NOT ONE PENNY SPENT IN THIS WINDOW

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: NOT ONE PENNY SPENT IN THIS WINDOW

Postby Bonner » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:26 pm

I am happy.. pith we didn’t get another right back, but glad we were sensible.
Some teams being very silly financially.
Bonner

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby valleymodeller » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:19 pm

If Mendez-LAing, Hoilett, Murphy and Whyte can use their pace and supply the ammo then with Glatzel, Vassell, Bogle and Madine we've got enough fire power to score some goals. Maybe someone will even get 15 goals this season? A solid midfield of Pack , Vaulks, Bacuna, Ralls and maybe even Tomlin should be Ok in the middle. And Peltier, Morrison, Flint, Bamba , Bennet and Nelson to choose from at the back have a hell of a lot of experience. Shame about Etheridge's injury, but I'd prefer to see Smithies as I don't believe Day is up to it.
I think the signings of Pack and Glatzel are the key ones.
We were indeed bad at at Wigan, but must be better than showing on Saturday.
valleymodeller

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:41 pm

valleymodeller wrote:If Mendez-LAing, Hoilett, Murphy and Whyte can use their pace and supply the ammo then with Glatzel, Vassell, Bogle and Madine we've got enough fire power to score some goals. Maybe someone will even get 15 goals this season? A solid midfield of Pack , Vaulks, Bacuna, Ralls and maybe even Tomlin should be Ok in the middle. And Peltier, Morrison, Flint, Bamba , Bennet and Nelson to choose from at the back have a hell of a lot of experience. Shame about Etheridge's injury, but I'd prefer to see Smithies as I don't believe Day is up to it.
I think the signings of Pack and Glatzel are the key ones.
We were indeed bad at at Wigan, but must be better than showing on Saturday.

Well done that man! :thumbup: Our transfer business may have been a little unorthodox but I am confident this season will be a successful one. As stated above Norwich and Sheffield United got automatic promotion last season without busting their bank overdraft facility.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby blue lagoon » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:20 am

Fulham spent and come down, Villa will also come down. Money not always the answer. Long term sustainable growth and keep the club financially sound.
WE'LL ALWAYS BE BLUE!
blue lagoon

Postby Sven » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:28 pm

blue lagoon wrote:Fulham spent and come down, Villa will also come down. Money not always the answer. Long term sustainable growth and keep the club financially sound.

As much as I dislike the Villans (maybe that headbanded ponce who gave Spurs their win more) I really think they have enough to stay up once they learn some early lessons :(
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Whistler » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:16 am

There seams to be an obsession with many people on here that there has to be big money going out of the door, yes we all want to see the best possible players come in but lets face it the Zahore fee was a total bonus so the net amount of money being actually spent was a good deal lower.

If you look at the net spend of most of the other championship clubs you will see that very few of them have spent much at all.

I would agree that the balance of the squad is a little lop-sided but I dare say that the club was looking to move a few people out ( strikers) who are not going to feature this season and the left-back cover is a little thin. The Reid situation was not ideal, but as it has been said players and their agents are running rings around clubs these days so I am not sure whether the club could have done much about it.

If we look at what we have now for the season ahead I would give the club a B- score on transfer dealings. :old:
Whistler

Previous

Return to General Chat