" Robert Glatzel "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Robert Glatzel "

Postby worcester_ccfc » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:53 pm

Really impressed with him so far today.

Good to have a striker who can run at defenders with pace.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

" Robert Glatzel "

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: " Robert Glatzel "

Postby NIBluebird » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:01 pm

Good to have positive feedback
NIBluebird

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:03 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Really impressed with him so far today.

Yes he has been everywhere and looking up for it.

Now hopefully goals the second-half :bluebird:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby bridgendbluebird30 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:40 pm

Excellent game. Didn’t stop running, linked up well particularly with Murphy, heads on, flicks & could have scored in the second half.
bridgendbluebird30

Postby Steve Zodiak » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:47 pm

Looked lively and only needs to score one to equal Zohore's tally of last season. As someone jokingly said to me today, Zohore scored 10 goals in his last 60 games for Cardiff. Quite a few years back our then star striker, Alan Warboys scored four in twenty minutes. Not sure just how accurate this, but this useless piece of trivia brought a smile to my face.
Steve Zodiak

Postby Sven » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:14 pm

Indeed :thumbup:

From what I saw today, I think we may have unearthed a gem in Glatzel :clap: :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Crayfish » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:29 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:Looked lively and only needs to score one to equal Zohore's tally of last season. As someone jokingly said to me today, Zohore scored 10 goals in his last 60 games for Cardiff. Quite a few years back our then star striker, Alan Warboys scored four in twenty minutes. Not sure just how accurate this, but this useless piece of trivia brought a smile to my face.

Think I was at a match when Alan Worboys scored four. Can't remember who against back in the early seventies.
Crayfish

Postby Charlie Harper » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:35 pm

Crayfish wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:Looked lively and only needs to score one to equal Zohore's tally of last season. As someone jokingly said to me today, Zohore scored 10 goals in his last 60 games for Cardiff. Quite a few years back our then star striker, Alan Warboys scored four in twenty minutes. Not sure just how accurate this, but this useless piece of trivia brought a smile to my face.

Think I was at a match when Alan Worboys scored four. Can't remember who against back in the early seventies.

Was v Carlise United
Mad bad and dangerous to know
Charlie Harper

Postby Crayfish » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:36 pm

Thought I was right Alan Worboys scored all four goals in a 4-0 win against Carlisle in 1970 the season we just missed out on promotion by one place. Cracking player pity he only played a couple of seasons for us
Crayfish

Postby Blue View » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:37 pm

I was there with my late father, it was Carlisle United.
Blue View

Postby Hopski » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:40 pm

Nice debut by Robert. He'll have to get used to our brand of head tennis in the Championship, looks to me he likes the ball played on the ground into space or to his feet. Well pleased with him :bluescarf:
Everyone is entitled to my opinion
Hopski

Postby CasualClive » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:42 pm

Crayfish wrote:Thought I was right Alan Worboys scored all four goals in a 4-0 win against Carlisle in 1970 the season we just missed out on promotion by one place. Cracking player pity he only played a couple of seasons for us

I was there he was the replacement striker after we sold Toshack. I was at that match against Carlisle United and I think he scored all 4 goals in the first half.

People talk about Warnock being a great manager but in those days we had the greatest City manager I can remember in Jimmy Scoular. He made some great signings including Brian Clark, Alan Warboys and several others.

A canny Scot - he didn't waste any money in the transfer market!
CasualClive

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:46 pm

A very classy display by Glatzel. The weight of every lay off and pass he played was perfect. Some lovely link up play, including the back heel in the second half which almost created a goal. Missed a sitter when Hoilett crossed for him, but overall I'm very happy with him, he seems to have a bit of everything.
Tonteg Bluebird

Postby rumpo kid » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:53 pm

He looks a neat player... I was wondering what he was thinking with all the rubbish blowing over the pitch. Must have been a strange and new experience.
rumpo kid

Postby Steve Zodiak » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:26 pm

Charlie Harper wrote:
Crayfish wrote:

Was v Carlise United

It was indeed Carlisle, and the goals were all scored by half time. While I was at the match, I am not sure if they were all scored in 20 minutes. It cropped up in conversation as we were comparing recent strikers such as Zohore with past ones such as Warboys. Of course, in truth, there is no comparrison. Be great to have a Warboys here now, although he would probably struggle a bit as he has to be around 70 years old. I have a feeling Glatzel can do a good job for us at this level. Early signs were very encouraging.:ayatollah:
Steve Zodiak

Postby cs_original » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:31 pm

Looks like he could be an excellent player for us. It will take a few months for him to settle and for Warnock and Blackwell to coach him to play the way they want, but the early signs are promising. Nice to see a big lad who has good feet
cs_original

Postby City1983 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:31 pm

He could be a real City hero...he needs time to settle into the Team and Squad..but after today, he will add a real presence up top. Also Whyte had a decent start. Pack also, gave that solidity and control sitting in front of the back four...Vassell, well, what a debut!!
City1983

Postby Steve Zodiak » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:42 pm

City1983 wrote:He could be a real City hero...he needs time to settle into the Team and Squad..but after today, he will add a real presence up top. Also Whyte had a decent start. Pack also, gave that solidity and control sitting in front of the back four...Vassell, well, what a debut!!

Good to see all the positive comments about our new signings after all the negative crap spouted during the transfer window. Amazing how some of our fans almost write players off before they even get a chance to put on the blue shirt. Warnock does not hold the record number of promotions for nothing, and his promotions were not achieved on x box either.I agree with your view of today's game 100%. :old:
Steve Zodiak

Postby Gaynor Straight » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:49 pm

It was nice to have a striker who stayed central.
Far too many in the past have drifted out wide leaving no one in the middle but Glatzel was always in and around the box.
Just a shame I thought that he did get the winning goal.
Gaynor Straight

Postby valleyrambill » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:12 pm

He worked so hard is was back helping the defence and kept running all the time I was impressed with him give him a few games and a goal and I think he will be fine
[color=#0040BF][/color]
valleyrambill

Postby cityone » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:50 pm

CasualClive wrote:
Crayfish wrote:Thought I was right Alan Worboys scored all four goals in a 4-0 win against Carlisle in 1970 the season we just missed out on promotion by one place. Cracking player pity he only played a couple of seasons for us

I was there he was the replacement striker after we sold Toshack. I was at that match against Carlisle United and I think he scored all 4 goals in the first half.

People talk about Warnock being a great manager but in those days we had the greatest City manager I can remember in Jimmy Scoular. He made some great signings including Brian Clark, Alan Warboys and several others.

A canny Scot - he didn't waste any money in the transfer market!

Totally agree with you, Jimmy scholar was the first manager when I followed the city, to this day I always wonder what would have happened if we kept Toshack,??
cityone

Postby cityone » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:08 pm

I'm sure Warboys scored his hatrick in 20 minutes, and his forth was just before half time, by the way, as far as scoring was concerned, Warboys hardly scored a goal for the city again.
cityone

Postby davids » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:34 pm

He did well today considering it was his first game and it was probably a new style of football for him and no doubt the pace of the Championship will have probably been new to him also.

He'll be disappointed he didn't do a bit better with the headed chance he had but the back heel was very nice and he covered an awful lot of ground and made some intelligent runs.

Promising and will get better with experience.
davids

Postby Steve Zodiak » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:30 am

cityone wrote:

I'm sure Warboys scored his hatrick in 20 minutes, and his forth was just before half time, by the way, as far as scoring was concerned, Warboys hardly scored a goal for the city again.

60 games for us - 27 goals. Not a bad record.
Steve Zodiak

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:47 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:
City1983 wrote:He could be a real City hero...he needs time to settle into the Team and Squad..but after today, he will add a real presence up top. Also Whyte had a decent start. Pack also, gave that solidity and control sitting in front of the back four...Vassell, well, what a debut!!

Good to see all the positive comments about our new signings after all the negative crap spouted during the transfer window. Amazing how some of our fans almost write players off before they even get a chance to put on the blue shirt. Warnock does not hold the record number of promotions for nothing, and his promotions were not achieved on x box either.I agree with your view of today's game 100%. :old:

It is good to see the positive posts but the miserable negative posters are just lurking in the background waiting for us to lose. Then the whole forum will change!

As for the game, I thought it was pretty crap but the result was the important thing yesterday and I’m sure we’ll improve as time goes on.

A lot of posters on here = win a game and it’s good with promotion due - lose a game and we’re shit and going down!
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby Steve Zodiak » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:12 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

It is good to see the positive posts but the miserable negative posters are just lurking in the background waiting for us to lose. Then the whole forum will change!

As for the game, I thought it was pretty crap but the result was the important thing yesterday and I’m sure we’ll improve as time goes on.

A lot of posters on here = win a game and it’s good with promotion due - lose a game and we’re shit and going down!

I have noticed a lot of our fans come on here with a knee jerk reaction at the end of every game. Like you say, lose and we are crap, the manager is useless, and we are on our way down. Win, and we are better than Barcelona and certs for the title. I anticipate our football this season will be just like it was the last time we were in this division. Not always pleasing on the eye, and can leave fans wanting to tear their hair out. What counts is how many points we have at the end of the season, and the performances will be forgiven if we are playing PL football next season. I think we will finish top ten, and with Warnock knowing this league inside out, I certainly think with a bit of luck, play off position is possible.

Nothing will be decided over the next few weeks one way or the other, and I barely glance at the tables until a dozen or so games have been played.
Steve Zodiak

Postby JJ1927 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:17 am

cityone wrote:

I was there that day. His first three came in the first 10 minutes. He immediately ran across to the dug out to collect £10 which Scoular had promised him if he scored a hat trick that day. The fourth came just before half time I think. I seem to remember he also got two on his debut against Sheff Wed the club we had signed him from.
JJ1927

Postby ReesWestonSuperMare » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:24 am

Both he and Vassell looked good today. They are what Zohore should have been.

With those 2 plus Bogle and Ward we will have some very direct fire power up front. Not sure where / how Madine will fit in though.

Patterson was just a menace yesterday. In fact they all played how Warnock wants them to play, combative, hard in the tackle and playing for each other. Only one home game in , but Im liking what Im seeing. This season looks like it's going to get very interesting
ReesWestonSuperMare

Postby TopCat CCFC » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:16 pm

Spot On :thumbup:
TopCat CCFC

Postby montyblue » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:36 pm

Funny how some people see it, spoke to 2 guys in the borough one was all for glatzal and looks good, the other was slating neil for letting b reid go because he plays dinasour football he said he thought the game was dreadfull football, personally i liked what i saw and went nuts in the canton when we got the winner , the only negative from me is when we score we need to go for it for the 2nd rather than sitting on on 1 goal.
montyblue

Return to General Chat