Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: NOT ONE PENNY SPENT IN THIS WINDOW

Postby NIBluebird » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:53 pm

So you're happy with this?
NIBluebird

Postby bluebird7291 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:53 pm

Very clever. We've got rid of a waste of space in Zohore. Signed 2 strikers with his money.
Pack if true is a good move. Flint good signing once settled in.
Overall I'm happy. Just nervous about all this Reid talk. Although I can't see it personally.
bluebird7291

Postby cityone » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:59 pm

NIBluebird wrote:So you're happy with this?

No I'm totally pissed off, shocking dealings in and out of our club.
cityone

Postby ajbr14 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:01 pm

Takes the financial pressure off the club to bounce straight back up and allows the team/ Warnock to focus fully on matters on the pitch. Spending big doesn’t always guarantee promotion, look at Villa, taken them far longer than expected to go back up and they’re in a hell of a lot of debt. We’re definitely learning our mistakes from the Ole era which hopefully means we won’t be going into another Slade-esque abyss if we don’t go straight back up. Just a bit annoyed that we still haven’t signed a quality right back, but hopefully we’ll get that sorted in January.
ajbr14

Postby cityone » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:11 pm

ajbr14 wrote:Takes the financial pressure off the club to bounce straight back up and allows the team/ Warnock to focus fully on matters on the pitch. Spending big doesn’t always guarantee promotion, look at Villa, taken them far longer than expected to go back up and they’re in a hell of a lot of debt. We’re definitely learning our mistakes from the Ole era which hopefully means we won’t be going into another Slade-esque abyss if we don’t go straight back up. Just a bit annoyed that we still haven’t signed a quality right back, but hopefully we’ll get that sorted in January.

So you think this squad can take us back up???
cityone

Postby Steve Zodiak » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:32 pm

I have been arguing the toss on here for a long time now that Cardiff are not going to spend the sort of figures that are often thrown around on this forum. I am not itk or anything like that, I just listen to what those running the club say. Tan has told us more than once what he wants to see happening at the club, and what his long term plans are. I think some fans only hear what they want to hear.
Steve Zodiak

Postby Sven » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:40 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:I have been arguing the toss on here for a long time now that Cardiff are not going to spend the sort of figures that are often thrown around on this forum. I am not itk or anything like that, I just listen to what those running the club say. Tan has told us more than once what he wants to see happening at the club, and what his long term plans are. I think some fans only hear what they want to hear.

They have to listen in order to hear, Steve Zodiak! ;) :laughing6:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:44 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:I have been arguing the toss on here for a long time now that Cardiff are not going to spend the sort of figures that are often thrown around on this forum. I am not itk or anything like that, I just listen to what those running the club say. Tan has told us more than once what he wants to see happening at the club, and what his long term plans are. I think some fans only hear what they want to hear.

Exactly Steve.

They just don’t know or understand our club.
We were never going to spend 20mill on a striker etc but some people on here just don’t get it.
We’re Cardiff City, this is Neil Warnock, this is what happens.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby cityone » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:50 pm

Well Steve someone is not telling the truth, after another disastrous transfer window last summer warnock said he still had £10 million in his arse pocket and that he had to stop tan from spending big on players. Since then we spent nothing in the january window (circumstances dictated that) and again this window we have spent f**k all, and there are still weaknesses/shortages all over the pitch.
cityone

Postby Steve Zodiak » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:53 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:

Exactly Steve.

We were never going to spend 20mill on a striker etc but some people on here just don’t get it.

Whether or not we agree with signings and sales is all a bit irrelevant. Tan controls the purse strings, and has told anyone who wants to listen that his vision is a debt free club running within it's means. Not sure if that will ever happen, it never has during my 50 odd years as a fan, but he has made himself perfectly clear as far as I am concerned. To be fair, apart from the red shirt fiasco, he has been as good an owner as any I can recall down here. I had resigned myself many years back to never seeing this club in the top flight, and now we have been there twice. In fact, for much of the time I spent at Ninian Park, the Championship was no more than a distant dream.
Steve Zodiak

Postby Steve Zodiak » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:58 pm

cityone wrote:

Well Steve someone is not telling the truth, after another disastrous transfer window last summer warnock said he still had £10 million in his arse pocket and that he had to stop tan from spending big on players. Since then we spent nothing in the january window (circumstances dictated that) and again this window we have spent f**k all, and there are still weaknesses/shortages all over the pitch.

I remember that interview (think it's still here somwhere), and I know he said he should have £10m more to spend. I argued at the time that he never said he had £10m more to spend, and I could never decide exactly what he meant. Did he mean he should have £10m more to spend to be in with a good chance of being competitive, or was he saying he actyully had that money readily available. I don't know, not sure if Warnock even knows.
Steve Zodiak

Postby FloridaBluebird » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:00 pm

You can see where the money for new training facilities is coming from... wrong choice imo
FloridaBluebird

Postby CF23 Bluebird » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:15 pm

So much for doing a Burnley. More like a Sunderland or Blackburn. I was really looking forward to lording over the Jack's but they look to have done better than us :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
CF23 Bluebird

Postby pick and shovel » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:17 pm

Very disappointing .to say the least Midfieldl looks more like a recipe for relegation rather than promotion. £10 million for Reid a good price but not if it simply disappears into Tan's arse pocket.
pick and shovel

Postby Scandinavianbluebird » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:18 pm

And at the same time you have Dalmania come out and say they have learned to plan ahead. And the Warwick says “we are giving it a go this year”. I am looking. I am searching. But I can not find any consistent plan to Warnock signings and the way he wants to play. So, I bow my head in envy, to the ones understanding this master plan, with no money spent, and giving it a go!
Exiting times to be a bluebird..
Scandinavianbluebird

Postby cityone » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:30 pm

pick and shovel wrote:Very disappointing .to say the least Midfieldl looks more like a recipe for relegation rather than promotion. £10 million for Reid a good price but not if it simply disappears into Tan's arse pocket.

It gets worse, it's bad enough that reid has gone but he's gone out on loan :shock: can't work that one out at all.
cityone

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:31 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
cityone wrote:

I remember that interview (think it's still here somwhere), and I know he said he should have £10m more to spend. I argued at the time that he never said he had £10m more to spend, and I could never decide exactly what he meant. Did he mean he should have £10m more to spend to be in with a good chance of being competitive, or was he saying he actyully had that money readily available. I don't know, not sure if Warnock even knows.

Steve its the master of spin spinning his web of confusion over us fans? No question he as said money as been and is available for signings , but he forgot to say he doesn't like spending it on new players just on players to replace the players he bought and refused to use? We are stagnant after this window so promotion chances have diminished fair bit. :banghead:
pembroke allan

Postby pick and shovel » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:31 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:

Exactly Steve.

Whether or not we agree with signings and sales is all a bit irrelevant. Tan controls the purse strings, and has told anyone who wants to listen that his vision is a debt free club running within it's means. Not sure if that will ever happen, it never has during my 50 odd years as a fan, but he has made himself perfectly clear as far as I am concerned. To be fair, apart from the red shirt fiasco, he has been as good an owner as any I can recall down here. I had resigned myself many years back to never seeing this club in the top flight, and now we have been there twice. In fact, for much of the time I spent at Ninian Park, the Championship was no more than a distant dream.

I agree that Tan has been our best owner by some distance ( not that that's too difficult) But that doesnt mean that we should be happy about the way things are shaping up. For instance, where's the midfield? Or are we simply going to by pass it ?
pick and shovel

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:34 pm

Personally I am worried, just my opinion and feel we were relegated due to not good transfers and I feel the same this year that we will miss out on promotion.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby troobloo3339 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:34 pm

pick and shovel wrote:Very disappointing .to say the least Midfieldl looks more like a recipe for relegation rather than promotion. £10 million for Reid a good price but not if it simply disappears into Tan's arse pocket.

Are you serious tans arse pocket
Tan only uses any money in his arse pocket to keep us aflout ffs
Hes put in millions
Reducingbour debt season after season
Converting debt to equity
And has given us 2 promotions to the premier league
And if it wasnt for dimwit officials who f...ed up the chelsea game we would still be in the premier league
troobloo3339

Postby 2blue2handle » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:41 pm

10m player Reid out on loan, Cunningham 4m? Out on loan.

Warnock last two summer of transfers have been extremely poor. I'll let him off January due to the Sala incident.

I really don't want to hear the usual nonsense off Warnock about being under dogs and how much others spent.
2blue2handle

Postby cityone » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:41 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Personally I am worried, just my opinion and feel we were relegated due to not good transfers and I feel the same this year that we will miss out on promotion.

Annis, this is two summer transter windows on a trot which have been a disaster, no money spent, we have no cover for bennet, no decent right back, still one player short in midfield (we lost three in the summer) and no pace at all in the centre of our defence, these weaknesses have been there for a long time and have still not been addressed. Have you seen some of the signings some of the other championship teams have made?? even wigan have spent £12 million in this window.
cityone

Postby Gaynor Straight » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:21 pm

I wonder now what those who think we were promoted a season too early think?

Are we in a better position now than we were this time 2 years ago?
Gaynor Straight

Postby Scandinavianbluebird » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:25 pm

Gaynor Straight wrote:I wonder now what those who think we were promoted a season too early think?

Are we in a better position now than we were this time 2 years ago?

I’m not sure what you mean. The club is at status quo. Other than the league moving forward. Tan is in a better position though. So I guess that mean the club is to?
What I don’t understand though. If we are not going for it, not going anywhere infact. Why don’t we invest in youth?
Scandinavianbluebird

Postby Carpe Diem » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:27 pm

This transfer window has put us way back in the likely final league table. IMO we won’t be contenders for top 6 and worse still I doubt we will even finish above the jacks. We are simply a workmanlike team that will battle and scrape points, but the top teams will ruin us with possession based attacking football.
Carpe Diem

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:30 pm

cityone wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Personally I am worried, just my opinion and feel we were relegated due to not good transfers and I feel the same this year that we will miss out on promotion.

Annis, this is two summer transter windows on a trot which have been a disaster, no money spent, we have no cover for bennet, no decent right back, still one player short in midfield (we lost three in the summer) and no pace at all in the centre of our defence, these weaknesses have been there for a long time and have still not been addressed. Have you seen some of the signings some of the other championship teams have made?? even wigan have spent £12 million in this window.

Well one thing for certain is we have slipped down the pecking order for promotion! We have not enhanced our chances and all the windows have been average at best, he cannot keep going on reputation as a miracle worker because only have so many miracles before they run out and I honestly feel we wont be in playoffs come end season. Said at end season need a change and today only strengthens that view.
pembroke allan

Postby cityone » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:41 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:This transfer window has put us way back in the likely final league table. IMO we won’t be contenders for top 6 and worse still I doubt we will even finish above the jacks. We are simply a workmanlike team that will battle and scrape points, but the top teams will ruin us with possession based attacking football.

Agree with you, still can't understand what has gone on today, another head scratcher for me is how are we left with 5 strikers???
cityone

Postby bluebird58 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:50 pm

And how much money did Norwich and Sheffield Utd spend last season? How much did we spend the season before? You don’t need to spend big to gain promotions!
First game Cardiff v Coventry City 1967
bluebird58

Postby ajbr14 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:05 pm

cityone wrote:
ajbr14 wrote:Takes the financial pressure off the club to bounce straight back up and allows the team/ Warnock to focus fully on matters on the pitch. Spending big doesn’t always guarantee promotion, look at Villa, taken them far longer than expected to go back up and they’re in a hell of a lot of debt. We’re definitely learning our mistakes from the Ole era which hopefully means we won’t be going into another Slade-esque abyss if we don’t go straight back up. Just a bit annoyed that we still haven’t signed a quality right back, but hopefully we’ll get that sorted in January.

So you think this squad can take us back up???

Did many think the 17/18 squad was good enough to get automatics? No. I think we’ve got enough to make the play offs, top 2 may be a stretch but it all depends on whether Warnock can work his magic and whether we make any key signings in January. I wouldn’t write us off because we haven’t spent ludicrous amounts of money.
ajbr14

Next

Return to General Chat