Sky Sports: ' New Swansea manager '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:58 am

Sky Sports

?

11/06/19

SWANSEA CLOSE ON COOPER

World Cup-winning England U17 coach Steve Cooper is set to be appointed Swansea City manager.

The club are not expecting to make a formal announcement for a few days but have told Sky Sports News everything should move ahead smoothly.

Cooper has agreed to take the job and is just tying up some loose ends with the Football Association. The FA are happy for him to make the move and are not standing in his way.

For Cooper it is an opportunity to manage a senior team for the first time. Swansea see him very much as a coach and hope he can develop their young players.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Sky Sports: ' New Swansea manager '

Postby WelshPatriot » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:27 am

Don't know my thoughts on this one really, on one hand no club experience as manager or even a number 2 but then won under 17 world cup but when you look at that wow he had a talented squad at that time probably one of the best under 17 squads England had for years.

If they are to use their academy more then he could be a great appointment.
WelshPatriot

Postby Sneggyblubird » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:51 am

If he's any good he'll soon be gone like Potter.That club is going nowhere.
Sneggyblubird

Postby Bluebina » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:29 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:If he's any good he'll soon be gone like Potter.That club is going nowhere.

The state of him, he'll fit in fine with the tramps

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48541951
Bluebina

Postby Bluebina » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:36 am

Bluebina wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:If he's any good he'll soon be gone like Potter.That club is going nowhere.

Keith Coopers Son!

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... -24-hours/
Bluebina

Postby Bluebina » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:43 am

Bluebina wrote:

or maybe not, his Dads a Bluebird, so maybe he's there on a mission to take them down and out :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Bluebina

Postby HarriRhys22 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:58 am

WelshPatriot wrote:Don't know my thoughts on this one really, on one hand no club experience as manager or even a number 2 but then won under 17 world cup but when you look at that wow he had a talented squad at that time probably one of the best under 17 squads England had for years.

As a Cardiff City fan he’s the guy we should have in charge of our Academy for the last 5 years, we may have then developed a few 1st Team players.Swansea are obviously continuing down that route to develop their own players rather than signing journeymen, I hope for Wales’s future they are successful!
HarriRhys22

Postby dazza » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:10 am

With knowledge of the premier league and the quality of some of his England players he will bring in some very good loan players. Rumours down Swansea way is if he gets the job his 1st signing could be Joe Allen as player coach.

Swansea have now become my dark horses for promotion.
dazza

Postby Sneggyblubird » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:24 am

dazza wrote:With knowledge of the premier league and the quality of some of his England players he will bring in some very good loan players. Rumours down Swansea way is if he gets the job his 1st signing could be Joe Allen as player coach.

nah,couldn't afford his wages.Maybe 4/5yrs from now when his legs are gone.
Sneggyblubird

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:28 am

He fits in with their philosophy of bringing on youngsters then selling them he fits bill perfectly! Whether hes got what it takes in championship as a coach time will tell.
pembroke allan

Postby Charlie Harper » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:04 am

Its simply a cheap option as the Americans are slowly demolishing the club :ayatollah:
Mad bad and dangerous to know
Charlie Harper

Postby WelshPatriot » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:19 am

dazza wrote:With knowledge of the premier league and the quality of some of his England players he will bring in some very good loan players. Rumours down Swansea way is if he gets the job his 1st signing could be Joe Allen as player coach.

What knowledge of the premier league??

As for bringing in some good loan signings how do you figure that out? He had some good players at under 17 level but he's no actual contacts at management level in the prem.

You sound like a jack trying to see the good in the situation, actually change that your actually more positive than a number of jacks on planet swamp.

Why would he bring in how Allen at number 2? Never worked with him before where's the connection?
WelshPatriot

Postby JimCP91 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:42 am

WelshPatriot wrote:

As for bringing in some good loan signings how do you figure that out? He had some good players at under 17 level but he's no actual contacts at management level in the prem.

You sound like a jack trying to see the good in the situation, actually change that your actually more positive than a number of jacks on planet swamp.

Why would he bring in how Allen at number 2? Never worked with him before where's the connection?

As a manager in the England set up, it is highly likely he will have a very good knowledge of the Premier League and the clubs in England's youth systems.

With regards to loans, if you think the head coach of an international team (at any level) isn't in touch with the clubs he is calling players up from, you'd be very wrong.

He will certainly have good contacts throughout English football at youth level and will have forged good relationships with the players, considering they won the World Cup. But none of this suggests he will be able to cut it at senior level. Time will tell.
JimCP91

Postby 2blue2handle » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:42 am

They won't be paying big bucks for Allen.

My tip for relegation.
2blue2handle

Postby WelshPatriot » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:56 am

JimCP91 wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:

As a manager in the England set up, it is highly likely he will have a very good knowledge of the Premier League and the clubs in England's youth systems.

With regards to loans, if you think the head coach of an international team (at any level) isn't in touch with the clubs he is calling players up from, you'd be very wrong.

He will certainly have good contacts throughout English football at youth level and will have forged good relationships with the players, considering they won the World Cup. But none of this suggests he will be able to cut it at senior level. Time will tell.

The England under 17 coach will have very little to do with senior management at Premier league clubs.

I really believe he's brought in to get the best out of the academy and young players they have at the club now not for loans he can bring in.

Massive risk but as Swansea have shown sometimes a risk works.
WelshPatriot

Postby dogfound » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:02 am

WelshPatriot wrote:

exactly....he is bringing his own number 2 so the Joe Allen thing is just wishful thinking..
he will probably be on the ball regarding good young prospects but not so sure about connections..i doubt Warnock knows who Wales under 17s manager is or that our 17s manager speaks with G iggs
dogfound

Postby llan bluebird » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:17 am

Rumours down Swansea way is if he gets the job his 1st signing could be Joe Allen as player coach :lol: :lol: :lol: Just crazy talk

Joe Allen has just turned 29 !!! He has 3 years on his lucrative contract (£45K per week) and using transfermarkets.com data is worth £15 million. Stoke probably need him off their books but unless its charity week for Joe and Stoke I just don't think this is a starter for anyone except bored 16 year olds who have just completed their GSCE's
llan bluebird

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:30 am

JimCP91 wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:

Yes have good contacts at lots clubs but as he dealt with under 17s chances are he will only have conact with academy staff? But that could lead to contact with 1st team staff maybe! But it does look like they are looking at youngsters for the future which are cheap generally and can be sold on at a profit, can they get promotion doing that maybe? :shock:
pembroke allan

Postby Bluebina » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:06 pm

HarriRhys22 wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:Don't know my thoughts on this one really, on one hand no club experience as manager or even a number 2 but then won under 17 world cup but when you look at that wow he had a talented squad at that time probably one of the best under 17 squads England had for years.

As a Cardiff City fan he’s the guy we should have in charge of our Academy for the last 5 years, we may have then developed a few 1st Team players.Swansea are obviously continuing down that route to develop their own players rather than signing journeymen, I hope for Wales’s future they are successful!

Feck them, I hope he fails and takes them back to the fourth division (second) their level.
Bluebina

Postby Paul Keevil » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:23 pm

Let’s see this for what it is:

Under 17 World Cup manager. Used to working with kids. May or may not have contacts with clubs senior players. No previous championship managerial experience

Or

A manager who knows how to get sides promoted - 8 times (soon to be 9), worked in the game (with adults) for 30-40 years or more, been in the game to develop contacts where necessary, plenty of league experience

If I was looking for a makeshift option to save costs and hopefully keep the club in the championship it makes sense. But if I was looking for a manager who has proven experience to get promotion I’d pick Warnock anytime

Personally I think there will be quite a few Swansea supporters who are not impressed with this appointment
Looking for a Photographer?

Accredited Champions League, Premiership and FL Photographer
Cover RL, RU, Motorsport etc
Accredited - 2012 Olympic Games
Attend "Celebrity Events" - papping
Weddings & Porfolio Work
Paul Keevil

Return to General Chat