Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff City again said to be an option for South American,

Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:58 pm

Cardiff City again said to be an option for South American, after earlier reaching agreement

By Lucas Sposito -

Monday 10th June 2019

Colombian outlet Antena 2 today does a good job reminding us of a transfer rumour which has been forgotten in the past couple of months.

Back in March, several reports said Cardiff City were close to finding an agreement to sign the Junior Barranquilla winger Luís Diaz.

At that time, even the player confirmed there was an agreement between the clubs for the move, although he didn’t have a deal with the Premier League side yet.

Now Antena 2 lists a few players who should be leaving Junior Barranquilla this summer, and Luis Diaz is one of them. It’s said he has the opportunity of playing in Argentina or for Cardiff City, since these were the first offers he got.

Since Diaz has already left his club to play the Copa America for Colombia, it’s likely that he won’t even return to Junior Barranquilla.

Now we wonder about the reason the story has disappeared lately. Perhaps Cardiff City’s relegation to the Championship had a lot to do with it.

Journalist graduated from the Universidade Metodista de São Paulo. Forever missing the 2014 World Cup. Not sure if I want to be John Frusciante or Andrea Pirlo when I grow up.

Re: Cardiff City again said to be an option for South Americ

Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:24 pm

Another winger !
Mind you, it's probably another load of nonsense .

I was encouraged about what Sir Neil said about getting replacements early because we need to be maintaining continuity, but I'm disappointed about the absence of progress and the poor standard of players we're being associated with. I'm not thrilled with the idea of selling players either.
I'm starting to wonder whether there's really an ambition to go straight back up or hang on and get 3 years parachute payments.

Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:43 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:Another winger !

I was encouraged about what Sir Neil said about getting replacements early because we need to be maintaining continuity, but I'm disappointed about the absence of progress and the poor standard of players we're being associated with. I'm not thrilled with the idea of selling players either.
I'm starting to wonder whether there's really an ambition to go straight back up or hang on and get 3 years parachute payments.

we had 4 wingers, Warnock likes playing 2 and freshening up late in the game .
we got rid of the weakest so will replace...
oh and we are not selling Kadeem he is out of contract.

Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:44 pm

Only 2 years parachute payments

Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:46 pm

SIR JIMMY SCHOULAR

Totally agree, why let our best 2 from last season go only to find more players to replace and better than what we let go, i said a few days ago about possible signings that where being banded about where bargain basement
we will have to spend some of the money to get quality in not just loans,
unless we are going to copy wolves with loans, high wages, with a right to buy i think we really need to show our intentions of going for it otherwise we will not attract any players.

Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:48 pm

Same for most or all championship clubs at moment hardly a transfer mentioned! Part reason is contracts run until 1st July so why buy before then and pay for someone may get on a free? We've been linked to every messi Ronaldo and bale but that doesnt mean we were going to buy them, so passing judgement when season starts is a far better idea than doing it now..... :thumbup:

Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:49 pm

NIBLUEBIRD

We also had 114 million from tv along with parachute payments

Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:00 pm

montyblue wrote:SIR JIMMY SCHOULAR

Totally agree, why let our best 2 from last season go only to find more players to replace and better than what we let go, i said a few days ago about possible signings that where being banded about where bargain basement
we will have to spend some of the money to get quality in not just loans,
unless we are going to copy wolves with loans, high wages, with a right to buy i think we really need to show our intentions of going for it otherwise we will not attract any players.

why let them go ….erm they were on loan.

Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:15 pm

DOGFOUND

We could still make a bit more of a fist of trying to keep them, if they are adament they want to leave then try and get the best price, all i see at the moment is a big rebuild not a push back to the prem
Arter,camarassa, gunners,niasse,gone possible ethridge, manga and harris, madine and tomlin still with us

Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:22 pm

montyblue wrote:DOGFOUND

We could still make a bit more of a fist of trying to keep them, if they are adament they want to leave then try and get the best price, all i see at the moment is a big rebuild not a push back to the prem
Arter,camarassa, gunners,niasse,gone possible ethridge, manga and harris, madine and tomlin still with us

you can not sell loan players..
or force players to sign contracts
Niasse was pants. Harris failed to convince 6 managers he is good enough and should we sell Etheridge or Manga it will be for decent fees on our terms..

Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:41 pm

DOGFOUND

The 2 players who i am referring as our best 2 are ethridge and manga as our best 2 players, ethridge was player of the season and manga best outfield player ?

Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:48 pm

The 2 players who i am referring as our best 2 are ethridge and manga as our best 2 players, ethridge was player of the season and manga best outfield player ?

ah right but we haven't sold them they are under contract and neither has stated they wish to leave..

Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:19 pm

DOGFOUND

i bloody hope they don' t go. i want to go straight back up to the prem
but if we loose these 2 finding 6 players just to replace what we lost is quite a rebuild plus they where from our starting 11 not just squad players.

Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:28 pm

With Harris going I have no doubt we will sign a winger. Most of our game is based on wide play and NW generally signs a new Wingers to freshen it up, along with Harris going. It's obvious a wide player will be signed.

Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:40 pm

dogfound wrote:

we had 4 wingers, Warnock likes playing 2 and freshening up late in the game .
we got rid of the weakest so will replace...
oh and we are not selling Kadeem he is out of contract.

No, I know. I was talking about Etheridge specifically but I keep seeing press reports about who we might sell on - Manga for example.
I'm all for wingers, but not when we've got - or had- at least 4 who could play but no credible midfielders and some very dubious strikers.

Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:32 pm

i bloody hope they don' t go. i want to go straight back up to the prem
but if we loose these 2 finding 6 players just to replace what we lost is quite a rebuild plus they where from our starting 11 not just squad players.

ive never believed in selling first team players, its false economy as less than 50% of transfers actually work out ..
but if a big enough offer comes in ..well it happens..
but anyway...it does seem like we have lost loads ..but think youll be quite surprised by this
the 12 players who played the most in our promotion season were,,,etheridge, peltier, manga, bamba, morrison, damour, ralls, NML, Hoilett, Ken, Bennet and Ptterson...all still here......have added murphy ,Bobby DR ,cunningham and smithies who are all good champioinship players..neil will unearth a few diamonds not even Wez has predicted let alone the comic strips that keep getting stickied.. and hey presto we are ok...

Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:28 pm

DOGFOUND

Yes did' nt miss a game this season, arter camarassa gunners played most games and niasse since january, damour did' nt play much patters and bamba missed the few but the midfield is weak now
rauls and bacuna are not going to set the the championship on fire but steady only.
I think if we brought in some quality players it would keep the attendances up but i suppose we will have to wait and see.

Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:51 pm

Yes did' nt miss a game this season, arter camarassa gunners played most games and niasse since january, damour did' nt play much patters and bamba missed the few but the midfield is weak now
rauls and bacuna are not going to set the the championship on fire but steady only.
I think if we brought in some quality players it would keep the attendances up but i suppose we will have to wait and see.

I think we are stronger than some are giving credit for.

Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:33 pm

dogfound wrote:

I think we are stronger than some are giving credit for.

We're very strong as long as we don't sell what we've got and we replace the midfield with two or three quality players - we'd be better off with oldies than hopefuls because we know the rest of the team works together and the one thing we cannot afford is a f**k up where Arter, Camarassa and Gunnarsson used to be - we need competence there quickly.
Since our last game was a two nil away win against Manchester Utd , and with that midfield proviso, we needn't fear anyone in the Championship with our current players . We can win it as long as we treat championship opponents with respect and don't start off complacent in the way that relegated teams often do.

In the interests of continuity, I'd like to be hearing more from the club, who's PR and press departments are very poor. Keeping the enthusiasm and sense of mission going from the last season would be a huge asset.