Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

‘ EMILIANO SALA COURT CASE LATEST ‘

Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:26 am

Emiliano Sala court case latest

Thursday 11th July 2019

A man and woman have appeared in court charged with accessing CCTV footage of the post-mortem examination of footballer Emiliano Sala.

Sala, 28, had just signed for Cardiff City when the plane he was travelling in crashed into the English Channel, north of Guernsey, on January 21.

His body was recovered on February 6 and a post-mortem examination took place at Bournemouth Mortuary the following day.

Wiltshire Police later confirmed they were investigating an image on social media that purported to show Sala’s remains during that examination.

On Wednesday Sherry Bray, 48, and Christopher Ashford, 62, appeared before Swindon Magistrates’ Court charged in connection with the force’s investigation.

Ashford, of Calne, faces six charges of causing a computer to perform a function to secure “unauthorised access” to a program or data contrary to the Computer Misuse Act 1990.

Read more
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: EMILIANO SALA COURT CASE LATEST

Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:29 am

Emiliano Sala court case latest as pair appear accused of accessing CCTV of Cardiff City footballer's post-mortem examination

Neither Sherry Bray, 48, nor Christopher Ashford, 62, entered pleas in relation to the allegations

Christopher Ashford and Sherry Bray will appear at crown court next month

Neither Sherry Bray, 48, nor Christopher Ashford, 62, entered pleas in relation to the allegations

A man and woman have appeared in court charged with accessing CCTV footage of the post-mortem examination of footballer Emiliano Sala.

Sala, 28, had just signed for Cardiff City when the plane he was travelling in crashed into the English Channel, north of Guernsey, on January 21.

His body was recovered on February 6 and a post-mortem examination took place at Bournemouth Mortuary the following day.

Wiltshire Police later confirmed they were investigating an image on social media that purported to show Sala’s remains during that examination.

On Wednesday Sherry Bray, 48, and Christopher Ashford, 62, appeared before Swindon Magistrates’ Court charged in connection with the force’s investigation.

Ashford, of Calne, faces six charges of causing a computer to perform a function to secure “unauthorised access” to a program or data contrary to the Computer Misuse Act 1990.

Christopher Ashford, 62, leaves Swindon Magistrates' Court

Charges allege he “operated the closed circuit television equipment at the Bournemouth Mortuary and thereby caused the post-mortem of Emiliano Sala to be replayed by using the play-back facility”.

He is alleged to have done so on February 9 at 9.40pm and 11.23pm, on February 10 at 2.32am and 6.58am, and on February 11 at 1.26am and 9.35pm.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ‘ EMILIANO SALA COURT CASE LATEST ‘

Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:18 pm

Sentence will be a suspended one

Some sick people about though

Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:38 am

NIBluebird wrote:Sentence will be a suspended one

Sick bastards.I must admit I was shocked when I saw there ages

Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:02 pm

stickywicket wrote:
NIBluebird wrote:Sentence will be a suspended one

Sick bastards.I must admit I was shocked when I saw there ages

Yes, I agree; but it does seem to be a bit of a trend for middle-aged 'should now better and set examples' to be involved in quite a lot of genuinely stupid stuff thee days :roll:

Just look at those Villa clowns convicted over The Cornwall incident as a starter; and there are many more! :oops: