' MEHMET DALMAN OFF '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' MEHMET DALMAN OFF '

Postby wez1927 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:29 pm

Cardiff City chairman Mehmet Dalman may leave Bluebirds amid advanced takeover talks with Championship rivals

Talks have been going on for months.

By Paul Abbadanto

Wednesday 12th June 2019

Cardiff City chairman Mehmet Dalman is involved in talks to take over Championship rivals Charlton, we can reveal.

If Dalman were to go, it would come as a hammer blow to the Bluebirds and Neil Warnock.

Cardiff's hugely popular manager has developed a close working rapport with Dalman and describes him as 'the best chairman I have worked with.'

We understand behind the scenes negotiations have been ongoing for some time between Dalman and Charlton's Belgian owner Roland Duchatelet, who is looking to sell the south London club.

An offer is on the table and talks are said to be at an advanced stage, although the move could yet fall through at the 11th hour. Many Cardiff fans, alarmed upon learning the news, will be privately hoping that proves to be the case.

Charlton won promotion to the Championship this season, beating Sunderland in the play-offs.

We are told Dalman's possible move of clubs centres around the prospect of him breaking out on his own as a chairman-owner. It has nothing to do with any fallout from the Emiliano Sala tragedy.

Cardiff are in dispute with Sala's former club Nantes and withholding the £15m transfer fee.

Dalman has an impressive background as an investment banker, has worked closely with Cardiff owner Vincent Tan for a number of years and was made Bluebirds chairman in 2013.

Mehmet Dalman and Neil Warnock have an extremely close bond at Cardiff
He has been at the helm for two Premier League campaigns, helped persuade Tan to revert Cardiff's colours back to blue and is generally viewed as a calming influence behind the scenes and a key figure in the Bluebirds reconnecting with their fan base.

It was Dalman who went after Warnock as manager following the Russell Slade and Paul Trollope era, and he also persuaded the popular boss to carry on at the helm for the looming Championship campaign.

Dalman's influence is so great his departure would hit the Bluebirds hard, particularly given his close working rapport with Warnock.

Even though he is involved in the Charlton talks, Dalman continues to head up Cardiff's work in the summer transfer market and is trying to do deals for a number of Warnock's planned targets.

Warnock has identified up to six signings he wishes to bring in to make the Bluebirds genuine promotion contenders in the 2019-20 campaign.

It is understood that while Dalman is eyeing up Charlton, he would find it hard to leave Cardiff.

The club is said to have grown on him in the last few years, with Board, manager, players and fans back together as one. That was demonstrated during Cardiff's relegation from the Premier League, when supporters still rallied around despite the disappointment of a dip into the Championship.

Charlton have been up for sale for two years, with Duchatelet even urging the Football League to acquire the club.

There was previous speculation Duchatelet would sell for a nominal fee of £1, but wanted to retain ownership of The Valley and the club's training ground.

Roland Duchatelet is looking to sell Charlton
Those terms, one presumes, would not be acceptable to Dalman who would look for a buyout in his own right.

Duchatelet confirmed on Charlton's official website: “I have been trying to sell the club for nearly two years. Many English football clubs are for sale and many of those have been for a long time. The main reason is that nearly all Championship club owners face huge yearly losses.

"It is unclear how long this can continue, with clubs losing tens of millions of pounds each year. It has become unaffordable for nearly anyone to own a football club in the Championship meaning it is not easy to find a suitable buyer.

“Following the play-off final win, I was filled with hope as one of the parties interested in buying the club wanted to move forward quickly to complete the purchase of the club.

"The fact Charlton are now back in the Championship should increase our chances of being sold and now, with the summer transfer window opening, is the right time to acquire a club."
Attachments
1_JS112865108-1.jpg
1_JS112865108-1.jpg (48.02 KiB) Viewed 13416 times
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

' MEHMET DALMAN OFF '

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: dalman off ?

Postby WelshPatriot » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:54 pm

Hope not.
WelshPatriot

Postby Tomshort1927 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:54 pm

Will be a disaster if this happens at a time where our club looks to be on the up. We wouldn’t be where we are now if it wasn’t for Dalman and we won’t find anyone better than him :|
Tomshort1927

Postby NIBluebird » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:01 pm

Yes

I've just heard this is true

Near take over of Charlton
NIBluebird

Re: ' MEHMET DALMAN OFF '

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:20 pm

To be fair Dalman has wanted to move for a long time.

Dalman has done a fairly good good for City and has been Vincent Tan's Saviour, But I still have my reservations., plus I believe by now we should be totally debt free and Dalman should achieved that by now.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:28 pm

All very worrying.
The obvious thing would be to take Sir Neil with him if he can, and that'd be the disaster .
SirJimmySchoular

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:30 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:All very worrying.
The obvious thing would be to take Sir Neil with him if he can, and that'd be the disaster .

Why would Neil Warnock go to Charlton? They'll more than likely be fighting a relegation battle.
Bluebird Warrior

Postby trotskie » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:35 pm

How wealthy is he?
trotskie

Postby fred keenor » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:35 pm

If he goes which would be a crying shame, who would replace him, one way or another i see us with a new chairman before the start of the season as im sure VT will already be looking for a replacement.
Cant help feeling theres more to this story than meets the eye.
fred keenor

Postby DEANO » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:39 pm

Boy he will be really missed that's for sure
DEANO

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:45 pm

trotskie wrote:How wealthy is he?

I know he lent Cardiff City a few million, but I believe he has had it back with interest.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Bonner » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:55 pm

Hope not , he has done so much to hold this club together .
Would be a great loss and hard to replace.
Bonner

Postby snoopystorm » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:06 pm

I think this could quite possibly be the beginning of the end of Tan’s reign ‘IF’ MD does go to Charlton, KC won’t be far behind him and NW this time next year.

Really hope I’m wrong though as the 4 of them are good for the club
Once a Bluebird, Always a bluebird
snoopystorm

Postby worcester_ccfc » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:09 pm

I have plenty of reservations about him.

But he will be a big miss, done a good job under very difficult circumstances.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby wez1927 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:12 pm

was told this in January that he would be leaving at the end of the season but i was told it was coz of the insurance issue with the sala transfer also was told tan was fumming with choo too ,hope its all sorted now
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:22 pm

wez1927 wrote:was told this in January that he would be leaving at the end of the season but i was told it was coz of the insurance issue with the sala transfer also was told tan was fumming with choo too ,hope its all sorted now

I heard exactly the same Wez.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby fred keenor » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:38 pm

I can imagine NW will be thinking long and hard about his position if MD leaves, especially if this move is due to the Sala issue.
Choppy waters ahead, only at Cardiff City
fred keenor

Postby eddiep » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:26 pm

A red team based in London
Uummmmmmmmnm....
you reap what you sow
eddiep

Postby Crayfish » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:32 pm

Was he also chairman when it was decided that Russell Slade and Paul Trollope would be good managers for us? Can"t see Warnock going to Charlton we are a bigger club than Charlton these day and Charlton are likely to be fighting relegation next season. Pity to lose a good chairman but they are replaceable.
Crayfish

Postby Tomshort1927 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:40 pm

Crayfish wrote:Was he also chairman when it was decided that Russell Slade and Paul Trollope would be good managers for us? Can"t see Warnock going to Charlton we are a bigger club than Charlton these day and Charlton are likely to be fighting relegation next season. Pity to lose a good chairman but they are replaceable.

Warnock will definitely be here for next season as that’s what’s been put out to us fans, my guess is that Dalman going to charlton would’ve been the situation which made warnocks future here uncertain a few weeks ago
Tomshort1927

Postby Sneggyblubird » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:50 pm

Wasn't so long ago he couldn't buy a compliment on here,part of the transfer committee and all that. :lol:
Sneggyblubird

Postby Bluebina » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:58 pm

It's a shame, to be honest, but life goes on I would have been worried if it was Warnock was going as he's more important, I'm sure we'll get another equally as good or better :thumbup: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Bluebina

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:07 pm

fred keenor wrote:I can imagine NW will be thinking long and hard about his position if MD leaves, especially if this move is due to the Sala issue.
Choppy waters ahead, only at Cardiff City

Nw would have been aware of the situation before he agreed to stay so cannot see him going this season...
pembroke allan

Postby Bluebina » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:21 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:All very worrying.

Of course he wouldn't :laughing6: :laughing6:

Warnock is here for the Fans, the Players the challenge and the pay, he wouldn't go to Charlton because his line Manager has moved :laughing6:
Bluebina

Postby Bluebina » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:22 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:Wasn't so long ago he couldn't buy a compliment on here,part of the transfer committee and all that. :lol:

Exactly a wanker when he's here, God when he might be going!!!
Bluebina

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:59 pm

Nearly £8mill Dalman lent City at 7% interest

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:01 pm

Hmmm Dalman/ Charlton/ Red Club / Dalman frontman for Tan? ?

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby ThomasC » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:42 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
trotskie wrote:How wealthy is he?

I know he lent Cardiff City a few million, but I believe he has had it back with interest.[/ :thumbright: :thumbright: Saint Dalman
ThomasC

Postby TopCat CCFC » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:30 pm

Get TG - Back ;)
TopCat CCFC

Postby Isawgarystevensscoreagoal » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:02 pm

The press conference when OGS was unveiled as our new manager and Dalman bigged himself up by saying how OGS was his man and how he had got his man is sufficient enough reason for me to say we will be fine when he goes.

We can then add his role in turning us red, role on transfer committee and lending us money to receive an extremely generous rate of interest whilst at the same time on our payroll. And appointments of Slade and Trollope. And still not seeking VT seeing through on his various pledges to make us debt free.

I'm sure he's learnt a lot from his time here which will stand him in good stead when he moves on.

He's made lots of serious errors and I'm sure has done very well financially. Club will be fine.
Isawgarystevensscoreagoal

Next

Return to General Chat