, it's shite.

Ol I won’t. :thumbup:

Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:47 am

mucker wrote:People in Dubai don’t watch the Flinstones but the people in Abu Dhabi do.

:lol:

Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:35 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
mucker wrote:People in Dubai don’t watch the Flinstones but the people in Abu Dhabi do.

:lol:

Only now got that lol