CCFC “ SEASON TICKET SALES / UPPER STAND CLOSED “

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:10 pm

Sad to see that once again so called fans do not renew

Ninian Upper closed at least to start next season.

Anyone who bought will have to move to another part of the ground due to not enough season tickets sold for next season.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: CCFC “ SEASON TICKET SALES / UPPER STAND CLOSED “

Postby wez1927 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:13 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Sad to see that once again so called fans do not renew

Anyone who bought will have to move to another part of the ground due to not enough season tickets sold for next season.

how many sold 15k?
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:19 pm

wez1927 wrote:

how many sold 15k?

Wez,
I know Corky put that out, but I was told it was a bit less and includes all corporate etc in Grandstand.

I hope by August at least 18,000 , was hoping for 20,000.

Last season 25,500 in total :bluebird:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby davids » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:59 pm

i doubt it will ever change to be honest.

It doesn't matter what the club tries to do.

Cheaper season tickets than last season.
Season ticket holders being able to buy cheap tickets two or three times a season.

Remember that game a few seasons ago when the stadium was full because season ticket holders could claim free tickets which were obviously just used by people who had no intention of ever going again?

Our club has about 10-15,000 genuine fans with the other 15,000 glory hunters only turning up when promotion is imminent or we are in the Premier League.

It's been like that for years now and I can't see it changing any time soon unless we spend a sustained period in the Premier League.
davids

Postby bluebird58 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:05 pm

Suits me fine. Easier to park. Shorter queues to get my hot chocolate. Less people in the gents.

And a crowd made up of people who really SUPPORT the team and WANT to be there! :bluescarf:
First game Cardiff v Coventry City 1967
bluebird58

Postby montyblue » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:10 pm

It might help if we showed our intensions early and signed some top quality players, this could give some fans a jolt, and it may look like we "do" want to return to the prem, but i fear if we drift waiting for bargains and scrat around for some loans and dip into the lower divisions, we will not keep the new fans we found and this will be reflected at the turnstiles .
The writing is on the wall already with the closure of the top tier.
montyblue

Postby snoopystorm » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:20 pm

I still haven’t ventured into the season ticket realm yet but in fairness I work Saturdays around West Wales (between Pendine and Aberaeron) and not guaranteed to be finished and home in time to get to Cardiff for a 3pm kick off. Also November, December and January are our busiest months as people want their parcels and are surprised to see us out on Christmas Eve delivering when other companies close their doors.

Unless this changes it will be a while until I get a season ticket, looks like another season as a Member to get the discounts on match tickets, might even look at a flex ticket if they’re doing them again this season
Once a Bluebird, Always a bluebird
snoopystorm

Postby Bluebina » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:49 pm

That's a bit naughty they have made a mistake they should give upgraded seats to the people affected, if I was over there I would certainly expect a better seat at the very least.
Bluebina

Postby Ninianman » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:52 pm

But on a brighter note,Salford City’s ST sales have increased
Ninianman

Postby danielrees17 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:20 pm

Not surprising at all, happens everytime is relegated the fair weather fans f**k off back to watching United, liverpool etc on sky
danielrees17

Postby wez1927 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:31 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

how many sold 15k?

Wez,
I know Corky put that out, but I was told it was a bit less and includes all corporate etc in Grandstand.

I hope by August at least 18,000 , was hoping for 20,000.

Last season 25,500 in total :bluebird:
hopefully get over 20k each game ,if up near the top 26k
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby salopiancity » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:46 pm

bluebird58 wrote:Suits me fine. Easier to park. Shorter queues to get my hot chocolate. Less people in the gents.

And a crowd made up of people who really SUPPORT the team and WANT to be there! :bluescarf:

Totally agree. :ayatollah:
salopiancity

Postby Bluebina » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:50 pm

salopiancity wrote:
bluebird58 wrote:Suits me fine. Easier to park. Shorter queues to get my hot chocolate. Less people in the gents.

Totally agree. :ayatollah:

They'll drift back if we are doing well!
Bluebina

Postby Lawnmower » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:52 pm

I’ve been told there are 18k sold for next season (and this was around the end of the season) and that it was more than were sold by the same time last season ( obviously before people knew we were going up)

The info had passed a few hands mind and I don’t know if this included corporate or not.
Lawnmower

Postby Llantwit Blue » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:06 pm

16.5K sold so not bad lots of time couple of top signings walk up away crowd be well over 20K each game.
Llantwit Blue

Postby alexccfc » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:38 pm

Where did you find it was closed Annis only a few weeks ago mate of mine got one for upper ninian?
alexccfc

Postby rumpo kid » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:52 pm

Crowds not too different to our previous Championship or Div 2 crowds.

Season 70/71, we played in front of 11K at Sunderland, and 42K at Sheff U..all clubs have a fluctuating fan base.
rumpo kid

Postby Isawgarystevensscoreagoal » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:10 pm

Its a shame but really should come as no surprise.
Isawgarystevensscoreagoal

Postby Gaynor Straight » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:35 pm

alexccfc wrote:Where did you find it was closed Annis only a few weeks ago mate of mine got one for upper ninian?

Letters sent out to those whove bought tickets and blocked out on eticketing
Gaynor Straight

Postby HARRYccfc1927 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:37 pm

Who really cares how much we sold i rather see the 12-15000 proper fans each week on tuesday nights than 30000 fans coming to watch cardiff vs man city
CCFC OK
HARRYccfc1927

Postby Ketteringblues » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:07 pm

I have not renewed this season.
Am going to travel when I can and go to a few more aways (that are local to me).
What was annoying last season was travelling to every home game costing me a fortune, yet the Club rewarded others with multi game package deals, giving those who haven't stumped up the cash in advance, the freedom to pick and choose when they want to go.
I shall take advantage of that next season.
Ketteringblues

Postby skiprat » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:21 pm

Cardiffs a major city now the markets a football team permanently ensconced in the premier league .the draw of second division football. Is limited in this area. Seen years of it.
skiprat

Postby corky » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:39 pm

Yes definitely over 16500 sold and that shoukd rise with a few signings, then we will get a bigger walk up crowd due to less season tickets being sold.. The upper stand was never going to be open until we reached 20000 St sales... If we start well or do we'll in the season I can see it being open for the big games... Come on lads let's not worry about who is not going let's concentrate on the ones that do and get behind the club like we always do.. The championship is my favourite league so I am looking forward to the season but also hoping we can get back in order for the club to grow and to be fair the last 20 years have way exceeded all my expectations after the terrible times we went through on the field the 30 years I followed them before 2000 but even then we had some great memories and some good years but nothing compared to the last 12 years for sure.
Keep the faith I always say but whatever league we are in try to enjoy it and don't worry to much about the negatives
new season,new start
corky

Postby Sven » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:47 pm

corky wrote:Yes definitely over 16500 sold and that shoukd rise with a few signings, then we will get a bigger walk up crowd due to less season tickets being sold.. The upper stand was never going to be open until we reached 20000 St sales... If we start well or do we'll in the season I can see it being open for the big games... Come on lads let's not worry about who is not going let's concentrate on the ones that do and get behind the club like we always do.. The championship is my favourite league so I am looking forward to the season but also hoping we can get back in order for the club to grow and to be fair the last 20 years have way exceeded all my expectations after the terrible times we went through on the field the 30 years I followed them before 2000 but even then we had some great memories and some good years but nothing compared to the last 12 years for sure.
Keep the faith I always say but whatever league we are in try to enjoy it and don't worry to much about the negatives

Thanks, Corky...and very well said! :thumbup: :ayatollah: :clap:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Mulberry » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:19 pm

Me and the lad were up in the 511 and got the letters today.

The first offer was a move several rows forward into the 411.

The steps absolutely fucked my knees last season so I enquired about other areas - obvs because the lad is 8 - family stand was offered straight away.

We'd tried it a few times last time in the Championship but he wasn't keen on the lack of game atmosphere - he loved all the razzmatazz under the stands.

We chatted about it a few weeks back and he said he loved the Canton with the singing and everything so despite the fact we'll be like drowned rats I opted for Row C of the 106/107 as there was a pair open.

Time will tell if I've buggered up on that choice but he's excited enough to be in 'the bit with the real Cardiff fans Dad!!'
Mulberry

Postby dogfound » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:26 pm

Mulberry wrote:Me and the lad were up in the 511 and got the letters today.

The first offer was a move several rows forward into the 411.

The steps absolutely fucked my knees last season so I enquired about other areas - obvs because the lad is 8 - family stand was offered straight away.

We'd tried it a few times last time in the Championship but he wasn't keen on the lack of game atmosphere - he loved all the razzmatazz under the stands.

We chatted about it a few weeks back and he said he loved the Canton with the singing and everything so despite the fact we'll be like drowned rats I opted for Row C of the 106/107 as there was a pair open.

Time will tell if I've buggered up on that choice but he's excited enough to be in 'the bit with the real Cardiff fans Dad!!'

hope he enjoys in there..
don't get the stairs bit though ..the middle tier has a better view quieter concourse {less queues } and a heck of a lot less steps..
dogfound

Postby Mulberry » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:41 pm

It was the stairs from the ground floor upto the red seats - used to make my knees go well weird.

He also missed seeing Bartley up close in the 511. That was about the only thing that really bothered him.

I'm sure he'll have a whale of a time learning the songs and chants - and of course taking part.
Mulberry

Postby Mulberry » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:51 pm

I know the 411 are top class seats but I also have to forward think budget wise - I can't get lumbered with seats as expensive as the 411 going forward as SWMBO would kybosh the whole thing, so I had to keep future costs to the same kind of level as now.
Mulberry

Postby RV Casual » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:41 am

Everyone will have their reasons why they have renewed or not, some will be genuine and some won't. C'est La Vie.

What I don't get is some of the comments, how can anyone be glad. Playing in that Stadium full last season was immense. I am pretty gutted we never stayed up and kept those fans who would hopefully have stuck around with the Clubs growth just like all those that did after Sam took over when we had a period of success and promotions.

I'll be there next season of course but playing in a Stadium just over half full saddens me.
RV Casual

Postby rumpo kid » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:02 am

What it is..20k, 2/3 full..at Ninian, there could be 10k when it held 46,000.

No one minded..
rumpo kid

Next

Return to General Chat