" Daniel James completes transfer "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby worcester_ccfc » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:29 pm

BBC

Manchester United have completed the signing of Wales winger Daniel James from Swansea City for an initial fee of about £15m.

The 21-year-old, who has signed a five-year contract, is Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's first signing since he succeeded Jose Mourinho as manager.

Swansea academy graduate James scored five goals in 38 appearances during a breakthrough 2018-19 season.

"This is one of the best days of my life," he said.

James, whose father Kevan died suddenly last month, started both of Wales' recent Euro 2020 qualifying defeats by Croatia and Hungary.

He scored his first Wales goal on his competitive debut in a 1-0 win against Group E rivals Slovakia in March.

"This is an incredibly proud moment for me and my family. However, it is tinged with sadness that my father isn't able to share this experience with us," said James, who almost joined Leeds United in January

Manchester United finished sixth in the Premier League last season, five points adrift of the top four, and will play in next season's Europa League.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: " Daniel James completes transfer "

Postby JJ1927 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:18 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:BBC

Manchester United have completed the signing of Wales winger Daniel James from Swansea City for an initial fee of about £15m.

The 21-year-old, who has signed a five-year contract, is Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's first signing since he succeeded Jose Mourinho as manager.

Swansea academy graduate James scored five goals in 38 appearances during a breakthrough 2018-19 season.

"This is one of the best days of my life," he said.

James, whose father Kevan died suddenly last month, started both of Wales' recent Euro 2020 qualifying defeats by Croatia and Hungary.

He scored his first Wales goal on his competitive debut in a 1-0 win against Group E rivals Slovakia in March.

"This is an incredibly proud moment for me and my family. However, it is tinged with sadness that my father isn't able to share this experience with us," said James, who almost joined Leeds United in January

Manchester United finished sixth in the Premier League last season, five points adrift of the top four, and will play in next season's Europa League.

I have been very impressed with him and hope he keeps it up. Yesterday he was given no protection by the referee but still caused problems.
JJ1927

Re: " Daniel James completes transfer "

Postby TopCat CCFC » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:27 pm

Good Luck to the lad - Looking more forward to what he does for Wales ;)
TopCat CCFC

Return to General Chat