If Fairwater FC, were in the Women's Wold Cup

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Bluebina » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:53 pm

Where would they finish?

I don't know anything about them but just googled Cardiff Combination parks football and it looks like they won the League, how do you think they would do in the Women's World cup if they were allowed to enter?

https://www.leaguewebsite.co.uk/cardiff ... 64&age=all
Bluebina

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: If Fairwater FC, were in the Women's Wold Cup

Postby Crayfish » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:38 pm

A few years ago the Australian women's side who were ranked about 5 in the world played an under 15s boys side from a local team Newcastle and lost 7-0. Another highly rated women's international side, I can't remember which one played a boys under 15 side and lost 8-0. Not sure what Fairwaters standard is but I am guessing if they played England they would win by about 10-0 if not more.
Crayfish

Postby Bluebina » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:50 pm

Crayfish wrote:A few years ago the Australian women's side who were ranked about 5 in the world played an under 15s boys side from a local team Newcastle and lost 7-0. Another highly rated women's international side, I can't remember which one played a boys under 15 side and lost 8-0. Not sure what Fairwaters standard is but I am guessing if they played England they would win by about 10-0 if not more.

So if true the professional women pundits commenting on the men's game have actual football experience at a standard well below the Cardiff combination player?
Bluebina

Postby dogfound » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:53 pm

Bluebina wrote:
Crayfish wrote:A few years ago the Australian women's side who were ranked about 5 in the world played an under 15s boys side from a local team Newcastle and lost 7-0. Another highly rated women's international side, I can't remember which one played a boys under 15 side and lost 8-0. Not sure what Fairwaters standard is but I am guessing if they played England they would win by about 10-0 if not more.

So if true the professional women pundits commenting on the men's game have actual football experience at a standard well below the Cardiff combination player?

its a joke mate. commenting on the womens game is fair enough when they have played and excelled at that level , and maybe even being the anchor on a panel bfor mens games but being one of the experts is ridiculous. PC equality gone mad..
dogfound

Postby Fairblue27 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:01 pm

USA women's team are widely regarded as one of the best teams got beaten 5-2 by Dallas boys under 15s in 2017 in a game that ended up in controversy.
Apparently Dallas were 5 nil up after 15 minutes. But then the left back for USA asked the boys to form a queue if they wanted to see her Jack n' Danny. And while they were queuing the USA broke away and scored twice. That's what caused the brawl and match abandoned.
Fairblue27

Postby dogfound » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:06 pm

Bluebina wrote:Where would they finish?

I don't know anything about them but just googled Cardiff Combination parks football and it looks like they won the League, how do you think they would do in the Women's World cup if they were allowed to enter?

https://www.leaguewebsite.co.uk/cardiff ... 64&age=all

having read these posts I think its fair to say Fairwater reserves would win it..
dogfound

Postby Charlie Harper » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:57 pm

I played a good standard of football and I have no doubt that the best womans team would get hammered by a sunday league side

I cant watch it when they ask the women onto programmes such as MOTD, Football Focus and the reporters at grounds.

Stick to ironing ladies
Mad bad and dangerous to know
Charlie Harper

Postby dogfound » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:19 pm

Charlie Harper wrote:I played a good standard of football and I have no doubt that the best womans team would get hammered by a sunday league side

I cant watch it when they ask the women onto programmes such as MOTD, Football Focus and the reporters at grounds.

Stick to ironing ladies

the problem is not that they play football .
dogfound

Postby adamt958 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:32 am

my (ex) sunday league side beat Cardiff City Ladies twice out of 3 games a few years ago in a couple of friendlies. we were in the bottom division of the lazarou league at the time. obviously not the same level as the womens super league or world cup but still.

on the other foot though, all of this increased popularity and spotlight on the women's game will only be a good thing and they will continue to improve.
"It's Andy Campbell, it's in!" "Up,up and away to division one!"
adamt958

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:18 am

The bbc have invested most of their increased sports budget trying to promote women's football. It's a social engineering project , not anything to do with women liking football ,( which they generally don't ), or anyone who does like football being interested in the ladies version.
I expect they'll be featuring transvestite cricket in a few years.
SirJimmySchoular

Postby Steve Zodiak » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:51 am

SirJimmySchoular wrote:The bbc have invested most of their increased sports budget trying to promote women's football. It's a social engineering project , not anything to do with women liking football ,( which they generally don't ), or anyone who does like football being interested in the ladies version.

When it comes to political correctness gone mad, there cannot be many establishments who go more over the top than the BBC. They are rarely impartial about any topic, and have a talent in wasting the licence payers money.
Steve Zodiak

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:08 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:The bbc have invested most of their increased sports budget trying to promote women's football. It's a social engineering project , not anything to do with women liking football ,( which they generally don't ), or anyone who does like football being interested in the ladies version.

When it comes to political correctness gone mad, there cannot be many establishments who go more over the top than the BBC. They are rarely impartial about any topic, and have a talent in wasting the licence payers money.

Quite right.
Last week they were trying to imply some false empathy / association with the poor buggers who stormed the beaches at Normandy ,and who'd on the whole have nothing but contempt for present day BBC values. This week they're making sure that any survivors of that aren't getting a free licence fee any more because they need to screw every penny out of poor people to pay Lineker nearly £2 million a year and promote bloody nonsense like women's football.
SirJimmySchoular

Postby dogfound » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:18 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:

the viewing figures showed a peak of over 6 million for the England v Scotland game..
and although i agree with much whats been said on this thread its difficult to agree with it being a waste of money by the BBC..
dogfound

Postby Steve Zodiak » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:07 pm

dogfound wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

the viewing figures showed a peak of over 6 million for the England v Scotland game..
and although i agree with much whats been said on this thread its difficult to agree with it being a waste of money by the BBC..

My gripe with the BBC are the salaries they pay. Even the 10th highest paid radio personality is paid a quarter of a million pounds per year, funded by us. Seems the priorities are all wrong when you consider this one person's salary would pay for around ten nurses. This is just the tip of the iceberg. The salaries of people like Chris Evans when he was a BBC employee, Gary Lineker, and numerous others are well documented.
Steve Zodiak

Postby dogfound » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:43 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

My gripe with the BBC are the salaries they pay. Even the 10th highest paid radio personality is paid a quarter of a million pounds per year, funded by us. Seems the priorities are all wrong when you consider this one person's salary would pay for around ten nurses. This is just the tip of the iceberg. The salaries of people like Chris Evans when he was a BBC employee, Gary Lineker, and numerous others are well documented.

there is lots wrong with the BBC but i dont care much for this could pay for 10 nurses instead Corbynism ...MOTD is a good product as most of the BBC radio output is , and if you want decent product you have to pay .

my issues with the BBC are more deep rooted in what their news airs..and agendas the BBC clearly has .
dogfound

Postby Steve Zodiak » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:52 pm

dogfound wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

there is lots wrong with the BBC but i dont care much for this could pay for 10 nurses instead Corbynism ...MOTD is a good product as most of the BBC radio output is , and if you want decent product you have to pay .

my issues with the BBC are more deep rooted in what their news airs..and agendas the BBC clearly has .

Just read on another site that Lineker's salary is equivalent to over 11,000 TV licences. As far as I am concerned there is nobody at the BBC who is worth anywhere near that sort of money, particularly in view of what has just happened with the over 75's free licence.
Steve Zodiak

Postby dogfound » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:01 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

Just read on another site that Lineker's salary is equivalent to over 11,000 TV licences. As far as I am concerned there is nobody at the BBC who is worth anywhere near that sort of money, particularly in view of what has just happened with the over 75's free licence.

12 quid a month is good value..
dogfound

Postby Isawgarystevensscoreagoal » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:22 pm

Isawgarystevensscoreagoal

Postby ffs » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:01 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:
Quite right.
Last week they were trying to imply some false empathy / association with the poor buggers who stormed the beaches at Normandy ,and who'd on the whole have nothing but contempt for present day BBC values. This week they're making sure that any survivors of that aren't getting a free licence fee any more because they need to screw every penny out of poor people to pay Lineker nearly £2 million a year and promote bloody nonsense like women's football.

It's the Tories who are withdrawing funding for TV licenses for the elderly. Nothing to do with BBC
ffs

Postby Bluebina » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:37 pm

ffs wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:
Quite right.

It's the Tories who are withdrawing funding for TV licenses for the elderly. Nothing to do with BBC

No its the BBC they agreed to a budget a few years ago and are spending too much on shit like the EastEnders new set £86.7Million, £27Million over budget so far!
Bluebina

Return to General Chat